Predictions Thread

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
As most AV's team the Rangers will have another slow start to the season resulting in another round of silly threads asking for tanking, trading everyone over 21 ("play kids") and rebuilt. :help:
Otherwise I think the next stage in Miller and Fast's continuing development will surprise a lot of people. I'm also hoping that McD will return to his form from 2 seasons ago (and then some).

Overall the team will make another run at the President's trophy and be among true SC contenders.

BarbaraAlphanse

Rick Nash will score between 65-75 points.

Brassard will take a minor step back.

Zucc will take a minor step forward.

Kreider will add about 6-7 points.

Stepan will improve and get between 65-70 points.

Hayes will repeat 45 points at the very least.

Miller will score 40 points at the very least.

Yandle will have a monster year. Earning a big contract, from the Rangers.

Brady Skjei will tear it up in Hartford, allowing the Rangers to trade Marc Staal for a top 6 winger.

The Rangers will currently be in 2nd or 3rd in the Metro when this trade occurs.

The trade will be for a prototypical Gorton forward - meaning big, gritty, and nearly impossible to stop in front of the net.

Pavel Buchnevich will come to the NHL after Severstal is eliminated. He will likely not play a game in the NHL this year unless the Rangers do not trade Marc Staal for a top 6 forward.

Oscar Lindberg will be trusted like Jesper Fast was, this year.

Dylan Mcilrath will split 6th defenseman minutes with Raffy Diaz. Kevin Klein will be traded.

Rangers finish 2nd in the division and play the 3rd place Islanders in the first round.

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
I'm scared to even post here because so many guys seems like they are poised to make huge strides, and my brain keeps telling me I'm overly optimistic.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
1. Nash mirrors or improves from last year. AV is raving about his conditioning.
2. Kreider breaks the 30 goal barrier.
3. Yandle scores 55+ points, and the Rangers keep him.
4. McDonagh returns to dominant form.
5. Miller and Fast will continue to improve.
6. Etem scores 25-30 points.

RANGERS WIN THE STANLEY CUP OVER THE DUCKS!

Last edited:

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Stat Projections?

Assuming no more moves are made and Glass and Megna are waived, what can we expect stats-wise from all 23 guys?

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
yandle will be the first dman since leetch to score 100 points. kreider will lead the league in goals, game misconducts, and goalie attacks on the way to winning the hart, rocket, and lindsay awards.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
yandle will be the first dman since leetch to score 100 points. kreider will lead the league in goals, game misconducts, and goalie attacks on the way to winning the hart, rocket, and lindsay awards.

Seems like a solid prediction imo

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
LW | C | RW
Chris Kreider (26G-27A-53P) | Derek Stepan (22G-43A-65P) | Rick Nash (34G-40A-74P)
J.T. Miller (15G-26A-41P) | Derick Brassard (21G-40A-61P) | Mats Zuccarello (19G-45A-66P)
Oscar Lindberg (9G-21A-30P) | Kevin Hayes (19G-34A-53P) | Viktor Stalberg (12G-22A-34P)
Dominic Moore (5G-14A-19P) | Jarret Stoll (7G-13A-20P) | Jesper Fast (8G-8A-16P)
Emerson Etem (7G-17A-24P)

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (6G-29A-35P)| Dan Girardi (2G-16A-18P)
Keith Yandle (7G-49A-56P) | Dylan McIlrath (2G-12A-14P)
Marc Staal (4G-19A-23P) | Dan Boyle (3G-16A-19P)
Kevin Klein (3G-6A-9P) | Raphael Diaz (1G-2A-3P)

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS

Lundqvist will be the first goalie since ever to have a .960%+ save percentage in 75 games. :nod:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm still hoping this is the year that a Sather-drafted Ranger finally breaks 60 points.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
LW | C | RW
Chris Kreider (26G-27A-53P) | Derek Stepan (22G-43A-65P) | Rick Nash (34G-40A-74P)
J.T. Miller (15G-26A-41P) | Derick Brassard (21G-40A-61P) | Mats Zuccarello (19G-45A-66P)
Oscar Lindberg (9G-21A-30P) | Kevin Hayes (19G-34A-53P) | Viktor Stalberg (12G-22A-34P)
Dominic Moore (5G-14A-19P) | Jarret Stoll (7G-13A-20P) | Jesper Fast (8G-8A-16P)
Emerson Etem (7G-17A-24P)

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (6G-29A-35P)| Dan Girardi (2G-16A-18P)
Keith Yandle (7G-49A-56P) | Dylan McIlrath (2G-12A-14P)
Marc Staal (4G-19A-23P) | Dan Boyle (3G-16A-19P)
Kevin Klein (3G-6A-9P) | Raphael Diaz (1G-2A-3P)

11 players with 30+ points here... 2 more than last year.

