Prediction: Minnesota won't win the Stanley Cup with Suter and Parise

nwaZ*

Your opinion?

I just don't see it. They're both getting old. Yes, I expect Suter to last another 5 years or so but Parise? And the rest of the team? Their center depth is a joke, will they get a #1 C?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Easy team to fix. Tank this year to get a center then acquire the best goalie available this off season. Not sure where they are in the standings but i'm sure Strome will be within their reach and he could very well be a good nhl player within three years.

Once this core ages is when the real pain beings. Quite a few high priced player with NTC/NMC that likely wont leave even if the team is doing poorly. Their prospect depth is pretty meh so i predict they will have a few years where they have to rebuild. They cant retool.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Goaltending is nowhere to be seen and they have a dud of a coach. Meh.

Pretty hard to lump this on Parise with the off-ice stuff he's been dealing with. There's a lot going wrong in Minnesota.

Not a bold prediction though, as they weren't considered one of the real competitors as it was.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
From Theenorthstar

ScreenShot2015-01-13at70204PM_zpsa8d94a32.png

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Was it ever expected that they would? Suter and Parise were nice additions, but adding a 1st line wing and a 1st pairing d-man to a sub .500 team is going to equal a playoff caliber team, not a Cup contending team.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Prediction....a lot of teams won't win a Cup with star players on their roster. There are 30 teams....only one club gets it a year. Not to mention two top players don't make a team. We have issues that need to be fixed. It was a horrible year for this club in regards to goaltending, mumps, injuries, bad coaching, and both Parise and Suter having to deal with the emotions of losing their dads. It's a recipe for disaster. But that doesn't mean things can't change a year or two from now.

Not sure why the focus is on those two for with this thread. Hell, the Avs may not win a cup with all their top guys. Or whoever gets McDavid may never win it all. There's no guarantee. I didn't realize the Wild were suppose to win it all in a few years time for it to be considered a success.

And for anyone asking, they already said they made the right choice coming here. Saying they should have signed somewhere else still doesn't guarantee any more success had they done it. Just sounds jealous, tbh.

Last edited:

TJL48

Nov 30, 2011
St. Paul
Bold prediction. The wild are better with Parise and Sutter than they would be of they hadn't signed them. Horrible thread.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
And the Leafs won't win one with Kessel. Not the first, nor last superstar, to not win a cup, hypothetically obviously.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Considering the odds are stacked against a team every single year to win the Cup this isn't exactly going out on a limb. I could predict that Pittsburgh or Chicago or LA will never win another Cup with their core players and the odds would be in my favor that I'd be right.

Beaunett

Dec 29, 2014
North
Prediction....a lot of teams won't win a Cup with star players on their roster. There are 30 teams....only one club gets it a year. Not to mention two top players don't make a team. We have issues that need to be fixed. It was a horrible year for this club in regards to goaltending, mumps, injuries, bad coaching, and both Parise and Suter having to deal with the emotions of losing their dads. It's a recipe for disaster. But that doesn't mean things can't change a year or two from now.

Not sure why the focus is on those two for with this thread. Hell, the Avs may not win a cup with all their top guys. Or whoever gets McDavid may never win it all. There's no guarantee. I didn't realize the Wild were suppose to win it all in a few years time for it to be considered a success.

And for anyone asking, they already said they made the right choice coming here. Saying they should have signed somewhere else still doesn't guarantee any more success had they done it. Just sounds jealous, tbh.

Don't talk about McDavid like that.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Their FA pickups were more based on what they accomplished in the past than what they bring now. Vanek, Parise, and Suter are all starting to decline. In Vaneks case, he looks like a couple years away from Heatley territory.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Their FA pickups were more based on what they accomplished in the past than what they bring now. Vanek, Parise, and Suter are all starting to decline. In Vaneks case, he looks like a couple years away from Heatley territory.

Vanek is.

Parise and Suter are not.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Parise and Suter are not declining....they have valid reasons for struggling somewhat this year. Heck, Parise is doing fine for the most part.

Vanek is a whole other story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad