Preds best and worst trade?

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Klein, witt, gaustad, and giving up our first last year.

no one lecture me about gaustad re signing.. we over paid when we did and his role can be filled at near league minimum.

such a waste of cap space

two questions:

Did gaustad's signing prevent us from signing someone else due to the money we paid him, or the cap space he cost us?

Did the money come out of your pocket?

If the answers are No, and No, then who cares?

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
I like the Barb Murphy 7th Man ad. Worst trade? Didnt we trade someone to the Kings for a heroin addict?

Yep! Jere Karalahti for fan favorite Cliff Ronning. http://enquirer.com/editions/2002/09/10/spt_in_retrospect_signs.html

Trotz's comments from that interview showed his first instint on him:
When introducing Karalahti to his new teammates, Trotz — fully aware of the defenseman's background as a recovering substance abuser — couldn't help but notice the contrast between his clean-cut team and Karalahti, who sported a shaved head, a goatee that hung below his chin and an upper body covered with tattoos.

“This,†Trotz remembered thinking to himself, “might be like bringing a biker into a Baptist church.â€

RyanGetzlafsHairline*

such a waste of cap space

I'll never understand this sentiment when a team already has 10 million in unused cap space. There isn't a Stanley Cup of cap space, what does 12 million in cap do for a team that 10 million didn't?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'll never understand this sentiment when a team already has 10 million in unused cap space. There isn't a Stanley Cup of cap space, what does 12 million in cap do for a team that 10 million didn't?

I think it has more to do with the ability to trade him.

RyanGetzlafsHairline*

I think it has more to do with the ability to trade him.

I haven't seen any indication whatsoever that the Preds ever wanted to trade him, so that too isn't applicable. He was good up until this year, and I thought he was very good last year considering zone starts and competition. From all of his quotes, Lavy did too, so I highly doubt the Preds ever considered trading him. His contract expires this year, so I'm just not seeing the argument against his cap hit. Is he overpaid, sure; did that have any effect on the Preds ability to sign or acquire anyone, nope.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I did not know that. I thought pick 49 was from something else.
Yep Eddie the Eagle was a Pred for a day. The comp picks were after the first 15 in each round. There was 8 comp picks in the 2nd round that year. The Predators' other secound round picks was Buffalo's (35) and the Predators (37).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3