8 players with 40+ points here...1 more than last year.

7 players with 50+ points here...3 more than last year.

4 players with 60+ points here...2 more than last year.

1 player with 70+ points here...1 more than last year.

if these numbers hold true, rangers will run away with the presidents trophy.

Arcillius

Jul 1, 2006
If these numbers hold true then someone is getting fired as the assists to goals ratio is over 2:1.

11 players with 30+ points here... 2 more than last year.

8 players with 40+ points here...1 more than last year.

7 players with 50+ points here...3 more than last year.

4 players with 60+ points here...2 more than last year.

1 player with 70+ points here...1 more than last year.

if these numbers hold true, rangers will run away with the presidents trophy.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
Highly doubt Step, Brass, Nash, and Zucc ALL score over 60 points. I could see Brass being in the 50s and Nash being in the 60s easily.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Miller and Fast will both be much better players this year, quite honestly if I were on the other end of a trade and could select only one I'm not sure which one I'd want. Miller will still make that blind pass, Fast will still lean defensively so his numbers will never quite be high enough to be called a top 6 by those who rank players as such.

Kreider will be a much more confident player, maybe even a true power forward. Other teams and fans will hate him even more and that is a good thing.

Stepan will set Kreider up for a bunch of goals or at least chances, probably both and he'll still be a top notch defensive player yet still will be lacking in the physicality department.

Stoll will not do much offensively at all but will win some face-offs and pk. Much like Glass the organization likes him so he ends up playing more than he should.

Stralberg will not put up many points but he'll be more physical than many give him credit for. He'll put the puck at the net though.

Lindberg will have his ups and downs over the season, probably starts up, also have his invisible games as the season goes on. Yet much like Fast he still can fall back on being in the right place at the right time defensively even if he ends up playing some wing.

Hayes will be okay at wing, but eventually find his way back to center when Lindberg has a string of invisible games. Yet his production ends up being less than it was last year.

Brassard and Zucc will put in very good seasons maybe even career highs for both.

Nash will put up less goals than last year, but will still be mid/high 30s and most of them will be 5 on 5.

Moore will eventually find his way to center and he and the team will be better off for it, but they'll try to trade him anyway because they like Stoll.

Etem will be the scratch and sometime for Glass and everyone will wonder why he did not develop and the debate will be, was that because of his play or because he never got a chance.

Glass will once again be one of the least productive per minute players league wide regardless if on this team, another team or in the AHL, but he is a nice guy.

McDonagh finally over whatever was ailing him last year goes back to #1D quality and puts in his best season

Girardi helps him because McD knows he has someone behind him so he can take more rushing and passing chances. The debate will not end this year.

Staal will still have a world class stick to go along with some physical play but his timing is just off and he ends up disappointing.

Boyle ends up getting less and less minutes and pretty much becomes a PP player that really can only transport the puck up ice but his shot has fallen off.

Yandle puts up very good numbers, everyone wants to see him re-signed except those who do not like his defensive shortcomings but even most of them accept that because of his production. No one likes his contract requests.

Klein up and down season, less productive yet when healthy and on his game he looks good, when not he looks bad.

McIlrath has a rookie season, ups and downs, but by season's end he proves to be good enough to be a bottom pair regular.

Unless injuries happen Diaz ends up leaving probably right before the Rangers would need him, or just staying in the AHL for the pay check.

Lundqvist will be his usually greatness overall but will let in a soft one once in awhile and people will think that it's abnormal for a goalie to let in a soft one once in a while.

The loss of Hagelin will hurt. He was a much better player than most give him credit for. The team in general is a worse PK team and they lose some of their speed identity.

The PP is still up and down partly because Arniel is just not a very good PP coach in my opinion but he is also limited because not one player on the team has a good point shot or one timer sans Klein and Stoll, and Klein will not get any PP time. Teams will see the Rangers try to pass the puck into the net and counter it.

Off the rush will still be how that PP generates for the most part, and mostly 5 on 5 too, but they will at least have a little more board cycle talent this year to help among the bottom 6 if Stralberg and Etem can play that game and get the chance to.

Injury will happen but that is no fun to think about.

Rangers end up 3rd or 4th in the conference and make the 2nd round of the playoffs, depending on injury and who they face, they could extend that run. If everything goes right they may even get to the finals.

If they end up not winning a round or only winning one many more questions arise about AV. If he is only a good enough coach to get them to the playoffs but not win it all, but it's not his coaching, it's his player evaluation, loyalty to them and his choices in that department that in my opinion would hold the team back, which is not too different than the others in management in my opinion. They make more right choices than wrong ones but the stuff that does not seem overly important to them is actually important when it comes to beating a team in the playoffs who has just as much, if not more talent.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Kreider will score more but the story will be his physical game. His season will make us all want him here forever & be given a letter on his jersey next season.

We will see a Yandle & McDonagh top pairing at some point this season.

McIlrath will be viewed as a borderline 2nd pairing D at the end of the year & will be a key playoff performer.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
He will ask everyone he interviews about Thanksgiving.

By the way, did Zucc eventually start a Thanksgiving? :naughty:

images

Last edited:

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Miller and Fast will both be much better players this year, quite honestly if I were on the other end of a trade and could select only one I'm not sure which one I'd want. Miller will still make that blind pass, Fast will still lean defensively so his numbers will never quite be high enough to be called a top 6 by those who rank players as such.

Kreider will be a much more confident player, maybe even a true power forward. Other teams and fans will hate him even more and that is a good thing.

Stepan will set Kreider up for a bunch of goals or at least chances, probably both and he'll still be a top notch defensive player yet still will be lacking in the physicality department.

Stoll will not do much offensively at all but will win some face-offs and pk. Much like Glass the organization likes him so he ends up playing more than he should.

Stralberg will not put up many points but he'll be more physical than many give him credit for. He'll put the puck at the net though.

Lindberg will have his ups and downs over the season, probably starts up, also have his invisible games as the season goes on. Yet much like Fast he still can fall back on being in the right place at the right time defensively even if he ends up playing some wing.

Hayes will be okay at wing, but eventually find his way back to center when Lindberg has a string of invisible games. Yet his production ends up being less than it was last year.

Brassard and Zucc will put in very good seasons maybe even career highs for both.

Nash will put up less goals than last year, but will still be mid/high 30s and most of them will be 5 on 5.

Moore will eventually find his way to center and he and the team will be better off for it, but they'll try to trade him anyway because they like Stoll.

Etem will be the scratch and sometime for Glass and everyone will wonder why he did not develop and the debate will be, was that because of his play or because he never got a chance.

Glass will once again be one of the least productive per minute players league wide regardless if on this team, another team or in the AHL, but he is a nice guy.

McDonagh finally over whatever was ailing him last year goes back to #1D quality and puts in his best season

Girardi helps him because McD knows he has someone behind him so he can take more rushing and passing chances. The debate will not end this year.

Staal will still have a world class stick to go along with some physical play but his timing is just off and he ends up disappointing.

Boyle ends up getting less and less minutes and pretty much becomes a PP player that really can only transport the puck up ice but his shot has fallen off.

Yandle puts up very good numbers, everyone wants to see him re-signed except those who do not like his defensive shortcomings but even most of them accept that because of his production. No one likes his contract requests.

Klein up and down season, less productive yet when healthy and on his game he looks good, when not he looks bad.

McIlrath has a rookie season, ups and downs, but by season's end he proves to be good enough to be a bottom pair regular.

Unless injuries happen Diaz ends up leaving probably right before the Rangers would need him, or just staying in the AHL for the pay check.

Lundqvist will be his usually greatness overall but will let in a soft one once in awhile and people will think that it's abnormal for a goalie to let in a soft one once in a while.

The loss of Hagelin will hurt. He was a much better player than most give him credit for. The team in general is a worse PK team and they lose some of their speed identity.

The PP is still up and down partly because Arniel is just not a very good PP coach in my opinion but he is also limited because not one player on the team has a good point shot or one timer sans Klein and Stoll, and Klein will not get any PP time. Teams will see the Rangers try to pass the puck into the net and counter it.

Off the rush will still be how that PP generates for the most part, and mostly 5 on 5 too, but they will at least have a little more board cycle talent this year to help among the bottom 6 if Stralberg and Etem can play that game and get the chance to.

Injury will happen but that is no fun to think about.

Rangers end up 3rd or 4th in the conference and make the 2nd round of the playoffs, depending on injury and who they face, they could extend that run. If everything goes right they may even get to the finals.

If they end up not winning a round or only winning one many more questions arise about AV. If he is only a good enough coach to get them to the playoffs but not win it all, but it's not his coaching, it's his player evaluation, loyalty to them and his choices in that department that in my opinion would hold the team back, which is not too different than the others in management in my opinion. They make more right choices than wrong ones but the stuff that does not seem overly important to them is actually important when it comes to beating a team in the playoffs who has just as much, if not more talent.

Wow. this felt so accurate I heard a slow clap start in my head as I finished reading it. :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad