Prediction: Will MTL managment ever move DD?

void

Jan 5, 2006
Desharnais is here to stay as long as Therrien is our coach. Simple as that.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Simply think not many teams will want him... So probably not before his contract is up. That, and not before MT loses his job.

That said, I thought he was a good guy to have on the 3rd when Galchenyuk was playing C.

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
He'll be gone when Galchenyuk is ready for center. Time isn't a concern for MB. He'll do it whenever Chucky proves himself.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Desharnais is here to stay as long as Therrien is our coach. Simple as that.

Therrien has no say in who stays and goes. I'm fairly certain he wasn't happy about losing both Gionta and Gorges the same day.

DD is here because he's the only center the Habs have where Max doesn't go cold for long stretches, period.

Pacioretty became a playmaker when he was playing with Galchenyuk and a 2-way player when he was playing with Plekanec.

Until Bergevin doesn't move him, I see no reason why Therrien should bench him just for the fun of it.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Therrien has no say in who stays and goes. I'm fairly certain he wasn't happy about losing both Gionta and Gorges the same day.

DD is here because he's the only center the Habs have where Max doesn't go cold for long stretches, period.

Pacioretty became a playmaker when he was playing with Galchenyuk and a 2-way player when he was playing with Plekanec.

Until Bergevin doesn't move him, I see no reason why Therrien should bench him just for the fun of it.

I don't know what you're trying to say but Max becoming more versatile doesn't mean he went cold. The team was winning when Max became a playmaker, the team was winning when Max was playing a two way games with Plekanec. If anything, Max with another center makes that line less predictable.

I don't want Pacioretty to be a 40g, 20 assists player like he was like year, I rather see him be a 35g-35a player, with a center that can score 25g+.

Also, Max did went COLD everytime he was paired with DD in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
In my opinion. Their a two things that keep this team from being elite, and a true contender.
Desharnais, and Therrien.
Desharnais is the worst top six center in the NHL.
Therrien is the worst coach in the NHL. (As he has shown historically. Since we,unfortunately first hired him.)
But, with this owner and management. To me, it is more than obvious that winning the Stanley Cup.
Is it the FIRST priority.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It will happen eventually but not at the deadline or the summer. He'll start next season on the team. What happens at next year's deadline or next summer? Who knows but I think that's more likely.

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
In my opinion. Their a two things that keep this team from being elite, and a true contender.
Desharnais, and Therrien.
Desharnais is the worst top six center in the NHL.
Therrien is the worst coach in the NHL. (As he has shown historically. Since we,unfortunately first hired him.)
But, with this owner and management. To me, it is more than obvious that winning the Stanley Cup.
Is it the FIRST priority.
In fact, I think it is only Therrien our problem. When use correctly, DD can be pretty usefull.

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
Even after his contract expires, even if the perfect scenario happens, where Galchenyuk becomes the true 1st line center. I still see DD as a usefull for this team, winger or center.. Good if his value goes down and we sign him cheap (cheaper than his current cap) and short therm like 1 or 2 years i cant see how that would be negative value. Question is how will the coaches use him..

On the other hand, if you can replace his production with a better well rounded and or equivalent but bigger player you do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad