Speculation: Preds lines game one for playoffs

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Assuming Jarnkrok is not back and Tolvanen gets as is expected, what do you guys think of this lineup going into the playoffs?

JOFA
Fiala Turris Tolvanen
Hartman Bonino Smith
Hartnell Sissons Watson
Fisher swapping in and out with Bonino/Sissons

Josi Ellis
Ekholm Subban
Emelin Weber

Rinne
Saros

Salomaki, Irwin are first two call ups in injury situation that hopefully does not happen.

I think this team is insanely deep,

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Like I said in another thread I don't think it will be Smith that will be moved down. Frankly I think Lavi is afraid it would break his mojo.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
If Tolvanen lives up to the hype:

Tolvanen-Johansen-Arvidsson
Fiala-Turris-Smith
Forsberg-Fisher-Hartman
Hartnell-Bonino-Sissons

• Sweet Jesus that 4th line.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
No Hook or Watson?

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Fiala-Turris-Smith
Tolvanen-Bonino-Hook
Hartman-Sissons-Watson

Top 4
Emelin-Tater

I'm not sure either are healthy? Also, is Fisher not in your line up? Also, I said, IF, Tolvanen pans out. I'm just wondering who you fit in and take out. This team could ice 5 lines without flinching and there is the fact of playoff minute condensing. I see a top 9 with 3 guys who play specials or can eat even strength time without looking like a donkey.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
If Tolvanen lives up to the hype:

Tolvanen-Johansen-Arvidsson
Fiala-Turris-Smith
Forsberg-Fisher-Hartman
Hartnell-Bonino-Sissons

• Sweet Jesus that 4th line.

I think forsberg has to play first or second line. He’s our most talented player overall and is wasted with third liners like Hartman and Fish.

Also we have to have Watson playing, he has so many hits and blocked shots and is also able to put up points and stand up for guys, he’s a guy that can mix it up and pump the team up and inspire guys. There is no way he should ever miss a game unless he’s hurt IMO

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I'm not sure either are healthy? Also, is Fisher not in your line up? Also, I said, IF, Tolvanen pans out. I'm just wondering who you fit in and take out. This team could ice 5 lines without flinching and there is the fact of playoff minute condensing. I see a top 9 with 3 guys who play specials or can eat even strength time without looking like a donkey.
Fisher is my first depth player, even if a wing goes down you move Sissons to the wing and move Hartman up. I don't think Fisher has looked that good since he's come back and we need the youthful penalty killers so that our top liners aren't having to play as much on the PK.
Hartnell is the next to go into the line up in case of injury or ineffectiveness.

Tolvanen is protected on the 3rd line but should be on the #1 PP unit.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I think the jofa line and the current smith line stay the same, if working. I just don't think you break those up.
Where the rest fits I don't know...

Reactions: myFialabot

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Not to mention he should be able to drive a line so this could be something that is attempted.
I think tolvanen maybe ends up being the top six winger on the third line. Less coverage and more chance to break out for him, I’m really hoping jarnkrok is back by playoffs to play on that line A well.
But forsberg needs to be top line, the JOFA cannot be broken up right before playoffs. That just spells bad news.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Won't make a suggestion yet. 3 more games to see if Tolvanen steps up, to see if Fisher gets a little more going, see if there's a prognosis on Hook. If I suggest something today I know I'd just change it in a week.

I'd be getting ready to play the top-4 D HUGE minutes though. Basically they are 25-27+ mins each unless the team is winning by 3 or more. It would be nice to have the luxury of resting them a lot in the last 3 games. I guess that's a question of just how much the Pres. Trophy means. Tough call.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i agree with this trig. but honestly i will be shocked if lavy doesn't start fisher and alternate hartman/sissons/hartnell from game to game (if jarnkrok and all forwards are ready to go). and if weber is healthy i fully expect him to be with emilin on the right side of the 3rd pair instead of bitetto.

still lots to be determined of course, the actual arvy, weber, jarnkrok injury situations by then. the performance of tolvanen these last three games. any further injuries, etc. we could see several different combos still by that time because of things.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Hartman has been awesome. He should definitely get in over Fisher imo but understand where you're coming from. If anything I would expect it to be a decision on Fisher vs. Hartnell.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Hartman has been awesome. He should definitely get in over Fisher imo but understand where you're coming from. If anything I would expect it to be a decision on Fisher vs. Hartnell.
What has Hartman done to say he is awesome? Not contesting your opinion just curious why you say awesome. Cheers

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
What has Hartman done to say he is awesome? Not contesting your opinion just curious why you say awesome. Cheers

He is highly disruptive, brings speed, has shown ability to play up and down the lines, and looks to have arguably as much offensive potential as either Fisher or Hartnell. I'll take his upside over what either of those two bring to the table any day.

Basically most of what he brings will not show up on the score sheet. Although, I'm thinking off the top of my head that he also has more points than either Fisher or Hartnell since joining the Preds.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Jarnkrok is skating again, right?

Jofa
Fits
Hartnell-Bones-Jarnkrok
Hartman-Sissons-Watson

Fisher/Tolvanen/Salamoki are injury replacements.

Emelin-2bit

This is my lineup as well.

Except Weber on the 3rd if we have a fast team against us and Irwin if we have a physical team. Bitetto is too prone to turnovers, Irwin and Weber get caught too much out of position. But 52 and 7 have experience from last year and they were pretty solid aside from the Finals. That's why I'm taking them before Bitetto.

Also, if Tolvanen gets it together I take him before Hartnell.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
He is highly disruptive, brings speed, has shown ability to play up and down the lines, and looks to have arguably as much offensive potential as either Fisher or Hartnell. I'll take his upside over what either of those two bring to the table any day.

Basically most of what he brings will not show up on the score sheet. Although, I'm thinking off the top of my head that he also has more points than either Fisher or Hartnell since joining the Preds.

Fair enough. I like the reasoning for sure. I do like that he tends to be able to draw penalties. I think best line for him is playing on Bonino/sissons’ wing.

So is it just me, or will hartnell and fish be the two healthy scratches if hook it back??

JOFA
Fiala Turris Smith
Tolvanen Bonino Jarnkrok
Watson sissons hartman

Pretty insane bench of fisher, hartnell and salo.

Any word on hook? Can’t find anything online.
Cheers,

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Fair enough. I like the reasoning for sure. I do like that he tends to be able to draw penalties. I think best line for him is playing on Bonino/sissons’ wing.

So is it just me, or will hartnell and fish be the two healthy scratches if hook it back??

JOFA
Fiala Turris Smith
Tolvanen Bonino Jarnkrok
Watson sissons hartman

Pretty insane bench of fisher, hartnell and salo.

Any word on hook? Can’t find anything online.
Cheers,
check jarnkrok thread. i just posted a semi-update earlier

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Poile said today jarnkrok is skating so that’s a great sign. Time will tell but I definitely agree eeli should sit at first. Maybe the kid is too burned out. He has played an insane amount of hockey this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad