Prediction: Will MTL managment ever move DD?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Except he's not garbage in the playoffs. He's the exact same. Great some nights, alright overs, awful others.

Shouldn't be #1, but definitely has a place here.

8 points in 17 games is garbage for any top 6 player in a tournament with little margin for error and characterized by other top 6 players playing at an amazing level.

Imagine Patrick kane posting only 8 points in 17 games. Label man a ghost or a choker, because he would have deserved it in that case.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
A wise hockey man said: there's players that get you to the playoffs and then there's players that pick it up in the playoffs.

Keep your DD, love him adore him snuggle with him for all I care.
Be prepared for one non-contestable fact, as long as DD is your #1 center the Habs will be hard pressed to beat any team that they face in the Final.(period)
So, if your goal is a cup act accordingly, if being competitive is your goal- keep the little guy

On a side note, until Hudon gets here DD is a lock to stay.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
Nope. DD is our 1C, like it or not.
He's worth more to us than what teams are willing to give, team is also winning, management have no reason to move him.

MoonlightGraham

Oct 28, 2005
Montreal
8 points in 17 games is garbage for any top 6 player in a tournament with little margin for error and characterized by other top 6 players playing at an amazing level.

Imagine Patrick kane posting only 8 points in 17 games. Label man a ghost or a choker, because he would have deserved it in that case.

Max Pacioretty has 11 points in 21 playoff games. Would you say he is "garbage in the playoffs" as well?

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Max Pacioretty has 11 points in 21 playoff games. Would you say he is "garbage in the playoffs" as well?

Well he hasn't looked great in the playoffs that's for sure. But playing with a centre who is so easily shut down surely had something to do with that.

I think Patch will be a lot better this time around as he basically creates offence all on his own now.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
The problem with moving DD in order to force MT's hand to stop using him as #1 C is...well, it doesn't stop using someone else wrong... And considering he has a knack of using other players wrong, I have no doubt that he would do just that. DD gets traded, someone else just gets used terribly wrong. Just because DD gets traded doesn't mean MT would suddenly use his assets correctly. Trading away DD to force MT's hand is just curing the symptoms and not the actually problem.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Nope. DD is our 1C, like it or not.
He's worth more to us than what teams are willing to give, team is also winning, management have no reason to move him.

Putting Galachneyuk down the middle is the reason.

Team was winning with Galchneyuk down the middle, and this kid is Worth more to this team and every other team than DD. But most importantly, he's Worth more for the future of this franchise.

HabsDieHard*

For his career Pacioretty in the playoffs averages 3.2 shots per game.

When snipers get shots on goal, the goals come.

Opposing teams develop game plans around shutting guys like Pacioretty down.

And so when he is playing with 2 smaller players, one of whom doesn't shoot the puck nearly enough, he becomes easier to neutralize.

HabsDieHard*

You can't be serious.

Why are you still watching this team if you actually believe that.

:shakehead:help:

That was the narrative that emerged in the Summer to justify Desharnais' spot in the line up.

Sure he failed to produce, but he worked hard!

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

I am consistent. YES. Look at the stats of CUP winners and get back to me when an entire line in your top 6 fails to produce at even a .75 PPG pace is ACCEPTABLE. Remember, the opponent wants it as well, and they too will put forth their best effort to become king of the food chain. They aren't gonna give you welfare checks because your top 6 players are sucking balls. No, they'll hunt you down like the prey you are.

Who is money in the playoffs? Why Patrick Kane. His champion-worthy statlines include 19 points in 23 games and 28 points in 22 games.

Anze Kopitar: Practically PPG in both CUP runs.

Do I need to go on. The great ones earn their reputation with the RESULTS. 50/50 is a crappy pace even in the regular season for top 6 players and an indication that the team is not skilled enough or not tapping into their skill.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
I am consistent. YES. Look at the stats of CUP winners and get back to me when an entire line in your top 6 fails to produce at even a .75 PPG pace is ACCEPTABLE.

Who is money in the playoffs? Why Patrick Kane. His champion-worthy statlines include 19 points in 23 games and 28 points in 22 games.

Anze Kopitar: Practically PPG in both CUP runs.

Do I need to go on. The great ones earn their reputation with the RESULTS. 50/50 is a crappy pace even in the regular season for top 6 players and an indication that the team is not skilled enough or not tapping into their skill.

A guy showed the stats on another forum, in the whole nhl history there's less than 100 players with a ppg and over in the playoff.

The top first lines are limited come playoff times.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
You can't be serious.

Why are you still watching this team if you actually believe that.

:shakehead:help:

Is Pacioretty a better player than Desharnais? Unquestionably.

However he was as bad as Vanek was in the last playoffs. He's played a much better 200ft game this season (motivated by potential captaincy) by he was a perimeter floater in the last run. Even Guy Lafleur called him out for it.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
A guy showed the stats on another forum, in the whole nhl history there's less than 100 players with a ppg and over in the playoff.

The top first lines are limited come playoff times.
One guy from the top lines always still produces like a top line player.

You didn't read closely. .75 PPG or higher, not 1 PPG or higher. And not necessarily career stats, but during their successful Cup runs. Kopitar produced despite the attention. So did Patrick Kane. Datsyuk and Zetterberg did as well. So did Crosby and Malkin. Even Krecji had two very excellent playoffs.

Do I need to go further in the history books? Our top 6 failed to perform at a level that Cup winners proven you need. I'm not asking all of them to produce at nearly a PPG pace, just 1 of the 6 guys in the top 6.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
There are in fact fewer goals scored in the playoffs, because all of the horrible teams that both good and bad players pad their stats against are removed from the system, further, there are also fewer power plays in the playoffs.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
DD has 10 points in 27 playoff games. For a top 6 center with prime pp minutes, that is unacceptable. He needs to really step up his game in the playoffs this year.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
DD has 10 points in 27 playoff games. For a top 6 center with prime pp minutes, that is unacceptable. He needs to really step up his game in the playoffs this year.

He wasn't exactly a top 6 C with prime PP minutes in his first 5 Playoff games.

He's got 9 in 22 in that role and that's below average even for a 2nd liner. Needs a strong playoff this year.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I'm interested to see what you all think.

I for one would love for MB to have some balls and move this guy already. But I just don't see it happening personally.

If DD is completely ineffective in the PO again this year, I will go ballistic if he is not moved this summer. I cannot stand having him play top line C in the PO during Price's prime.

If he stays next year, his last year with Habs for sure, he better get the **** out of the way of Galchenyuk next October and go to LW for the season, or until replaced by Hudon after Christmas.

This is the last year you will see DD at C for Habs. Thanks and good night.

Last edited:

Saintpatrick*

Yes he was. I believe if was paired with a proper 1st line center he would do a lot better in the post season. We'll never be rid of him all the while Chucky's development at the center position is non existent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad