Preds acquire F Brandon Bollig and G Troy Grosenick from SJS for a 6th round pick

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Well, at least Grosenick gets to play at home. I'd rather have the 6th though. Not sure why the Admirals need more scrubs that can't play.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Seem's like we basically gave a 6th round pick to the Sharks for a few back up AHLers.

Odd.

Oh well. It is only a 6th round pick.

However, we just traded Aberg for a fourth round pick ...

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I highly doubt this will have any repercussions on the NHL roster at all. Lindback would be a replacement goalie, if needed, and Gaudreau/Pettersson/Zolniercyzk and more I'm probably not thinking of would be called up before Bollig.

Reactions: Enoch

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
not a fan of giving up any picks with some of our late round hits but 99% chance this has zero effect on either organization at the NHL at any point.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I hadn't realize Grosenick had actually grown up watching and idolizing the Ads. At least that part of it is pretty cool.

Ginooooooo, Mark "the fighting goalie" LaForest and King Tut. I remember them also. I used to talk to Gino a little in the mid 1990s.

Grosenick is from Brookfield, which is about 10 miles west of Downtown Milwaukee.

Reactions: GoldOnGold

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't object to the idea of making some moves to help the Ads... and the Grosenick connection to Milwaukee is a nice sentiment. But if I was giving up a draft pick on a minor league deal, I'd maybe have liked to find something that would actually help the Ads more? Oh well, no biggie either way.

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
I don't understand why anyone wants to "help" the Admirals. You help the Preds, unless it's a benefit to the Preds, the only thing for the Admirals is to develop players for the Preds.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'd say we definitely want a competitive farm team, fostering a winning culture throughout the organization.

Not to mention continued good will between the two teams, making it easier to keep a great relationship going for many years in the future.

Now that doesn't mean that you ever let a good player stay in Milwaukee when he could be up helping the Preds, but small moves like this are good. Grosenick should be a nice addition.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I don't understand why anyone wants to "help" the Admirals. You help the Preds, unless it's a benefit to the Preds, the only thing for the Admirals is to develop players for the Preds.

Milwaukee has been playing with one goalie for 50+ games. Milwaukee has a lack of experience on the D line. Milwaukee is a little scoring challenged. They could use a little help at every position. The team started the season 5-0 and is now at .500 and headed downward. The good news is that 7th place is so far back that the Admirals will finish no worse than the current 6th place in the division.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Milwaukee has been playing with one goalie for 50+ games. Milwaukee has a lack of experience on the D line. Milwaukee is a little scoring challenged. They could use a little help at every position. The team started the season 5-0 and is now at .500 and headed downward. The good news is that 7th place is so far back that the Admirals will finish no worse than the current 6th place in the division.

Yeah, and Milwaukee is also where most of our prospects will play and where we'll call guys up from. Preds want the Ads to be good.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
In another thread, someone posted that Trenin was held out. He could be injured again or ...

Old Admirals:
Trenin is a healthy scratch according to the Admirals Roundtable.

Pettersson scored 2 goals tonight.

New Admirals:
Bollig threw a bunch of checks tonight. He is a PC Labrie that can skate!

McNeill looks like he added some speed to the team.

Ramage looks like a good pick up.

The jury is still out on Gaudet.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Grosenick NHL potential

He will turn 31 this summer but the former Union College goaiie continues to put up stellar numbers in the AHL. Is he someone a la Tim Thomas who deserves to get a shot in the NHL or is his career trajectory that of an AHL all-star, mid-season injury call up?

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Grosenick NHL potential

He will turn 31 this summer but the former Union College goaiie continues to put up stellar numbers in the AHL. Is he someone a la Tim Thomas who deserves to get a shot in the NHL or is his career trajectory that of an AHL all-star, mid-season injury call up?

Hard to say really until he actually gets a shot. I haven't ever watched him play, so I can't speak to his mechanics/fundamentals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad