GDT: Preds @ Jets • Tue Mar 8, 7PM [No tank talk in GDT please]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Before anyone plays with Thorburn, they should undergo special training so they know what to expect. I recommend making them play NHL 16 with two AI linemates on "Derp" skill setting.

C'mon, Thorburn is easy to play with; he plays a very predictable game:sarcasm:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Scheifele is tied for 1st in the league for points since Feb 18 (Little's injury). :amazed:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Perhaps I'm thinking more of last year as I haven't really watched much this season, admittedly.

Perhaps. I can remember two games this year very well. A blow out game where Buff "went over the top rope" in a scrum, and the Neal running Lowry, diving, blowing a 3 or 4 goal lead, and Wheeler ending it in OT game. Those two certainly had some entertainment in them.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1 and 1/3 NHL forward lines, 2 and 2/3 AHL forward lines, 4 NHL D men, 2 AHL D men and a KHL goalie!:handclap: How can we lose!:sarcasm:

Big thanks to Y for stepping up in the GDT department once again!
C'mon Sip, if you didn't have that you wouldn't be happy.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Putting beer in the fridge now.
I expect a high scoring game should be exciting to watch if you're a preds fan.

Did I mention there's beer in the fridge ?

I am happy some of the kids are getting a look even if it is because of injuries.

Got a couple new ones that I tried in the past week. Abita Purple Haze which I tried on tape and absolutely loved. And Kentucky Honey Barrel Brown Ale.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Thor is a great skater, he's big, strong, forchecks well.....if only he could relax a bit and make some plays.

Guy has no hands at all. If he had average hands he could probably score 8-10 goals a year. He knows where to go in the offensive zone when someone else has the puck. Just terrible finishing ability.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Putting beer in the fridge now.
I expect a high scoring game should be exciting to watch if you're a preds fan.

Did I mention there's beer in the fridge ?

I am happy some of the kids are getting a look even if it is because of injuries.

Just curious, but do you have beer in the fridge?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Thor is a great skater, he's big, strong, forchecks well.....if only he could relax a bit and make some plays.

He has good straight line speed, but he is very slow to get moving and not agile. That's why he really isn't very effective in either the defensive or offensive zones.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
Guy has no hands at all. If he had average hands he could probably score 8-10 goals a year. He knows where to go in the offensive zone when someone else has the puck. Just terrible finishing ability.

By far.... and I mean a country mile- the worst player in our lineup who has no finish is Burmistrov.
Thor- well... he just lacks talent- great hair though:yo:

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Pretty enjoyable interview on TSN radio with Daniel Berthiaume earlier today.

Talks about his first game with the Jets, Pokey and the Bandit, and taking shots with Hawerchuk in Hawerchuks backyard.

Don't know how to post a link, just search "Daniel Berthiaume TSN". Title is Berthiaume: NHL debut seem like yesterday,

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Have you tried any of the Innis and Gunns brands or Stanley Park winter ale ?

Great Game day beer

Not Stanley Park, but Innis and Gunn I have tried and I like it quite a bit. Monday Night Drafty Kilt is a dam good scotch ale brewed out of Atlanta, Georgia. Not sure if you would be able to find it but it's great on tap.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Not Stanley Park, but Innis and Gunn I have tried and I like it quite a bit. Monday Night Drafty Kilt is a dam good scotch ale brewed out of Atlanta, Georgia. Not sure if you would be able to find it but it's great on tap.

I'll try to find a pub that serves it next time I'm state side. It's only sold in the city of Toronto it looks like, Canada side.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

He's a strong, straight ahead skater, I wouldn't call him a "great " skater, his agility leaves a bit to be desired, don't you think?

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
If you had to use a beer to describe the Jets, what would you pick? :naughty:

This year?

2-litre-stone-cold.jpg

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
He's a strong, straight ahead skater, I wouldn't call him a "great " skater, his agility leaves a bit to be desired, don't you think?

Perhaps, but I know there are times I'm shocked at his skating...even the quickness/agility element. I think his issues are more to do with not being able to "slow down the game" in his head and the stone hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia