Post-Game Talk: Preds vs Flames 1/4/24 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Mainly lookin at the failed glove save here as a for instance.

The first one was well screened and well placed on a PK where the four skaters couldn't get a clear. The second one he makes the initial stop then Josi puts it in while trying to knock it out of the air behind Saros ... if it goes in or wide without Josi is pure speculation. The 3rd and 4th he definitely should have stopped. The 5th was what happens when there is a body unaccounted for on the far post.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
That "unstructured" time in space was because Saros was beaten at a bad angle to the far post and puck puck luckily stayed out. Then, Saros gives up a soft goal by not having his pad fully on the ice in the reverse VH.
The first one Saros never sees thru the screen. The second one is put in by Josi after Saros makes the initial stop. The videos are on the NHL game center.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
The first one was well screened and well placed on a PK where the four skaters couldn't get a clear. The second one he makes the initial stop then Josi puts it in while trying to knock it out of the air behind Saros ... if it goes in or wide without Josi is pure speculation. The 3rd and 4th he definitely should have stopped. The 5th was what happens when there is a body unaccounted for on the far post.
Excusing the first and second goals are a poor take, at best. I'd give Saros a pass on one of the 3rd and 4th goals but can't let both in. The fifth goal was no fault of Saros, he might have fought the puck the whole period but did keep out what he had a chance at.

Josi on ice for all 3 "goals off the rush". First two he's out of position and Fabbro has to defend the left side of the ice, third one he was tired and did a lot of nothing.

Two top players that aren't carrying their weight tonight.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Excusing the first and second goals are a poor take, at best. I'd give Saros a pass on one of the 3rd and 4th goals but can't let both in. The fifth goal was no fault of Saros, he might have fought the puck the whole period but did keep out what he had a chance at.

Josi on ice for all 3 "goals off the rush". First two he's out of position and Fabbro has to defend the left side of the ice, third one he was tired and did a lot of nothing.

Saros could have stopped all 4 of the first ones. Yeah there may have been some break downs but there were no crazy screens or bounces, no seeing eye puck, just basic saves that should be made.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
The first one Saros never sees thru the screen. The second one is put in by Josi after Saros makes the initial stop. The videos are on the NHL game center.
I don't give a shit if he saw the puck or not. The reason he's was in the reverse VH is to seal off the ice from that exact shot. He didn't have his knee all the way down so his pad was up far enough for the puck to slide under. That is a mechanical problem, not a vision problem.

Saros could have stopped all 4 of the first ones. Yeah there may have been some break downs but there were no crazy screens or bounces, no seeing eye puck, just basic saves that should be made.
Oh, for sure, 3 and 4 were stoppable but a goalie will give up something so I feel like it fair to excuse one but not both.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005

I didn't excuse them. I said what happened on them without the hyperbole.

Josi not just on the ice for the second goal against ... he deflected it in the net for the Flames. It's obvious what he tried to do but the execution went horribly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad