Speculation: Predictions, predictions, predictions...

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
- After Grubi walks in FA Sakic pulls off his yearly fleece by buying low on Gibson.

- The biggest FA splash will be in the form of following in Tampa's footsteps by signing both Coleman and Goodrow.

- Seattle takes Donskoi, leaving everyone pissed that the Avs are still stuck with Graves.

- Sakic re-signs Nemeth at the request of Jared Bednar as Avs board implodes upon itself.

BUT THEN:

- Sakic fumbles his handling of Landy, so he takes his services elsewhere by way of an 8x8. As a result, the Avs gain their new captain after Sidney Crosby quietly requests a trade. The Avs trade a huge futures package, including one of Burkie's favorites in Nazem Kadri as the topper. Sid and Nate wear matching outfits all season long as they go on to win b2b2b2b Cups.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'd love this move. If you can get him at $6m, you can stand his contract... and the guy can bring it in the playoffs. People would bitch and moan during the season where he limps along to 50ish points with 15g... but when the postseason came around he'd win over the whole fanbase.
Wasn't that said about Kadri too?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Wasn't that said about Kadri too?
What was said about Kadri was that people get fooled into thinking that he's a physical player. He isn't physical at all until he throws a suspendable hit.

They were right!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Kadri is like Makar in that they’re both “opportunistic” hitters. They don’t use their body’s to separate the player from the puck. They use their bodies when they notice a head down and take advantage of an opportunity to light someone up.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Makar is more physical than Kadri.

In Kadri’s first year with the Avs he threw some big hits, but you didn’t see it much this year. Makar is at least good for one big crunch a game.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Makar is more physical than Kadri.

In Kadri’s first year with the Avs he threw some big hits, but you didn’t see it much this year. Makar is at least good for one big crunch a game.
Outside of the fight to defend concussed Donskoi I don't remember him being physical in his 1st season either. Unless we count talking shit as physical.

Makar throws a handful of legit big hits per season, Kadri doesn't do that.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ok, wild predictions

- Eichel to LA, Turcotte + #8 Pick in the draft as the main pieces in the deal.

- Reinhart to Minnesota. Kevin Fiala the main piece going to Buffalo

- Tarasenko t0 Edmonton. James Neal is part of the trade.

- Kuznetsov to the Rangers. Jacob Trouba the center piece of the deal.

- Danault and Hamilton both sign in Seattle.

- Colorado gets Jones. Byram and Newhook aren't involved, Justin Barron and a 2022 1st are the main pieces.

- Lehner is traded to Pittsburgh. Jarry part of the return to Vegas.

- Monahan is traded to Vegas.

- Nashville trades a draft pick for Seattle to select Matt Duchene.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ok, wild predictions

- Eichel to LA, Turcotte + #8 Pick in the draft as the main pieces in the deal.

- Reinhart to Minnesota. Kevin Fiala the main piece going to Buffalo

- Tarasenko t0 Edmonton. James Neal is part of the trade.

- Kuznetsov to the Rangers. Jacob Trouba the center piece of the deal.

- Danault and Hamilton both sign in Seattle.

- Colorado gets Jones. Byram and Newhook aren't involved, Justin Barron and a 2022 1st are the main pieces.

- Lehner is traded to Pittsburgh. Jarry part of the return to Vegas.

- Monahan is traded to Vegas.

- Nashville trades a draft pick for Seattle to select Matt Duchene.
That'd better be one hell of a pick Nashville is sending over. I'd take Ryan Johansen before Matty D and Johansen pisses me off to no end, and he doesn't even play for the Avs.

I think the Preds would be on cloud nine if Seattle could be paid into taking Duchene from them.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
My only prediction is that Jones and Girard are swapped, with a couple other pieces involved going either way

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
I had a dream that the Kraken took an unprotected Landeskog in the expansion draft to try to convince him to sign there with their exclusive week. I was pissed off when I woke up not because I thought they would sign Landeskog (who would just return to the Avs) but because there was no cap relief.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
My only prediction is that Gru waits till UFA opens, but still signs with the Avs for way more money than anyone here is comfortable paying him. He'd be crazy to not see what the open market would be willing to pay for him during what will probably be his only season coming off a Vezina nomination.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Reactions: dahrougem2

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That's a $3M home? It looks like a townhome packed like a sardine between other townhomes. Does it extend for like 50 yards back?

Or is this just another case of Cole overvaluing himself?
That’s just how f***ed the Denver housing market is. It’s tough to find a townhome under 2-300k.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That’s just how f***ed the Denver housing market is. It’s tough to find a townhome under 2-300k.

I also see that Cole is trying to sell it for $1.1M more than he bought it for three years ago. So I'm leaning towards my latter comment now. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00