Proposal: Preds-Blues

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Instead of two high end prospects (at least for the Preds), I'd say pick one, and a 3rd.

How about Fabbro and a 3rd?
Tolvanen and Allard? There are several players in his way.. He’s probably worked himself into a B prospect, but probably fifth on the depth chart. Would you agree with that assessment?

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Would rather look for a solid power forward who can play wing on the second line than go for Schenn. He really doesn’t push us over the edge in the inevitable series against the jets. And definitely not for our 2 best prospects

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Schenn is a good player but rentals dont command an elite prospect and a good young player. Schenn is worth a late 1st and b prospect I think.

He's not a rental though. Even still, not sure why the Preds would do this. Aren't Fabbro and Tolvanen far and away their top 2 prospects? It would make them a better team the next couple of years but it would obliterate their prospect pool.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
He's not a rental though. Even still, not sure why the Preds would do this. Aren't Fabbro and Tolvanen far and away their top 2 prospects? It would make them a better team the next couple of years but it would obliterate their prospect pool.

We don't need another player like Schenn with Turris and Bonino essentially filling his role. At center we've already got Johansen, Turris, Scissons, Bonino, Jarnkrok and Gaudreau. We need some wingers who'll go to the net on the PP.
And if we're putting both Fabbro and Tolvanen on the table we may as well put our entire '19 and '20 draft picks on the table and swing for the fences on both Simmonds and Stone.

1st, 2nd, 3rd for Simmonds
Tolvanen, Fabbro, 1st for Stone

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Stone-Turris-Simmonds
Fiala-Bonino/Sissons-Smith
Watson-Sissons/Bonino-Hartman

Jarnkrok/Hartman/Fiala as extras based on match-ups.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
Schenn

For

Fabbro
Tolvanen

With Nashville’s depth in prospects and need for more scoring taking another cup run. I thought I would throw this deal out there. Thoughts?
Seeing as y'all got Schenn for dumping Lehtera's issues on Philly, he's house money and y'all know it.

I would say that the Pred's biggest need is to put a sniper that actually can find the back of the net consistently on a line with Turris. If your talking about us moving Fabbro AND Tolvanen in a deal then you have to want to consider moving Tarasenko for the top two players in our development system PLUS picks and/or Fiala. He'd be lethal combined with our current blue liners and centers along with being a solution to our power play woes. In return, y'all get some nice pieces and cap room to allow your GM to rebuild on the fly. Otherwise, we're playing the UFA rental market for a scoring winger and keeping the prospects.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
We don't need another player like Schenn with Turris and Bonino essentially filling his role. At center we've already got Johansen, Turris, Scissons, Bonino, Jarnkrok and Gaudreau. We need some wingers who'll go to the net on the PP.
And if we're putting both Fabbro and Tolvanen on the table we may as well put our entire '19 and '20 draft picks on the table and swing for the fences on both Simmonds and Stone.

1st, 2nd, 3rd for Simmonds
Tolvanen, Fabbro, 1st for Stone

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Stone-Turris-Simmonds
Fiala-Bonino/Sissons-Smith
Watson-Sissons/Bonino-Hartman

Jarnkrok/Hartman/Fiala as extras based on match-ups.
Schenn actually is a good power-play guy in front of the net. He’s adept at tipping the puck. It’s hard to put value on players without a offer to start. I’m not saying you trade both guys. Why start low and my asking? Which is why my second offer was less substantial. You have an influx of prospects, and places are a bit scarce for them to play. You are a legitimate cop contender. Schenn Gives you the flexibility of a center as well as a winger. He’s also good for 20+ goals. I’m just assessing value at this point. I appreciate your guys time, and I hope you have a good Stanley Cup run.

Reactions: SavageSteve

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
Schenn actually is a good power-play guy in front of the net. He’s adept at tipping the puck. It’s hard to put value on players without a offer to start. I’m not saying you trade both guys. Why start low and my asking? Which is why my second offer was less substantial. You have an influx of prospects, and places are a bit scarce for them to play. You are a legitimate cop contender. Schenn Gives you the flexibility of a center as well as a winger. He’s also good for 20+ goals. I’m just assessing value at this point. I appreciate your guys time, and I hope you have a good Stanley Cup run.
I totally get what you're doing and I'm just countering with what our needs honestly are and shooting for the moon too! After the Subban for Weber trade happened, you never know who might be available if you ask!! Plus I grew up as a Blues fan in West County (Chesterfield) when Ron Caron was GM and was always seeing players traded away by that guy till Hull was obtained from Calgary. In fact, I remember selling Perry Turnbull paint a few times at the Chesterfield Mall Sears store. He was pretty cool but very low key.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I totally get what you're doing and I'm just countering with what our needs honestly are and shooting for the moon too! After the Subban for Weber trade happened, you never know who might be available if you ask!! Plus I grew up as a Blues fan in West County (Chesterfield) when Ron Caron was GM and was always seeing players traded away by that guy till Hull was obtained from Calgary. In fact, I remember selling Perry Turnbull paint a few times at the Chesterfield Mall Sears store. He was pretty cool but very low key.
Let’s just hope there isn’t a Garth butcher that your GM sells the farm for thinking it may put him over the top

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Well, that's basically where we're at with it as well. Wouldn't mind Schenn's durability over Turris' but not worth and giving up our two best assets when we have the latter.
I don't know if Schenn would be better than Turris or not... assuming a little more physical/power game in exchange for giving up some speed/smarts... but we probably haven't had the best look at Turris yet on the Preds - he has generally underwhelmed us relative to what Sens fans said we should expect. So Schenn would be a different look. Guess where the main difference in value would be is the contracts. Schenn is 1 more year then UFA. That's not a bad thing for the Preds, really. Dunno if it bothers the Blues or not. Whereas Turris is locked up for 5 more years. Which is probably a good thing if he plays up to his reputation. But we haven't quite seen that yet, so it doesn't feel like such a good thing so far for the Preds. :dunno:

Anyway, I doubt the Preds themselves would trade Turris, since they went after him and locked him up and all. That's just me. But I doubt they'd trade for Schenn either. It's rental market time and a rental winger is really what makes most sense for the Preds to look at.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Seeing as y'all got Schenn for dumping Lehtera's issues on Philly, he's house money and y'all know it.

I would say that the Pred's biggest need is to put a sniper that actually can find the back of the net consistently on a line with Turris. If your talking about us moving Fabbro AND Tolvanen in a deal then you have to want to consider moving Tarasenko for the top two players in our development system PLUS picks and/or Fiala. He'd be lethal combined with our current blue liners and centers along with being a solution to our power play woes. In return, y'all get some nice pieces and cap room to allow your GM to rebuild on the fly. Otherwise, we're playing the UFA rental market for a scoring winger and keeping the prospects.
We gave up two firsts (27 and 14 in consecutive drafts) in addition to Lehtera. It's not like we got him for nothing. We actually paid a pretty heft price. Fabbro plus Tolvanen is an insane ask. Fabbro+ or Tolvanen+ would likely be the ask. But who knows if that would even get done. I don't think it's crazy to ask for one or the other, but certainly not both.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I'm certainly not on the train to trade Schenn but I think I would for this package. We desperately need a goalie and Fabbro has potential to be a bottom 4 guy.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
Let’s just hope there isn’t a Garth butcher that your GM sells the farm for thinking it may put him over the top
No kidding! I always think about that trade every deadline and wonder what could've been and would Caron have offer-sheeted Shanahan the next summer losing Scott Stevens. Throw in Brind'Amour for Ron Sutter to that too.

Also consider that Poile remembers the Blues pulling the offer-sheet for Stevens on him when he was GM of the Caps and always was mad he wasn't allowed to match it by the then owner in DC. I heard him talk about it to a fans group I attended after we claimed Marek Svatos on re-entry waivers from the KHL after the Blues signed him to a contract. He stated that he likes to stick it to the Blues when he can b/c of losing Stevens like he did and why we matched the Philly offer-sheet for Weber.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
No kidding! I always think about that trade every deadline and wonder what could've been and would Caron have offer-sheeted Shanahan the next summer losing Scott Stevens. Throw in Brind'Amour for Ron Sutter to that too.

Also consider that Poile remembers the Blues pulling the offer-sheet for Stevens on him when he was GM of the Caps and always was mad he wasn't allowed to match it by the then owner in DC. I heard him talk about it to a fans group I attended after we claimed Marek Svatos on re-entry waivers from the KHL after the Blues signed him to a contract. He stated that he likes to stick it to the Blues when he can b/c of losing Stevens like he did and why we matched the Philly offer-sheet for Weber.
I think we would’ve won the cup without a deal that year. He gutted us in that deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad