Prediction: Minnesota won't win the Stanley Cup with Suter and Parise

El Nino 22

May 3, 2014
Minnesota
Your opinion?

I just don't see it. They're both getting old. Yes, I expect Suter to last another 5 years or so but Parise? And the rest of the team? Their center depth is a joke, will they get a #1 C?

That isnt a very bold prediction especially if you know about Minnesota sports. Suter's style of play should allow him to play till he's 40 or older. Parise on the other hand, will be done quite a bit sooner.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
This would be a bold prediction if you made it during the playoffs last year when they looked like a very solid team with a ton of up and coming prospects.

Making it now, when they are probably playing as one of the bottom 3 teams in the league, is not so bold. Its pretty easy to do.

MilanKraft*

When the crappy West plays the Penguins...you know...smoke show

take it with a grain of salt

Billy Mays Here*

Parise and Suter are just fine. We need an upgrade on Koivu, goaltending and depth on defense to make a run.

Thread title should read "The Wild will never win a cup with Koivu as a center". Would be a more apt assessment.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Your opinion?

I just don't see it. They're both getting old. Yes, I expect Suter to last another 5 years or so but Parise? And the rest of the team? Their center depth is a joke, will they get a #1 C?
I'd be shocked if they don't win the cup within the next 5 years or so.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Their FA pickups were more based on what they accomplished in the past than what they bring now. Vanek, Parise, and Suter are all starting to decline. In Vaneks case, he looks like a couple years away from Heatley territory.
Who ever said they are starting to decline?

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
They'll be fine. Ultimately, there are larger reasons they may not win the cup with those players...namely the Central Division and its unwillingness to taper off.

Last edited:

Billy Mays Here*

More like weeks.

For me and you and some others, yes. But even a week ago there were still some Wild posters saying we can turn this around or that tanking is stupid, which is why I only said a week. Embrace the tank Wild fans, it will be so much easier to handle the rest of the season that way, trust me.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
I'd be shocked if they don't win the cup within the next 5 years or so.

Really? You don't see 5 others team (not even including repeats) win the Cup rather than the Wild in the near future?

Chicago, LA, Anaheim, St-Louis, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Montreal, New-York and Nashville all seem likely to win soon or in the distant future, maybe multiple times each.

Then there's teams who are all more likely to go on a deep run in the next two years than the Wild, like Washington, San Jose or Boston.

Slick Willy*

Winning a Cup isn't exactly easy to do, for any franchise. The Flyers haven't done it in 30 years, and the Flyers are one of the coolest teams in hockey history.

Buffalo hasn't ever done it. Vancouver has never done it. Toronto hasn't won in.....

So...as I said, winning a Cup isn't exactly easy to do.

TOML

Oct 4, 2006
Walnut Grove
They could. They're underperforming at the moment and could be an LA-style under-the-radar threat in the playoffs, easily.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
They could. They're underperforming at the moment and could be an LA-style under-the-radar threat in the playoffs, easily.

That LA team that crept into 8th and won it all was much, much more talented than this Wild roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad