Proposal: Preds-Blues

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Schenn is a good player but rentals dont command an elite prospect and a good young player. Schenn is worth a late 1st and b prospect I think.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Not exactly smart to trade high end prospects within division.

Poile doesn’t even think about that. Could unleash a lot of backlash down the road. Or it could make him look like an absolute genius. Regardless the risk isn’t worth the reward. Not sure if the return is exactly either.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Schenn is a good player but rentals dont command an elite prospect and a good young player. Schenn is worth a late 1st and b prospect I think.

Unless there is a reason in which he needs to go, we could easily get that next year at the deadline if not more. Not really tempting whatsoever. May as well see if he and Schwartz can rekindle the magic next season and if not, ship him off then.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Not exactly smart to trade high end prospects within division.

Poile doesn’t even think about that. Could unleash a lot of backlash down the road. Or it could make him look like an absolute genius. Regardless the risk isn’t worth the reward. Not sure if the return is exactly either.
He should be focused on what he needs to win Cup. If he thinks Schenn moves the needle he shouldn’t care that he is dealing with divisional rival. He may think this is too high price but if value works for him he should make deal with any team that can help him.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
He should be focused on what he needs to win Cup. If he thinks Schenn moves the needle he shouldn’t care that he is dealing with divisional rival. He may think this is too high price but if value works for him he should make deal with any team that can help him.

Okay and if they fail to win in 2 years and tolvanen and Fabbro are both in the nhl and ones an impact player? Then what?

Surprisingly GMs like their jobs and their job security. A cup is not a guarantee for Nashville in the next two years. Schenn certainly doesn’t make it a gaurantee either with The team Tampa has assembled.

Risk/reward factor isn’t exactly there for Nashville when they could certainly look elsewhere if they are dead set in adding up front.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Okay and if they fail to win in 2 years and tolvanen and Fabbro are both in the nhl and ones an impact player? Then what?

Surprisingly GMs like their jobs and their job security. A cup is not a guarantee for Nashville in the next two years. Schenn certainly doesn’t make it a gaurantee either with The team Tampa has assembled.

Risk/reward factor isn’t exactly there for Nashville when they could certainly look elsewhere if they are dead set in adding up front.
Not saying this is good deal for Preds (it might be as I am not sold in Tolvanen and haven’t seen much of Fabbro). Just saying that they should evaluate in players out versus in and not on whether trade is with divisional rival.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Not saying this is good deal for Preds (it might be as I am not sold in Tolvanen and haven’t seen much of Fabbro). Just saying that they should evaluate in players out versus in and not on whether trade is with divisional rival.

I get that you may not be high on Tolvanen. That being said, others and scouts as well have been. I don’t think you risk trading a potential impact player in division for a 2 playoff run player who I’d imagine they wouldn’t be able to re-sign. Fabbro has also been touted as an nhl caliber prospect.

That could be extremely disastrous for Poile and his job especially if they don’t win as they’ve had a cup caliber team for st that point 3-4 years.

I’m not sure if they’d have the money to re-sign him anyways unless they don’t plan on adding or paying anyone else outside of Josis extension without shedding some salary.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I wouldn't oppose involving Tolvanen in a deal that brings us a player with term and/or willingness to extend (assuming that said player fits the team and system). Wouldn't oppose including Fiala either if the move was made offseason, but still rather see futures traded, not a young roster player.

Fabbro on the other hand. I foresee some changes in our defensive corps in near future, so I'd rather hold on to Fabbro.

Tolvanen for Schenn is an interesting start for negotiations. I don't know what needs to be added and if the organisation is interested, but as a fan, I like the idea.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
My thoughts are Nashville has arguably the best top 4 in the nhl. Strength on right D in prospects and upfront young forwards to deal from strength They may need more top six scoring if anything for a strong cup run. Blues aren’t ideal trade partners, but we really are spoilers...not contenders at this point. We don’t get the deal we want from Boston, etc....you don’t find your deal, but Tampa adds a significant piece. Schenn s a strong pickup for a run at it. Maybe a lesser piece up front, but potential top six. Worth a conversation for both parties. Good luck on your cup run!

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I get that you may not be high on Tolvanen. That being said, others and scouts as well have been. I don’t think you risk trading a potential impact player in division for a 2 playoff run player who I’d imagine they wouldn’t be able to re-sign. Fabbro has also been touted as an nhl caliber prospect.

That could be extremely disastrous for Poile and his job especially if they don’t win as they’ve had a cup caliber team for st that point 3-4 years.

I’m not sure if they’d have the money to re-sign him anyways unless they don’t plan on adding or paying anyone else outside of Josis extension without shedding some salary.
Wouldn’t it be disastrous for Poile to have an early exit at this point? His time is now before salaries catch up to him to disperse the team.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Unless there is a reason in which he needs to go, we could easily get that next year at the deadline if not more. Not really tempting whatsoever. May as well see if he and Schwartz can rekindle the magic next season and if not, ship him off then.
Those are two far better prospects then say Heinen, Lauzon and a late first. His value goes down as a rental next year.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
There's no way I'd consider this from the Preds side. I'd be looking at the rental market first, where I just give up picks and/or B prospects. The only way I move Tolvanen or Fabbro is in a deal for one of the "big star" rental players (Stone, Panarin, Duchesne) - and then only if I believe I have a line on signing them long-term. The deadline market should be flooded this year, so no need to give up our best prospects for lesser players. Preds have the cap space to sign a UFA in the summer. So pay a rental price for a rental player and sign a UFA. No need for a trade of this magnitude for just 1 year of Schenn.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The trade I'd be willing to make for Schenn would basically be Turris straight up. They have the same spot on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00