Post-Game Talk: Preds NHL Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
well that was certainly an interesting last 10 minutes. help for the PP, help for the top 2 lines. help for net front presence. help on the bottom two lines. and who knows, maybe fiala or Hartman were problems in the locker room. whatever happens, we got better today, possibly significantly better. and we kept fabbro and tolvanen and our first rounder. honestly I couldn't have asked for more than that.

Bluebird

Feb 25, 2019
Nashville, TN
well that was certainly an interesting last 10 minutes. help for the PP, help for the top 2 lines. help for net front presence. help on the bottom two lines. and who knows, maybe fiala or Hartman were problems in the locker room. whatever happens, we got better today, possibly significantly better. and we kept fabbro and tolvanen and our first rounder. honestly I couldn't have asked for more than that.

I'm excited to see how this team looks moving forward. Hopefully, this will be a fresh start with a laser-like focus on bringing home a title to Nashville. I tip my hat off to the front office for improving the team, while retaining the valuable assets. Can't wait.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Poile upgraded our top-6 mightily with Granlund and gave up next to nothing for Simmonds, who I don't mind having as a rental. I liked both Hartman and Fiala but the return we got was much better.

Plus, Poile did without giving up Tolvanen, Fabbro or our 1st. That's something.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Tolvanen with Granlund next year could be something reallly nice with Turris if we keep him.

Granlund can center 2nd line, it is not optimal but possible scenario. Has Turris been good? I saw him playing here when lockout and was not impressed, guy was fast but thats all

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Granlund can center 2nd line, it is not optimal but possible scenario. Has Turris been good? I saw him playing here when lockout and was not impressed, guy was fast but thats all

Turris was good last year, he has not been good this year. Hoping for a bounceback (although we might have to wait until next season)

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
turris has been pretty much crap here other than his first 20 games when we first got him all the way back to November of 17-18

Reactions: behemolari

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
turris has been pretty much crap here other than his first 20 games when we first got him all the way back to November of 17-18

Youre going to need a guy with a lethal shot to play with Granlund, something to feed, how about Forsberg

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Offload Bonino in the offseason and sign Duchene.

Forsberg (6M) - Johansen (8M) - Arvidsson (4.25M)
Duchene (8M) - Turris (6M) - Granlund (5.75)
Jarnkrok/Tolvanen/Richard (0.895M) - Sissons (2M) - Smith (4.25M)
Watson (1.1M) - Jarnkrok/Gaudreau (2M) - Grimaldi (1M)
Gaudreau (0.666M)

Josi (4M) - Ellis (6.25M)
Ekholm (3.75M) - Subban (9M)
Hamhuis (1.25M) - Fabbro (0.900M)
Weber (0.675M)

Rinne (5M)
Saros (1.5M)

= A little over 82M.

Then offload one of Ellis or Subban in 2020 to sign Josi & Granlund.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
You keep ripping on Turris but the fact of the matter is he's been injured for a huge chunk of the year and his linemates haven't exactly lit it up, either. He's been underwhelming but he's still the 2C and the guy we acquire is on pace for three straight +60 point seasons while playing on the wing. We're not gonna put him on center unless we absolutely have to.

Now, if these new linemates don't get him going, then I'm gonna be worried and we should probably look to move him in the offseason and go get Duchene.

Reactions: Viqsi

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
You keep ripping on Turris but the fact of the matter is he's been injured for a huge chunk of the year and his linemates haven't exactly lit it up, either. He's been underwhelming but he's still the 2C and the guy we acquire is on pace for three straight +60 point seasons while playing on the wing. We're not gonna put him on center unless we absolutely have to.

Now, if these new linemates don't get him going, then I'm gonna be worried and we should probably look to move him in the offseason and go get Duchene.
turris had 17 points in his first 17 games with us when fiala and smith were red hot with him. fiala has become a casualty. he didn't have the center he needed imo. obviously happier w/ granlund, just giving fiala some slack.

in 2017-2018 after turris' 17 points in 17 games, he finished the year with 25 points in 48 games.

13 games in the playoffs.. 0 goals 3 assist.

this year 40 games, 20 points.

total since the hot start if you include the playoffs is 101 games played and only 48 points.

not including the playoffs, 45 points in 88 games played. he hasn't been a 2 C here. that's our biggest issue. JOFA and no one else. if granlund can help, it will be because of his skill w/ the puck. granlund is turris' only hope of getting back to a 55-60 point pace.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
is it also not concerning he only has 39 ES points since we acquired him? ES play is much more important in the playoffs. i have zero confidence in turris. sorry but that's just how i feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad