Speculation: Predictions for Future Inductees of the Winnipeg Jets Hall of Fame

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I would think Selanne would go in automatically, because of his off ice persona, being an unofficial ambassador for the city, and the most beloved man to ever put on a Jets uniform. If Ab McDonald can be in the Jets Hall of Fame for playing with the team for the first two seasons as a local Winnipegger, one would think Selanne is a lock.
Nothing to do with his rookie year then?

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
Teemu set the rookie record.
Does he go in because of it because he pretty much only averaged a point per game after his first season?
Serious question.
Only averaged a point per game? You do know he is a defence man and being a point per game as a dman is very impressive.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
If you’re put Tkachuk in. May as well put Sergei Bautin in.

Selanne barely played a fraction of his career here (I still don’t get this cities fascination. But that’s a conversation for another time and place) so I walk a real fine line with him.
The rest of the former players no way.
Of the current players... maybe Wheeler. He has done an absolute shit ton of charity and local community work while being here. On top of being a top player for this team the last 10 years.
Maybe Scheifele if he stays healthy and keeps producing the way he has the past few years.
Other than that. I don’t know.
Long shot but maybe Hellebuyck if he wins another Vezina or two.
No one else screams “hall of fame” when you say their name.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
If you’re put Tkachuk in. May as well put Sergei Bautin in.

Selanne barely played a fraction of his career here (I still don’t get this cities fascination. But that’s a conversation for another time and place) so I walk a real fine line with him.
The rest of the former players no way.
Of the current players... maybe Wheeler. He has done an absolute shit ton of charity and local community work while being here. On top of being a top player for this team the last 10 years.
Maybe Scheifele if he stays healthy and keeps producing the way he has the past few years.
Other than that. I don’t know.
Long shot but maybe Hellebuyck if he wins another Vezina or two.
No one else screams “hall of fame” when you say their name.
Holy cow.
Selanne is one of the all-time greats, set an NHL record with the Jets, loved the city and the people.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I’d say within 2 yrs, Teemu for sure.
In the future... maybe Buff, depending on how damaged the relationship is after his stupidity.
The rest.... meh

***:what has Wheeler done to deserve the honour?***

Last edited:

Vapaatunnus

Feb 2, 2021
Just the Winnipeg Jets Hall Of Fame. The players that are currently in our rafters.

Already Inducted:
Bobby Hull
Anders Hedberg
Ulf Nillson
Dale Hawerchuk
Ab McDonald
Lars Erik Sjoberg
Thomas Steen
Randy Carlyle
No Phil Housley?

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm on the fence about Tkachuk.
No to Numminen and Zhamnov.
Yes to Byfuglien (he deserves a proper sending-off by the club and more specifically the fans anyways).
No to Ladd and Little.
Yes to Wheeler.
Agree with all this. Buff is next and a great way to welcome back fans next year.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
If Winnipeg never lost their franchise, I don't think Teemu would be in the discussion. He became the endearing legacy of the team during our 15 years in the abyss. I'm not sure whether that means he should be honoured or not. He's a Duck through and through though.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
TBH I don't think the Jets have any 2.0 players who would be HOF players.......maybe Helle or Mark if they finish their careers strong. Jets 2.0 have had some very good players, but I don't see any locks of be a HOF. IMO

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
For me a Hall of Fame is all about the accomplishment or what you did for the team, even if it's a singularly great moment. Like a "Henderson scores for Canada" type thing where a 4th liner scores a cup winning goal in a multiple OT game 7 to win the Jets the cup sort of thing. Something that you look at that players name and tell the story of what they did to elevate the franchise.

So for me, Selanne's rookie goal record alone puts him in, even if that was the only season he played here.

Since we're playing the Canucks and talking Selanne, I'd put Tie Domi in just for his "Don't dress Bure" comment. That's epic. I'd even want it stitched in quotes on his banner.

For 2.0 players I'd say:

- Andrew Ladd as 1st captain of 2.0. He committed long term to the team when people weren't sure anybody would.
- Scheifele should go in as the 1st draft pick in 2.0 history as his selection is intertwined with the announcement that the team would be named the Jets. That he's putting up over a point per game doesn't hurt either.
- Blake Wheeler is going to have played 13 seasons here by the time his current contract is up. A decade or more as an impact player on one team is Hall of Fame worthy for me.
- Helle's Vezina win puts him in the Hall of Fame for me too.
- Buff is a tough one for me. I would put him in since he actually retired. There's nobody like Buff and I would want him commemorated as someone that did it his way.

So my criteria may be a bit different than most but that's what I want from a Hall of Fame. A memory of great moments/accomplishments/actions that should be remembered by the fanbase.

Reactions: Hein57

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
For me a Hall of Fame is all about the accomplishment or what you did for the team, even if it's a singularly great moment. Like a "Henderson scores for Canada" type thing where a 4th liner scores a cup winning goal in a multiple OT game 7 to win the Jets the cup sort of thing. Something that you look at that players name and tell the story of what they did to elevate the franchise.

So for me, Selanne's rookie goal record alone puts him in, even if that was the only season he played here.

Since we're playing the Canucks and talking Selanne, I'd put Tie Domi in just for his "Don't dress Bure" comment. That's epic. I'd even want it stitched in quotes on his banner.

For 2.0 players I'd say:

- Andrew Ladd as 1st captain of 2.0. He committed long term to the team when people weren't sure anybody would.
- Scheifele should go in as the 1st draft pick in 2.0 history as his selection is intertwined with the announcement that the team would be named the Jets. That he's putting up over a point per game doesn't hurt either.
- Blake Wheeler is going to have played 13 seasons here by the time his current contract is up. A decade or more as an impact player on one team is Hall of Fame worthy for me.
- Helle's Vezina win puts him in the Hall of Fame for me too.
- Buff is a tough one for me. I would put him in since he actually retired. There's nobody like Buff and I would want him commemorated as someone that did it his way.

So my criteria may be a bit different than most but that's what I want from a Hall of Fame. A memory of great moments/accomplishments/actions that should be remembered by the fanbase.

I agree with each except for Ladd....and for sure, a big distinction between Hockey Hall of Fame and JETS Hall of Fame.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Why on earth are Pavelec and Ladd even in the conversation here? Both sucked.

Hein57

Feb 5, 2021
TBH I don't think the Jets have any 2.0 players who would be HOF players.......maybe Helle or Mark if they finish their careers strong. Jets 2.0 have had some very good players, but I don't see any locks of be a HOF. IMO

We're not talking about the NHL Hockey Hall of Fame, We are talking about the Winnipeg Jets Hall Of Fame.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Teemu Selanne
Teppo Numinen
Andrew Ladd
Dustin Byfuglien

That's all for past players I think are deserving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad