Recalled/Assigned: Preds recall Austin Watson

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Excellent. I think this confirms that the org is realistic about the rest of this season. Let the young guys get some NHL ice time, let any vet with a nagging injury go ahead and rest. With no roster limit now and the ads pretty much hosed I would like to see us bring up jeremy smith and see hiow he looks agains the big boys so we can try to decide what to do with him this summer

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Excellent. I think this confirms that the org is realistic about the rest of this season. Let the young guys get some NHL ice time, let any vet with a nagging injury go ahead and rest. With no roster limit now and the ads pretty much hosed I would like to see us bring up jeremy smith and see hiow he looks agains the big boys so we can try to decide what to do with him this summer

Agreed. I'll be honest. I would love to see the Preds bring back Chet Pickard and see if he can get a second chance to be the Preds backup.

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom

Jeremy Smith has been totally outshone by Magnus Hellberg in Milwaukee this season. Chet Pickard had a nice season in Sweden, he might get a second chance.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN

Agreed. Would be good to see what the kids can do with nothing on the line right now.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I feel like the rest of the season should be a dress rehearsal for some of these young guys. We aren't going to be making the playoffs, and that's fine. Let's see what we have before going into the draft/FA market.

I agree with doc on bringing up Smith. I don't think we bring Mason back (though I did add him into my line up in my roster thread). Too expensive for a back up who will only see a handful of games behind Rinne.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Agreed. I'll be honest. I would love to see the Preds bring back Chet Pickard and see if he can get a second chance to be the Preds backup.

Chet Pickard? You mean the guy who went an entire calendar year in the AHL without winning a game for a team that qualified for the playoffs both seasons?

I would rather have Calvin Pickard. He can stop the puck in this country.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I feel like the rest of the season should be a dress rehearsal for some of these young guys. We aren't going to be making the playoffs, and that's fine. Let's see what we have before going into the draft/FA market.

I agree with doc on bringing up Smith. I don't think we bring Mason back (though I did add him into my line up in my roster thread). Too expensive for a back up who will only see a handful of games behind Rinne.

Jeremy Smith has a leg injury. His return date is unknown. Hellberg is a more likely candidate as an NHL back up.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Jeremy Smith has a leg injury. His return date is unknown. Hellberg is a more likely candidate as an NHL back up.

Hey that works, too. How has Hellberg looked?

Sorry, I barely have enough time to keep up with just the NHL :laugh:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
so who is backing up Hellberg?

Im not as sure as TMI that we wont re-sign Mason, or someone of his ilk, unless we know we have a decent backup coming up from Milwaukee.

I suspect Mason will be available for $1M or less next season, and it doesnt get much cheaper than that.

and this isnt the Mason homer in me, either. If not Mason then we need some NHL experienced backup unless we know Hellberg is ready for the jump

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
It will be interesting to see what lines Trotz puts out there and who he scratches.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
so who is backing up Hellberg?

Im not as sure as TMI that we wont re-sign Mason, or someone of his ilk, unless we know we have a decent backup coming up from Milwaukee.

I suspect Mason will be available for $1M or less next season, and it doesnt get much cheaper than that.

and this isnt the Mason homer in me, either. If not Mason then we need some NHL experienced backup unless we know Hellberg is ready for the jump

Joel Martin was signed out of the ECHL and is backing up Hellberg while Smith is out.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Bittersweet with all the injuries mounting, but very excited to see Watson in the NHL. Not sure if he'll stick right away, but this kid will be a solid impact player.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Good to see Watson up and playing tonight. We are done and there is no need to have Fisher out there playing hurt. Same with Gaustad. Let the kids play and see where they are in their development so Poile knows the moves he needs to make in the off season.

Hockeyfever

Jan 5, 2012
Good to see Watson up and playing tonight. We are done and there is no need to have Fisher out there playing hurt. Same with Gaustad. Let the kids play and see where they are in their development so Poile knows the moves he needs to make in the off season.

^^^^this

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Excited! I hope the kids do well but we don't win so we also get great pick in possibly top 8. Lol.

Next season is gonna be bomb for us!! Can't wait!

Jyrgen

Oct 10, 2005
Jeremy Smith has been totally outshone by Magnus Hellberg in Milwaukee this season. Chet Pickard had a nice season in Sweden, he might get a second chance.

A nice season? He made the swiss cheese look like a brick wall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad