Speculation: Preds lines game one for playoffs

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Tolvanen should sit until it becomes clear we need him. And I dont want to think about the scenarios in which we would definitely need him... they are all bad

Reactions: token grinder

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Top 6 as it is.

Hartnell - Bonino - Jarnkrok
Watson - Sissons - Hartman

Or, if Jarny isn't ready

Hartnell - Bonino - Hartman
Watson - Fisher - Sissons

In my mind, Hartnell and Fisher are the changeable parts. Fisher has looked better lately, Hartnell is good on the PP if given time.

If it is Fisher playing and Jarnkrok is healthy.

Hartman - Bonino - Jarnkrok

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Now that we know it is Colorado we need to put the fastest team we have got out there which is why we need Jarnkrok back. Fisher is going to play forget about him being a scratch. Hartnell is the guy who will be scratched because of his lack of foot speed. Salomaki has actually played pretty well lately and has got better wheels and if Jarnkrok isn't ready I could see him playing. This is how I see the bottom 6.

Hartman Bonino Sissons
Salomaki Fisher Watson

Hartman Bonino Jarnkrok
Sissons Fisher Watson

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I hope last night was the last time we see Hartnell this season.

Top 6 as is.

Bonino centering Jarnkrok and Hartman
Fisher centering Sissons and Watson.

Sissons and Hartman are interchangeable depending on matchups.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Top 6 as it is.

Hartnell - Bonino - Jarnkrok
Watson - Sissons - Hartman

Or, if Jarny isn't ready

Hartnell - Bonino - Hartman

In my mind, Hartnell and Fisher are the changeable parts. Fisher has looked better lately, Hartnell is good on the PP if given time.

If it is Fisher playing and Jarnkrok is healthy.

Hartman - Bonino - Jarnkrok

I'd say there is zero chance Fisher is scratched for a playoff game if hes healthy

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Imo, Fisher is coming around and getting back to where he was last year. Hopefully that bodes well for his playoff performance.

Irwin didn't look like hot garbage last night so I'm assuming he'll start on the bottom pairing. It probably helped that he was paired with Ekholm...

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Imo, Fisher is coming around and getting back to where he was last year. Hopefully that bodes well for his playoff performance.

Irwin didn't look like hot garbage last night so I'm assuming he'll start on the bottom pairing. It probably helped that he was paired with Ekholm...

Agree on Fisher- I thought Saturday was his best game since returning- was very good

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

NightowlPred

Apr 7, 2017
Ek and Subban were used against the top lines of the other teams. I'm sure they will be again this year.
I hope so, not only are Ek and Subban defensively more sound. But I get the feeling Josi and Ellis are just better at exploiting weaker competition. I expect them to prey on the Avs bottom lines.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Anyone that doesn't understand Calle's value to this line-up hasn't watched much since he's been out...

I'm just hoping Calle isn't too rusty if he is back in the lineup after having been out several games. We need him on point in the playoffs not just trying to get back in the groove while in the playoffs.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm just hoping Calle isn't too rusty if he is back in the lineup after having been out several games. We need him on point in the playoffs not just trying to get back in the groove while in the playoffs.

Yeah the ideal situation would be get some spot action late in the first round assuming we have a series lead, so the rust is knocked off by round 2. Of course if we get in trouble in round 1 he may have to play, rust or no.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Does anybody feel like we could switch d pairings with Colorado having such a hot top line?

Ekholm-Subban
Josi-Ellis

I imagine that's the pairings we'll see in the playoffs. Both those pairings logging 25-26 mins a night and then whatever the third pairing shakes out to be getting 10-8 mins a night. Of course if we ever take a commanding lead, I assume we'll start seeing more of the third pairing out there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad