Pre-Game Talk: Preds at Leafs - Wednesday @ 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Its like a suicidal view of a sports team...
Constantly
- we're gonna lose!
- we'll lose in round 1
- player xxx sucks!
- we're an average team.
- we're gonna lose in round 1
- Boston and tampa are so much better!
- Babcock sucks.
- sell all the UFA's and rebuild!
- we're gonna lose in round 1.

Literally all I see from a certain poster.

Facts:
We're 7th in the league with a strong schedule ahead.
We'd be 1st in the metro, 2nd in the Pacific, and still have a shot at the Atlantic.
We're 18 months past hitting the bottom, and trending as a 100 point team that made the playoffs last season.
We've gotten at least a point against every single team we've played so far this season, except Tampa(who we've only played once)
We're a darn good team.

P.s. sorry if I come across as harsh, I'm just sick of the negativity around here.
it's cool. I'm all for healthy skepticism and criticism where it's due. We're not a perfect team by any means. However we have a lot going for us and there's literally no reason to be completely devoid of faith in our players + management + coaching, since we're among the top of the league in those respects

Reactions: my name is Bob

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Its like a suicidal view of a sports team...
Constantly
- we're gonna lose!
- we'll lose in round 1
- player xxx sucks!
- we're an average team.
- we're gonna lose in round 1
- Boston and tampa are so much better!
- Babcock sucks.
- sell all the UFA's and rebuild!
- we're gonna lose in round 1.

Literally all I see from a certain poster.

Facts:
We're 7th in the league with a strong schedule ahead.
We'd be 1st in the metro, 2nd in the Pacific, and still have a shot at the Atlantic.
We're 18 months past hitting the bottom, and trending as a 100 point team that made the playoffs last season.
We've gotten at least a point against every single team we've played so far this season, except Tampa(who we've only played once)
We're a darn good team.

P.s. sorry if I come across as harsh, I'm just sick of the negativity around here.

Slow. Clap.

Reactions: francis246

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You are way, way on the Boston bandwagon. They are good and should be respected, but they are playing their absolute very best hockey now, and although they have been playing that way for a while, it is unsustainable over the course of a whole season. They will come back down to earth as Rask starts to cool down, which eventually he will.

We actually match up quite well against them, and have played them well this season and last (minus the last game). Bergeron contained Matthews for 1 game, but I think would be very hard pressed to do so over a series. Matthews is too skilled and too much of a competitor to let that happen. In the playoffs anything can happen, and I definitely would not bet against our team. We are going to peak at the right time, and look out when that happens.
They're still a better team than us regardless of the streak. Deeper top 9, better defence and better goaltending.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
7th in the league with an easier schedule the rest of the way.

Not to mention we finally have semi decent lines figured out. We're a darn good team.
Have played more games than anybody else in the league. Would probably be 10/11 if all the other teams played the same number of games as us.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Yaya just like we FOR SURE were going to get swept by the Caps last year.

Definitely rather play the Boo-ruins than the Lightning, that's for damn sure.
Regardless of who we play we will still lose to them. Pick your poison. Don't let our record blind you.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Don't recall saying it was...
I said Boston has been great for 27 games and then u replied 'Columbus won 16 games did you think they were gonna win the cup?' 27 games is much more than 16. 27 games in indeed a 1/3 of the season where as 16 games is 1/5 of the season.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
wrong. Polak is a stud in his own zone, tire fire in offensive zone

I guess the line of thinking is...

Kappy + Dermott are upgrades on D and bring a surge of offense, ( which is much needed to prevent that chip and pass play for that horrible slump )

Polak adds nothing to offense, and is a wash on D. Just adds a little physical presence.
The issue is, good players get around him and beat him to the puck, and he draws penalties in front of his own net a bit too much to my liking.

We could use an upgrade to add even a notch to breaking out + Offense, because Polak just ices it, and smartly so, if he tried to be a Marner, he would lose it in front of Freddy.
Hes not as horrible as some make it out to be, but the whining for a team that wants to be better and better, yeah, they're warranted.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Edit: Nvm, not worth it.

Last edited:

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
I always liked the Preds. The colors of their team just resonate with me. Don't watch them near enough (I have Center Ice so no excuses).

Will be interesting to see them in action. Be more interesting to see them lose :).

Hoping for another strong game from Nylander. I think Nyls would look real nice in Pred yellow. Got him above Johansen.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
No we're worse. Defensively we aren't good and Andersen saves our ass a lot of the time

Still irrelevant. The Stanley Cup winner is usually not the "best team". Its about the playoff team that can win 4 playoff rounds of 7 games.

In 2013 our team was statistically trash... and yet we would have beaten Boston if not for the most epic collapse I have ever seen. Also people forget our no 1 C wasnt dressed in game 7

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Still irrelevant. The Stanley Cup winner is usually not the "best team". Its about the playoff team that can win 4 playoff rounds of 7 games.

In 2013 our team was statistically trash... and yet we would have beaten Boston if not for the most epic collapse I have ever seen. Also people forget our no 1 C wasnt dressed in game 7
Doesn't matter whether the best team wins the cup or not. The leafs won't win they cup this year. Hell The leafs won't win a playoff round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad