Proposal: Preds and kings (Saros for Byfield/Lafreniere)

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I would add Turcotte or other prospects if it got the deal done.

If LA moves Spence and Roy walks we will need a RHD next year. Still would be worth it for Saros but jsut saying
I do not believe any other team will make better offer: Kaliyev, Spence, and 1st for Saros.
I will not add Turcotte for sure to this trade offer.
Saros is great small goalie totally dependent on his reflexes and reaction.
It will go down with age.
In 3-4 years, he will not be very good goalie.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Just curious here if the kings would trade byfield and Lafreniere for Saros?
Rumour is the Preds want 2 firsts, top prospect and a fourth asset. I don’t think they get that but curious if this deal would work?
Preds can give a forward back in the deal if the kings desire. Maybe someone like Sherwood or gurianov. This is just if kings need some depth back.
Thoughts?
Who wins?
I don’t think the Kings would move Byfield for Saros straight up let alone adding another good young forward. I hope LA has no interest in Saros, he is a great goalie but with little term and will probably be looking for near 10 million per on his next contract. I never want to see LA pay a goalie that much.

Is there any goalie in the league you would trade Byfield 1v1 for? Just curious
For me that’s a very easy hell no. Goalies don’t hold that type of value.

Reactions: kinghock

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Let me finalize with the Preds board
There won't be any consensus. We have some serious hardliners that just don't want to trade him and will insist on the 2 1sts + top prospect, etc... type of trade, then you have a handful that just want us to tear it down and will take anything resembling positive value.

IMO for this particular deal depends on what the + is.

Reactions: Play

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
There won't be any consensus. We have some serious hardliners that just don't want to trade him and will insist on the 2 1sts + top prospect, etc... type of trade, then you have a handful that just want us to tear it down and will take anything resembling positive value.

IMO for this particular deal depends on what the + is.
Hi , BoJ, thanks for the reply.

The offer from this Kings fan was as follows

So yes, I could see them doing something asinine (for the Kings, again, with respect to Saros' value) like Kaliyev, Clarke/Spence, 1st 1st for Saros.
He said it would suck but he would do that trade

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
1. Shesty has been off due to whole R team going into severe Jan funk. He owns a piece of it, but no more.

2. If Shesty, a Vez winner does not get Shesty + for Byfield +, then no G can do it.

3. I disagree that elite G do not command high value, presuming your gm is not stupid about it. But that said, setting aside quibbling of who adds what and what some kind of grand bargain package would look like, there is a bottom line here. ....

Byfield is a foundation piece. If he does not leave as ufa after cost control, he could be a career King, a dozen + yrs.
He could thus help in a lesser way to an extremely long window.
or
What he brings now could help in a greater way to a shorter window.

Any deal depends on totality of circumstances, but unless it is a good fit, as you know my track record is go w/foundation piece for the long term.

By stays....... for now.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
1. Shesty has been off due to whole R team going into severe Jan funk. He owns a piece of it, but no more.

2. If Shesty, a Vez winner does not get Shesty + for Byfield +, then no G can do it.

3. I disagree that elite G do not command high value, presuming your gm is not stupid about it. But that said, setting aside quibbling of who adds what and what some kind of grand bargain package would look like, there is a bottom line here. ....

Byfield is a foundation piece. If he does not leave as ufa after cost control, he could be a career King, a dozen + yrs.
He could thus help in a lesser way to an extremely long window.
or
What he brings now could help in a greater way to a shorter window.

Any deal depends on totality of circumstances, but unless it is a good fit, as you know my track record is go w/foundation piece for the long term.

By stays....... for now.
Reads this than realize's Blake is LA's GM...he will be moved

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
If the kings offers Spence Kaliyev and Turcotte with any pick the preds would be dumb not to take that. Trotz has to see that this team isn’t competing for a cup and getting a package like that would tremendously help speed up a rebuild. These pred fans who are all gun ho about not trading saros are completely fine with just making the playoffs just to get ran out the areana in the 1st round. I get saros hasn’t played up to his standards this year but anyone that has watched saros through the years knows that he sometimes has some rough patches in a season but with our defense you can’t blame him solely. But I can guarantee that he will get hot and win games that the team as a whole shouldn’t win. He can win games by himself. But Nashville just doesn’t have the forward depth to compete right now. When you have sissons as your 2nd line center you don’t have the forward depth to compete no what our fans think. And with askarov as your top prospect it makes saros expendable

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
If the kings offers Spence Kaliyev and Turcotte with any pick the preds would be dumb not to take that. Trotz has to see that this team isn’t competing for a cup and getting a package like that would tremendously help speed up a rebuild. These pred fans who are all gun ho about not trading saros are completely fine with just making the playoffs just to get ran out the areana in the 1st round. I get saros hasn’t played up to his standards this year but anyone that has watched saros through the years knows that he sometimes has some rough patches in a season but with our defense you can’t blame him solely. But I can guarantee that he will get hot and win games that the team as a whole shouldn’t win. He can win games by himself. But Nashville just doesn’t have the forward depth to compete right now. When you have sissons as your 2nd line center you don’t have the forward depth to compete no what our fans think. And with askarov as your top prospect it makes saros expendable
1.5 seasons left on contract. Worst numbers of his career. There are many goaltenders playing better that won't cost anywhere near that price. Why would the King's pay that?

Edit: Both King's goalies have better numbers this year.

Reactions: go4hockey

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
1.5 seasons left on contract. Worst numbers of his career. There are many goaltenders playing better that won't cost anywhere near that price. Why would the King's pay that?
As I said in the post saros’s bad play is not solely on him. And since saros has been a starter in this league he has been close to the top of the Vezina voting. You’re looking at just this bad stretch and not the whole body of work. Last year when he finished 4th in the vezina voting he had a bad stretch like the one he’s having this year and still finished 4th. Even though this bad stretch may have lasted a tad longer you can tell this year if you watch that his defense is leaving him out to dry more this year. But as I said in my original post he will right the ship and get hot I can guarantee it because I’ve watched him do it for years. I’m sure a gm and scouts will see what I’m saying and see that saros hasn’t lost a step this year and is still a top goalie more than an average fan from another team who doesn’t watch him night in and out and only looks at his numbers from a rough patch. Trotz ask of 2 first rounders a top prospect and another piece is the top asking price which no one will give. He knows you know I know but a gm will meet him in the middle and it’s up to trotz to make the trade. Spence is expendable in my opinion with you having Clark kaliyev seems expendable I might be wrong. And turcotte. In my proposal I didnt even have a 1st in my ask

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
As I said in the post saros’s bad play is not solely on him. And since saros has been a starter in this league he has been close to the top of the Vezina voting. You’re looking at just this bad stretch and not the whole body of work. Last year when he finished 4th in the vezina voting he had a bad stretch like the one he’s having this year and still finished 4th. Even though this bad stretch may have lasted a tad longer you can tell this year if you watch that his defense is leaving him out to dry more this year. But as I said in my original post he will right the ship and get hot I can guarantee it because I’ve watched him do it for years. I’m sure a gm and scouts will see what I’m saying and see that saros hasn’t lost a step this year and is still a top goalie more than an average fan from another team who doesn’t watch him night in and out and only looks at his numbers from a rough patch. Trotz ask of 2 first rounders a top prospect and another piece is the top asking price which no one will give. He knows you know I know but a gm will meet him in the middle and it’s up to trotz to make the trade. Spence is expendable in my opinion with you having Clark kaliyev seems expendable I might be wrong. And turcotte. In my proposal I didnt even have a 1st in my ask
Nashville's defense isn't much different than the King's with leaving goalies out to dry. So it's unlikely Saros will see a jump in his play coming to the King's. Even if King's D is better on paper, the team has major breakdown fairly often.

Saros was good. Right now the question is does he continue to trend down or rebound. 29 in a couple of months, maybe he's just slowing down. "Sure he'll rebound" demands a much lower price.

Saros is at 40 games played. That's getting to a large sample size to claim it's a slump

Sure, scouts have a different take than fans. I saw Trevor "Stone Hands" Lewis sneak one by Saros the other night. This sent up some red flags. Checked the numbers, more red flags.

Kaliyev, Spence, Turcotte, not interested in moving those for a goalie that might rebound.

Reactions: funky

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Nashville's defense isn't much different than the King's with leaving goalies out to dry. So it's unlikely Saros will see a jump in his play coming to the King's. Even if King's D is better on paper, the team has major breakdown fairly often.

Saros was good. Right now the question is does he continue to trend down or rebound. 29 in a couple of months, maybe he's just slowing down. "Sure he'll rebound" demands a much lower price.

Saros is at 40 games played. That's getting to a large sample size to claim it's a slump

Sure, scouts have a different take than fans. I saw Trevor "Stone Hands" Lewis sneak one by Saros the other night. This sent up some red flags. Checked the numbers, more red flags.

Kaliyev, Spence, Turcotte, not interested in moving those for a goalie that might rebound.
I'm not entirely sure what is up with Saros this season, but he just doesn't seem to be comfortable in the net. I leave that up to the coaching change and a different style of hockey being played in front of him. Something is just slightly off.

The good news is it doesn't look like its a mobility/agility issue. He still seems to move fine but for whatever reason he's just not picking things up some nights.

I honestly wonder if he isn't maybe having a bit of the same issue Rinne had about 4-5 years before he retired. He got older, needed lens correction, and seemed like he was missing a ton of easy saves. I think we maybe had the all star break, he used it to get things adjusted, came back and looked like the old Rinne for the next several years.

That said LA does need to do something on the goalie side. Guys like Big Save Dave are only going to work in spurts, and when they don't they get ugly in a hurry. By the end of his time here they wouldn't even play him unless they just didn't have a choice.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I'm not entirely sure what is up with Saros this season, but he just doesn't seem to be comfortable in the net. I leave that up to the coaching change and a different style of hockey being played in front of him. Something is just slightly off.

The good news is it doesn't look like its a mobility/agility issue. He still seems to move fine but for whatever reason he's just not picking things up some nights.

I honestly wonder if he isn't maybe having a bit of the same issue Rinne had about 4-5 years before he retired. He got older, needed lens correction, and seemed like he was missing a ton of easy saves. I think we maybe had the all star break, he used it to get things adjusted, came back and looked like the old Rinne for the next several years.

That said LA does need to do something on the goalie side. Guys like Big Save Dave are only going to work in spurts, and when they don't they get ugly in a hurry. By the end of his time here they wouldn't even play him unless they just didn't have a choice.
Saros has played a ton of games so far. Don't know what's wrong. He could bounce back or this could be the new normal. There would be risk in acquiring him.

Big save Dave isn't going to continue this level of play forever. King's need a solution in net. Saros is having a down year. As he is playing today, Saros is not a solution.

King's could take a gamble that Saros bounces back after a trade. It's not going to be for a massive package for hoping he's a fix.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
If there were an acceptable trade between the Predators and the Kings, it would’ve happened before the Kings traded for Dubois. The Kings have moved on from this option. Saros is a great asset, but currently the Kings can’t afford him as Blake has the team testing the tensile strength of the upper limits of the salary cap and the Predators are demanding a prohibitive amount in return.

Reactions: kinghock

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4