Post-Game Talk: Preds NHL Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
God if Poile does go after Hayes I hope he doesn't give up much. Not worth it imo.
This. Hayes is not better than Turris, IMHO. Big body and putting up some points this season, but in the big picture he is not a difference-maker. He's another soft middling player. I wouldn't want them to re-sign him at $5-6M+ or whatever his numbers say his next contract should be. If you get him as a rental for a 2020 2nd round pick... ooookay, I guess that's not the end of the world. But surely other teams are looking at him more seriously than that. He'd be a pointless acquisition for our team, I'd say... a sign that "all else failed".

All else should NOT fail in this window season with so many options on the market.

Reactions: predfan24

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Sounds like a deal cooking with CBJ & OTT. Duchene?

I'm cool with him going elsewhere as long as it's the East.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
What is CBJ thinking? I'm going to guess they aren't going to be able to re-sign Duchene. They aren't an elite team even with him. They are giving up assets and will likely be stuck holding the purse after Panarin, Bob, and Duchene flee this summer.

Guess they really want to get over that round 1 hump.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
We have to get Stone. We’ve gotta hit a trade deadline deal one of these years.

Come on Poile!

Screw that.

Yesterday, the guys on TSN (Dreger, Mckenzie, Lebrun?) were saying that the price for Winnipeg was two 1sts and two prospects/young players and they were willing to pay it or close to it.

They can have him.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Sounds like a deal cooking with CBJ & OTT. Duchene?

I'm cool with him going elsewhere as long as it's the East.
Not the end of the world. He was only ever a delta boost for us anyway. The real key was, and remains, whether he has any interest in playing here as of July 1. Saving the futures and recalibrating to a July 1st acquisition "for free" is fine by me.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
What is CBJ thinking? I'm going to guess they aren't going to be able to re-sign Duchene. They aren't an elite team even with him. They are giving up assets and will likely be stuck holding the purse after Panarin, Bob, and Duchene flee this summer.

Guess they really want to get over that round 1 hump.
Well, they will have the cap room anyway. I don't know if Duchene is a pure money guy or also willing to trade $$$ for wins. Panarin and Bob fleeing may mean CBJ can pay TOP dollar for him. If top dollar is all he wants. If that's what he's interested in, you can't fault him. It's his life. But he's not getting that coming here. CBJ or somebody else would be welcome to him in that case.

Reactions: predfan24

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Not the end of the world. He was only ever a delta boost for us anyway. The real key was, and remains, whether he has any interest in playing here as of July 1. Saving the futures and recalibrating to a July 1st acquisition "for free" is fine by me.
sounds like he could be resigning with CBJ

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
What is interesting about the Columbus situation is they may not even MAKE the playoffs, even if they get Duchene. Right now there are 4 teams competing for 3 spots (Penguins, Habs, Canes, Blue Jackets).

Duchene certainly helps their chances, but it would not shock me at all if they missed completely.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Duchene gives them a chance to sign a 1C that they need. They could be working on a deal to trade Panerin as a rental that would get back the assets they use to get Duchene.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Man I can't stand Columbus, but that would be one of the biggest blunders of all time to go in like that and not only miss the playoffs but lose all 3 of them to UFA as well.

From the pieces moving it sounds more like a rental but I can't imagine taking that risk.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
If it's all about the money then I could see him re-signing. It would just look odd that a guy who has been in the league for a decade, finally reaches UFA and then signs long term in Columbus of all places before he can test the market? File that under things I didn't see coming from a mile away.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Duchene to CBJ with no extension. Yes, I am a hater but I'm pretty sure this is going to blow up in their faces.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
And it looks like it is a rental and they don't have an extension. Columbus is basically taking a chance on a run.

I can't decide if it's stupid or ballsy as hell. Guess it could be both.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Interesting... if it is Abramov and Davidsson, those are a couple pretty good prospects up front, then a 1st conditional on Duchene re-signing? I mean, we could have done that, though our 1st wound't have the same "upside" as Columbus' does if they miss the playoffs. Tolvanen is probably still a notch above those two prospects. But our next-best forward prospect (Mismash? Who?) would be a significant notch below, so if you looked at our comparable as Tolvanen+Mismash+conditional 1st... I don't think we win? I'd be ok with that price to get Duchene, not ok if you replaced Mismash with Fabbro, our only other truly attractive prospect. Net: ok with not paying it and letting him go to Columbus. Seems reasonable. :dunno:

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Thank god he’s in Columbus!!
We do afraid we were gonna move tolvanen and first for that dude.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Now we just need to trade for Stone, then sign Duchene in the summer.

Done and done

We can figure out other moves in the offseason to keep both of them.

Wishful thinking for sure- lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad