Post-Game Talk: Preds vs Flames 1/4/24 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I'm a biased homer, but to me it looks like Gilbert was going for a reverse check there, which is what caused the weird angle in which he went down. It may technically be a slew-foot because Tomasino's leg did make contact with Gilbert's leg, but it wasn't dirty or intentional and wasn't the cause of Gilbert's injury.
Agreed. The check and angle into the boards caused Gilbert to start falling backwards. Tomasino's skate was behind Gilbert's right leg, while Gilbert's left leg was already up in the air, so it could be viewed as a slewfooting technically. But the position of their feet seemed incidental to the fall. Gilbert was going to fall hard backwards if Tomasino's left leg was there or not.

Slewfooting with intention involves, to me, coming up from behind unexpectedly and intentionally kicking or whipping one or both of the skates out from under someone. So while I can see that hit looked something like that in super slo mo, it really lacked in other respects.

Hope Gilbert recovers quickly.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Slewfoot generally has had the connotation of being intentional but I guess like other penalties intent doesn’t really matter. Still I’m not sure I’d even call it an accidental slewfoot as much as it was just a hit with a very unfortunate result.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
"Minimal" as a word in relation to slewfoot is a new one ... credit to Middleton on Twitter for that one. Either it is a slewfoot or not ... and if so it comes with a match penalty, period. Intent isn't part of the call.

Yes or no, Tomasino used his leg or foot to knock or kick Gilbert's feet out from under him? If that answer is yes ... did Gilbert fall violently to the ice? A yes to that one as well completes the requirements for a call.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Plus side arizona and mild lost as well. Losing sucks but atleast we didnt lose too much ground to the teams nipping on our heels. Stl won and edmonton didnt play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad