Post-Game Talk: Preds def. Canucks - 3-2 (Boeser, Hoglander)

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
It wasnt all 'but injuries'...compounded with the fact that there are 10 new players on the team...They still dont know which players fit with one another.

On the one hand we have people boosting Benning by saying, "look at this amazing team Benning built. He got us a #1 d-man in OEL and top 6'er in Garland. Plus a third line checking center in Dickinson and defensive depth with Poolman. Benning has had a GM of the Year award worthy off-season."

On the other hand, once people have actually seen the results, they say "but we're only still a bad team because the players haven't had time to gel yet. We're a great team, I swear. I know we're great because Benning built it. Everything's Green and Pettersson's fault."

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
On the one hand we have people boosting Benning by saying, "look at this amazing team Benning built. He got us a #1 d-man in OEL and top 6'er in Garland. Plus a third line checking center in Dickinson and defensive depth with Poolman. Benning has had a GM of the Year award worthy off-season."

On the other hand, once people have actually seen the results, they say "but we're only still a bad team because the players haven't had time to gel yet. We're a great team, I swear. I know we're great because Benning built it. Everything's Green and Pettersson's fault."
Nobody has said those things.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Remember when Boeser was a healthy scratch for Greens first game as coach??

But was anyone worried? Of course not. Green is a great development coach and just look at those results

That wasn't a red flag at all

Last edited:

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Not sure what point you are trying to make here. He was greatly twisting my words.

I don't think he was directly referencing or quoting you at all. There were a number of people on here insisting that Benning had a wonderful offseason and that this season was going to be the natural culmination of the team becoming a top 8 playoff contender. Wait, that last bit was you again.

And, sorry, it was pretty blatant what your intent was when you made your (now locked, because I guess we can't take people to task for asinine opinions) thread crowing about Benning and 'what if' he got GM of the year.

Like, you're seriously going to try and weasel out of that now? lol

Lest we forget:

But the Canucks were terrible last because of Covid (imo), so with Covid not in the way, and the pieces added this year, the Canucks could make a huge swing from the bottom to the top. This could make Benning look like some kind of genius with his recent acquisitions, and he could quite conceivably get the award.

It would poetic on an epic scale. The looks on peoples faces here would be priceless.

I hope it happens. lol.

Benning 'could' look like a genius
It's 'conceivable' that he could win GM of the year
You're actively hoping for it to happen

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Maybe one poster said that,... now your just veering into dumb exaggerations...

I liked the moves the GM made in the off season..He improved the team..especially on the re emergence of OEL..Based on the results relative to the roster...we should be better.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
I don't think he was directly referencing or quoting you at all. There were a number of people on here insisting that Benning had a wonderful offseason and that this season was going to be the natural culmination of the team becoming a top 8 playoff contender. Wait, that last bit was you again.

And, sorry, it was pretty blatant what your intent was when you made your (now locked, because I guess we can't take people to task for asinine opinions) thread crowing about Benning and 'what if' he got GM of the year.

Like, you're seriously going to try and weasel out of that now? lol

Lest we forget:

Benning 'could' look like a genius
It's 'conceivable' that he could win GM of the year
You're actively hoping for it to happen

It was purely speculation on a scenario that could play out if the Canucks have a strong rebound year. The stuff about the reaction to his winning such an award is based off of the personal attacks directed towards him. That's fair I think. If you want to endlessly ridicule someone personally, you should be able to take my thread in stride.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
If only there was a period before the season that could have been used to build chemistry instead of playing out some kind Nic Petan Is A Real Serious NHLer fantasy.
How many serious NHL players were on the roster at training camp..?..How do you build chemistry while missing 2 of your top 4 d-man...and 4 of your 12 forwards (these four consisting of two your best offensive players, and two your best defensive players)..

Not much you can do , except put placeholders in their place until you get your main players back in the lineup.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
But Chemistry
But injuries
But Linden

Any other ones lately, but covid still possible or is that just the blanket excuse for last years embarrassing season???

Reactions: Fatass

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
For the math challenged, the Canucks franchise is worth approx 750 million. The aqua family is worth $3.3 billion

23 percent of the family wealth stems from the Canucks

any decline in that franchise value will be felt

Money talks and empty seats will bring out the aqua sweat
They own the Arena as well right? And most profit from nhl teams is ticket sales i think. Doubt the rest of the family would be cool with a hockey team in hockey crazy canada bleeding money like its florida.

Reactions: mossey3535

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
They own the Arena as well right? And most profit from nhl teams is ticket sales i think. Doubt the rest of the family would be cool with a hockey team in hockey crazy canada bleeding money like its florida.

not to mention the embarrassment of fighting not to be the worst team in their division…especially worse than their expansion neighbors. Has to be some shame in that.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Alright. If by some chance Benning won GM of the year, what would you reaction be?

Considering all of the personal attacks, it would be poetic justice if he won the award. Absolutely nothing wrong with saying that.

…but, of course nobody has ever suggested that Benning could win GM of the year.

So somebody suggested Benning could win GM of the year

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Demko was peed off after this game, who could blame him? Night after night he's forced to stare down high-quality chances.....last night against the Preds it was five clear-cut breakaways.

In this era of suffocating neutral zone traps and in a 3-2 league, does anyone realize how bad you have to be to cough up five free and clear breakaways in a single game?

And when Jason King was outlining a play in the last seconds during a bench timeout, Miller seemed to almost completely disagree with him. Even Horvat is smashing sticks at the bench.

This team is mentally coming unraveled. And it starts and ends behind the bench. They need to hit the reset button on the coaches. Green, along with probably King and Baumgartner need to head out the door like they did today in Chicago.

I think this team is rapidly losing confidence in the coach and whatever baffling system he has them trying to play.

Reactions: Catamarca Livin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad