Waived: Preds release Jonathan Ismael-Diaby

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
LNAH

Reading further, the fan had been hurling racist taunts at Diaby all night, and had previously done so during another game last season.

There was a big incident that made the news last year with fans of this particular team harassing him with racist chants and even his father and girlfriend in the stands

Obviously I can’t speak for the city as a whole but in general the cities in which these Senior teams draw the best are low income. The level of hockey of the top 2 lines on each team in that league is actually quite impressive. A lot of former pro players/NHL draft picks

Unfortunately each team has at least 3-4 pure goons and the major drawing point for most fans is still the staged fights. Helmets off, dance a bit at center ice, sound guys play heavy metal music during the fights, etc

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Diaby is of Haitian descent and was born in Quebec. I will guess that he speaks French fairly well. He knew what that fan was yelling at him.

That fan, who literally got in his face, should be banned for life!

That arena needs a barrier to keep fans farther away from the penalty box.

You can see Diaby's major problems in the video. He is not good on his skates, and for a guy who is 6'5", he really can't fight well. Even with his long arms, he could not connect with a fan that was popping up repeatedly in from of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I just wish Diaby had connected and put that racist POS in the hospital. That has been going on too long and there's no place for that in any society. Diaby gets a total pass from me. Normally you want to ask a pro athlete to show some restraint and turn the other cheek, right? But that league, that arena has just been letting that racist crap go on, and a response was pretty much unavoidable. It's a "bush league" in general, but if they are going to let the fans have a free pass, they shouldn't punish the players for doing what any self-respecting human being would do in that situation.

I'd probably just walk away if I was Diaby. At this point they are just using him as a sideshow to sell tickets. He's just 24, he can find a better life than putting up with this garbage.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I just wish Diaby had connected and put that racist POS in the hospital. That has been going on too long and there's no place for that in any society. Diaby gets a total pass from me. Normally you want to ask a pro athlete to show some restraint and turn the other cheek, right? But that league, that arena has just been letting that racist crap go on, and a response was pretty much unavoidable. It's a "bush league" in general, but if they are going to let the fans have a free pass, they shouldn't punish the players for doing what any self-respecting human being would do in that situation.

I'd probably just walk away if I was Diaby. At this point they are just using him as a sideshow to sell tickets. He's just 24, he can find a better life than putting up with this garbage.

I yell at goons on the other team. I yell at the on ice officials when they really goof up, which is about 3 or 4 times a season. I don't go running to the penalty box and start banging on the glass like this so called "fan" did.

Maybe Diaby has some other skills that he can use, like being a chef or something else. Now would be a good time to think about retirement. I hope that he has some money saved. The "fan" needs some serious attitude adjustment.

If the LNAH doesn't do something about this "fan", then they should be shunned by organized hockey. How about if you play a season in the LNAH, you are ineligible to play in a PHPA sanctioned league. That means that you jump to the NHL or forget it, because the AHL and ECHL would be closed to you.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The LNAH is where failed players go to hang on to the illusion that they are still relevant. It's a league where staged fights take precedence over winning and losing on the scoreboard. It's a place where the least penalized team averages over 17 PIM per game this season.

I honestly cannot name one player to go from the LNAH to the NHL.

Reactions: cjerina

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
The LNAH is where failed players go to hang on to the illusion that they are still relevant. It's a league where staged fights take precedence over winning and losing on the scoreboard. It's a place where the least penalized team averages over 17 PIM per game this season.

I honestly cannot name one player to go from the LNAH to the NHL.
the league makes a mockery of professional hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad