GDT: Preds @ Mild Wings 6:00PM CST 2/23/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
Just one of those nights. Plenty of shots. Several good chances. No luck. Howard is having a good night. Rinne isn't.

Forget it and move on.

Sidenote: the Preds typically struggle in times after an injured player returns to the lineup. I guess it's chemistry related. Not that we didn't want Hornqvist back, but there's a definite hiccup from the whole team. Factor in that Gaustad is leaving at the same time...it's just not a good situation for us. Oh, and Trotz messed with the D pairs to insert Gill.

It's frustrating as hell to watch, but one of those typical mid-season slumps. The problem is that unlike the beginning of the season, where we were losing, but still getting points...we have 2 points in 4 games. We need to get back on track and get the offense and defense on the same page.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
We outshoot and outchance them, and we still get beat.

This is a nice reminder to our team and fans that shots matter a whole lot less than goals.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Just one of those nights. Plenty of shots. Several good chances. No luck. Howard is having a good night. Rinne isn't.

Forget it and move on.

Sidenote: the Preds typically struggle in times after an injured player returns to the lineup. I guess it's chemistry related. Not that we didn't want Hornqvist back, but there's a definite hiccup from the whole team. Factor in that Gaustad is leaving at the same time...it's just not a good situation for us. Oh, and Trotz messed with the D pairs to insert Gill.

It's frustrating as hell to watch, but one of those typical mid-season slumps. The problem is that unlike the beginning of the season, where we were losing, but still getting points...we have 2 points in 4 games. We need to get back on track and get the offense and defense on the same page.

This was Hornqvist's 4th game back not sure about chemistry. Fact is the forwards are not talented enough to score consistantly night in and night out. The team is very lucky to have the points they do at this point.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Have we ever had consistent defense and offense at the same time? Another embarrassing performance. Thanks a lot David Poile.

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
Welp I set the DVR for NHL Network because I missed the game...and see now that it was blacked out on that channel. The hockey gods must have been smiling down upon me. Judging from the score and the posts here, I missed a whole lot of nothing.

Let me just recap what I've read...Clune boarded a guy, we couldn't put anything in the net to save our lives?

Does that pretty much cover it?

Yukon Cornellis

aka Phoneguy
Mar 27, 2010
Hendersonville, TN
Welp I set the DVR for NHL Network because I missed the game...and see now that it was blacked out on that channel. The hockey gods must have been smiling down upon me. Judging from the score and the posts here, I missed a whole lot of nothing.

Let me just recap what I've read...Clune boarded a guy, we couldn't put anything in the net to save our lives?

Does that pretty much cover it?

The boarding call was pretty weak. Shoulder to shoulder hit, Wings player drops like he's been sniped, then pops right back up after the call. Other than that, yeah, you pretty much got it right.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I don't like Hannan with Klein, it doesn't cover his mistakes enough...

This is frustrated me as well. We have 3 OFD (4,7,59) and 4 DFD (6,8,22,75). It is best if we can pair them together so we have one guy to clear the front of the net and make up for defensive lapses, while the other one provides good breakout passes and works the puck well in the offensive zone. Trotz continues to pair two DFD (like Weber-Hannan or Klein-Hannan) and two OFD (Blum-Ellis) instead of making units that play to each other's strengths. I would love to see...

Weber-Blum
Klein-Josi
Hannan-Ellis
Gill

But really, and OFD-DFD combination is fine with me. Curious to see if Weber could help cover Blum's mistakes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad