GDT: Preds @ Crapitals: Kidnap Korn edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Well on the bright side it looks like trotzy might finally win a cup

When was the last time the President's trophy winner has won the cup? You never know in the playoffs but the caps would have to have some injuries or Holtby go totally bad for them not to get to the finals in the east.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
So you think Colin Wilson is ever gonna score a goal again?

Based on the stats, probably once more this season?

It's not his fault though, he just:

-is fighting a nagging injury
-is a "playmaker" and doesn't have the right linemates
-is playing with grinders
-is playing really well, it just isn't showing on the scoresheet
-needs a coach that doesn't stifle his offense
(choose all traditional "Colin Wilson is underwhelming" excuses that apply)

In fairness, his shooting percentage this year is nearly half his career average, though doubling his goals to 10 is still pretty underwhelming.

Last edited:

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Gonna give Winnik a hat trick here if they aren't careful. Gotta pull Hutton after that one.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Gonna give Winnik a hat trick here if they aren't careful. Gotta pull Hutton after that one.

The whole point of playing Hutton is to rest Rinne. He isn't getting pulled unless he gets injured. I'm not going to blame him on the 1st 2 goals. Unreal passes by Kutznesov on both those goals.

XxSmashville18Xx

Nov 14, 2015
Smashville, TN
Played back to back against two damn good teams, playing against the best team in the nhl coming off two days of rest.. I mean come on. Wouldn't say the game is over but with us playing back to back, don't look to bright! But who knows we've pulled off some pretty crazy come backs. Let's go boys!!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Chalked this up as a game I didn't care if we lost before it even started. If they find a way to steal a point great. Otherwise get back home and beat la on Monday.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Well this week has been the week of the blowouts. I guess tonight is our night.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Was expecting this game to be a loss. Caps are just better then us and on a back to back we don't have the legs. That is why winning last night was so important.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I didn't really expect a win, but this is a joke. We looked like a last place team.

Really trotz? Last minute of the game, up 4-1, you're on a 5-on-3 and you put Oveckin out there? :rolleyes:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Apparently at the 9:02 mark of the 3rd, Ribeiro got himself a 10 min. misconduct.

I didnt hear it mentioned on tv or radio. I didn't even know until I was looking at the stat sheet wondering why we had 20 minutes of penalties.

I guess no one missed ribeiro.

CAPS LOCK

Aug 10, 2005
Ovechkin with the 4th line..... I think it was more of a reward to Ovie for playing a good 2 way game as it was to running up the score.

Winnek/ Richards/ Wilson
Ovechkin / Niskinen

in the last minute while the Caps were on the PP. I think if Trotz wanted to run up the score he could have put a much better line out there to close it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad