Proposal: Preds and kings (Saros for Byfield/Lafreniere)

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Just curious here if the kings would trade byfield and Lafreniere for Saros?
Rumour is the Preds want 2 firsts, top prospect and a fourth asset. I don’t think they get that but curious if this deal would work?
Preds can give a forward back in the deal if the kings desire. Maybe someone like Sherwood or gurianov. This is just if kings need some depth back.
Thoughts?
Who wins?

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
1706903518928.gif

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Rumour is the Preds want 2 firsts, top prospect and a fourth asset. I don’t think they get that but curious if this deal would work?
Preds can give a forward back in the deal if the kings desire. Maybe someone like Sherwood or gurianov. This is just if kings need some depth back.
Thoughts?
Who wins?
Not a chance in hell are Kings trading a 21 year old 6'5 center that has just broken out in a big way this year for a goalie a year and a half away from UFA. #1 they dont have the cap space for Saros current contract even with retention. #2 Kopitar is aging out and their replacement in PLD has crapped the bed.

Preds asking price is ridiculous. I love Saros but the asking price tells me they are not in a hurry to move him. His numbers are not so hot this year on top of that.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Thoughts?
Who wins?
I wouldn’t trade Byfield for Saros straight up my guy..

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Thoughts?
Who wins?
You can have Laferriere, but Byfield alone has more value than Saros.
The short answer is absolutely not.

Reactions: Guitpik and YP44

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Is there any goalie in the league you would trade Byfield 1v1 for? Just curious

Simply, nope.

He's already our best all-around forward, at a price they can afford, and home developed. Taking byfield out for a goalie that presumably makes LA a contender takes out one of the biggest reasons they even are in that conversation. It makes LA worse immediately AND in the longest term. With respect to ANY goalie's relative value.

they want Spence if you’re not giving big By

I wouldn't like it one bit but I've already said elsewhere I'm convinced Blake is flushing anyone under 25 not named Quinton, especially those around the fringes of the roster, regardless of ability. And the reason they're keeping QB is because he's responsible for reanimating Kopitar's corpse, so basiclally he's the one earning Kopitar's contract while Kopitar is earning QBs.

Spence, Clarke, Kaliyev, Turcotte, Fagemo and even Thomas should all be in the NHL, but the Kings don't know what the f*** to do with them, so I expect them to be gone with the Kings next two first round picks to be successful on teams around the league as soon as this deadline, especially now that Blake is trying to save his job.

So yes, I could see them doing something asinine (for the Kings, again, with respect to Saros' value) like Kaliyev, Clarke/Spence, 1st 1st for Saros.

Reactions: Play

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
No LA fan but if someone like Shesterkin can go from best G to liability in 2 years, what is the point?
Easy for you to say, you already won a cup without an elite goalie. (Forgive me if I’m wrong, but you’re a Avs head right?)

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Simply, nope.

He's already our best all-around forward, at a price they can afford, and home developed. Taking byfield out for a goalie that presumably makes LA a contender takes out one of the biggest reasons they even are in that conversation. It makes LA worse immediately AND in the longest term. With respect to ANY goalie's relative value.

I wouldn't like it one bit but I've already said elsewhere I'm convinced Blake is flushing anyone under 25 not named Quinton, especially those around the fringes of the roster, regardless of ability. And the reason they're keeping QB is because he's responsible for reanimating Kopitar's corpse, so basiclally he's the one earning Kopitar's contract while Kopitar is earning QBs.

Spence, Clarke, Kaliyev, Turcotte, Fagemo and even Thomas should all be in the NHL, but the Kings don't know what the f*** to do with them, so I expect them to be gone with the Kings next two first round picks to be successful on teams around the league as soon as this deadline, especially now that Blake is trying to save his job.

So yes, I could see them doing something asinine (for the Kings, again, with respect to Saros' value) like Kaliyev, Clarke/Spence, 1st 1st for Saros.
Kaliyev, Spence, and 1st for Saros is the best Kings will offer in my opinion.
Nothing else will be added.

Reactions: YP44

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Easy for you to say, you already won a cup without an elite goalie. (Forgive me if I’m wrong, but you’re a Avs head right?)
Yes, my opinion may be skewed lol. But just looking at current seasons SV% statistic it is crazy how more than 2/3 of best goalies are just random names.

Reactions: Play

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Kaliyev, Spence, and 1st for Saros is the best Kings will offer in my opinion.
Nothing else will be added.
I would add Turcotte or other prospects if it got the deal done.

If LA moves Spence and Roy walks we will need a RHD next year. Still would be worth it for Saros but jsut saying

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
This thread embodies the argument some Nashville fans had on our own board last off season. There was a thought to move one of the goalies at that time, but the only return acceptable was for an established high end prospect who was a sure thing....well that isn't an option. Some wanted to take a stab at Byfield last off season, but he was a question mark and now that he isn't he's out of our league. If Nashville moves Saros it'll need to be for a guy that is a gamble on his chances of being a sure fire thing. That's just the only way a young center option gets moved. I don't know who that leaves as an option but I think the Byfield ship has sailed.

Reactions: kinghock

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I would add Turcotte or other prospects if it got the deal done.

If LA moves Spence and Roy walks we will need a RHD next year. Still would be worth it for Saros but jsut saying
It would be worth it for the old Saros. Not the one from this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00