Speculation: Predictions, predictions, predictions...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I also see that Cole is trying to sell it for $1.1M more than he bought it for three years ago. So I'm leaning towards my latter comment now. :laugh:
Also has to do with the housing market in Denver. The median house price has gone up about $150k since he bought his house and being in one of the nicer parts of Denver that increase is probably much larger.

Reactions: Foppa2118

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
That's a $3M home? It looks like a townhome packed like a sardine between other townhomes. Does it extend for like 50 yards back?

Or is this just another case of Cole overvaluing himself?
It also calls the home a mansion and to be frank, I never have seen a mansion on such a small parcel. Now in other news that I stated long ago on another board or more. The Kraken arena will not be finished in time for the pre season. 3 pre season games will be going to other area junior rinks and maybe the Tacoma Dome. I also think it will be hard for the team to be 100% ready for October 12th.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Ok, wild predictions

- Eichel to LA, Turcotte + #8 Pick in the draft as the main pieces in the deal.

- Reinhart to Minnesota. Kevin Fiala the main piece going to Buffalo

- Tarasenko t0 Edmonton. James Neal is part of the trade.

- Kuznetsov to the Rangers. Jacob Trouba the center piece of the deal.

- Danault and Hamilton both sign in Seattle.

- Colorado gets Jones. Byram and Newhook aren't involved, Justin Barron and a 2022 1st are the main pieces.

- Lehner is traded to Pittsburgh. Jarry part of the return to Vegas.

- Monahan is traded to Vegas.

- Nashville trades a draft pick for Seattle to select Matt Duchene.
I actually wouldn’t call these wild. I think they’re all well thought out, make sense snd could see some happening.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
My only prediction is that Gru waits till UFA opens, but still signs with the Avs for way more money than anyone here is comfortable paying him. He'd be crazy to not see what the open market would be willing to pay for him during what will probably be his only season coming off a Vezina nomination.
If Grubauer wants to return to Denver he's playing with fire by waiting to UFA. Sakic may just find an alternative in the meantime and make Grubauer have to sign elsewhere.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I have a feeling Sakic’s offer to Grubauer is in the 4’s and I ain’t even mad lol. You just know he’s lowballing all the guys right now and using the “buy into everyone taking a discount” quote from Mackinnon to try to guilt them into signing for cheap.

Reactions: dahrougem2

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I have a feeling Sakic’s offer to Grubauer is in the 4’s and I ain’t even mad lol. You just know he’s lowballing all the guys right now and using the “buy into everyone taking a discount” quote from Mackinnon to try to guilt them into signing for cheap.

I'd hope that isn't the case... that would be a good way to push a number of guys out.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Joe wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't "low balling" and trying to squeeze as much cap space out of his signings as he possibly can. And the players and their agents wouldn't be doing their's if they weren't trying to get as much $ and term out of Joe as they can.

Ideally, they meet in the middle, and it's a win, win for both sides

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'd hope that isn't the case... that would be a good way to push a number of guys out.
Meh. I tend to trust Sakic

My gut has me thinking Sakic has offers out for Landeskog and Grubauer but both have a different number they’re asking. When those two get offers from other teams they’ll likely come back and say here’s what I can get on the open market. Give me my ask or I’m gone. I refuse to believe the captain of the team or a goalie who claims he 100% wants to stay in Denver get offers elsewhere snd don’t give Sakic one last opportunity to make it right. If they don’t you just know they aren’t the type of “people” Sakic wants around anyway.

I’m a bit of a broken record but I continuously preach Sakic is better at this than the people on this board claim to be when they try to explain how he should do his job.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I'm saying low balling guys is a very good way to push them out. Not all players are on the discount train and you can't expect them all to fall in line. That's exactly how the Avs lost ROR. Now I don't think Sakic is doing that, he's shown to be a fair negotiator.

It would really sting hard to see Landy walk and sign with somebody like St Louis for 6m per and it comes out the Avs were offering only 5.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm saying low balling guys is a very good way to push them out. Not all players are on the discount train and you can't expect them all to fall in line. That's exactly how the Avs lost ROR. Now I don't think Sakic is doing that, he's shown to be a fair negotiator.

It would really sting hard to see Landy walk and sign with somebody like St Louis for 6m per and it comes out the Avs were offering only 5.
You’re damn right it would. But let’s wait and see if that actually happens before we go down that road. Lebrun wrote early in the year that both sides feel comfortable where they were at contract discussion wise heading into the season. I doubt all of a sudden Sakic starts sending offensive offers to the point that something like this happens.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

My gut has me thinking Sakic has offers out for Landeskog and Grubauer but both have a different number they’re asking. When those two get offers from other teams they’ll likely come back and say here’s what I can get on the open market. Give me my ask or I’m gone.

That’s a very dangerous game for Joe to play. Because what will stop Gabe or Gru from raising their ask once they find out what other teams will pay them?

I’m fine with Joe trying to get them in under a market value, but going too far to that extreme is a good way to walk them right to another team

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

My gut has me thinking Sakic has offers out for Landeskog and Grubauer but both have a different number they’re asking. When those two get offers from other teams they’ll likely come back and say here’s what I can get on the open market. Give me my ask or I’m gone. I refuse to believe the captain of the team or a goalie who claims he 100% wants to stay in Denver get offers elsewhere snd don’t give Sakic one last opportunity to make it right. If they don’t you just know they aren’t the type of “people” Sakic wants around anyway.

I’m a bit of a broken record but I continuously preach Sakic is better at this than the people on this board claim to be when they try to explain how he should do his job.

This sounds nice, but generally doesn't happen. Very rare to get a chance at a last-minute match in free agency, teams don't want to be used like that. Its kind of like the real world we live in, if we did that to get a raise at our jobs it very likely blows up on us. Our current employer is not happy they had to pay more to keep us and the prospective hiring company mad we wasted their time and ended up just staying where we were.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Yeah, the Avs when Lacroix and then Giguere (but still Lacroix) was running things I remember they lowballed Laperriere, Brunette, and Theodore in quick succession. Jarmo is similar in that he drives a really hard bargain and said as much publicly, at least when the player in question was still under team control. That too alienated some players.

Sakic doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to conduct business in that fashion, and Friedman said in a recent pod that the Avs are going to do "everything in their power" to bring him back. They know how important he is, I'll be shocked beyond belief if he's wearing a different uniform when the puck drops again this fall.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

dd0.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad