Predicting the Round 1 Playoff Schedule

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
At the moment I see the Bruins winning 4-1.
I really hope I am wrong, but that is my gut feeling. :(

Feb 24, 2017
Games 1/2 in Boston completed by Thursday so the real start of the playoffs can happen where it belongs on the day it belongs in the city it belongs

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Based on the last six years of Raps playoffs, their home games will be the 13/14th, 16th, 24th and 28th. So no conflicts with OP.

Schedule seems right, unless there's a Caps/Pens R1 that steals the Saturday night primetime games, in which case Leafs/Bruins probably gets both Sunday NBC games.

NBC wants to throw a bone to the new TV station they own in Boston - word is both Game 2 and Game 5 will be on Saturday night with a 8 PM start.

For 2 years that station has been a ratings disaster

NBC Boston debuts from upgraded studio

Reactions: Mkdaman1818

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
NBC wants to throw a bone to the new TV station they own in Boston - word is both Game 2 and Game 5 will be on Saturday night with a 8 PM start.

For 2 years that station has been a ratings disaster

NBC Boston debuts from upgraded studio
Yep makes sense to me, which would mean game 6 Tuesday (Cher concert at Scotiabank arena on Monday), game 7 Thursday. Only question is will game 4 be on Wednesday or Thursday, prior to Saturday’s game 5?

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Tickets in Boston just went on sale

Promo code is LMTA19

Ticketmaster - Promotions
I took a look at tickets and they’re wildly overpriced compared to what I’m seeing on the secondary market. I got tickets on the secondary market to game 1 and 2, lower level, for $100-$150 less than the Ticketmaster price. I’d advise people to wait for the secondary market to settle and then buy there. Game 5 and 7 will settle too based on what I saw last year.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I took a look at tickets and they’re wildly overpriced compared to what I’m seeing on the secondary market. I got tickets on the secondary market to game 1 and 2, lower level, for $100-$150 less than the Ticketmaster price. I’d advise people to wait for the secondary market to settle and then buy there. Game 5 and 7 will settle too based on what I saw last year.

Bruins STH's on average are charged close to 50% off the so-called box office price.

I have had my playoff tickets in a book since last September - there is no price on them. Of course, to get the discount for the playoffs you have to agree to renew for next year. For regular season most of us pay 10 monthly installments. Playoff tickets are billed to your credit card within minutes of the team knowing they are playing a game at home.

52415930_426080324828201_1354798080054001664_n-png.189161

Just make sure you are buying from a trusted seller as there are barcode scammers out there.

The game on the 15th poses another challenge, finding a hotel room anywhere near Boston because it is Marathon Weekend.

Last edited:

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Bruins STH's on average are charged close to 50% off the so-called box office price.

I have had my playoff tickets in a book since last September - there is no price on them. Of course, to get the discount for the playoffs you have to agree to renew for next year. For regular season most of us pay 10 monthly installments. Playoff tickets are billed to your credit card within minutes of the team knowing they are playing a game at home.

52415930_426080324828201_1354798080054001664_n-png.189161

Just make sure you are buying from a trusted seller as there are barcode scammers out there.

The game on the 15th poses another challenge, finding a hotel room anywhere near Boston because it is Marathon Weekend.
Yup I had to scramble to find my hotel, luckily I did it months in advance. I’m outside the city but it’s not too far.

And yeah I only buy on resale sites like Stubhub, and I only buy ticket transfer tickets so I get them through the Ticketmaster or TD Garden Account Manager. That way I know there’s no chance of barcode duplication

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yup I had to scramble to find my hotel, luckily I did it months in advance. I’m outside the city but it’s not too far.

And yeah I only buy on resale sites like Stubhub, and I only buy ticket transfer tickets so I get them through the Ticketmaster or TD Garden Account Manager. That way I know there’s no chance of barcode duplication

If you haven't been here for a year you will be a little shocked at what TD Garden looks like now with the renovations continuing and this summer the seats, ice plant and scoreboard will be replaced.

tlumackiuptown138.jpg

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
If you haven't been here for a year you will be a little shocked at what TD Garden looks like now with the renovations continuing and this summer the seats, ice plant and scoreboard will be replaced.

tlumackiuptown138.jpg
Whoa that looks beautiful! Is that the entrance from the North Station train? I usually take the orange line into the garden so if so, that’s pretty cool!

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Whoa that looks beautiful! Is that the entrance from the North Station train? I usually take the orange line into the garden so if so, that’s pretty cool!

Actually, you now can enter the Garden now without going into the train station. They have also FINALLY built a pedestrian tunnel from the subway that goes into the train station. By next season they will have a bar in the station that is modeled on Real Sports in Toronto.

BTW the new lighting in the Garden will surprise you.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Actually, you now can enter the Garden now without going into the train station. They have also FINALLY built a pedestrian tunnel from the subway that goes into the train station. By next season they will have a bar in the station that is modeled on Real Sports in Toronto.

BTW the new lighting in the Garden will surprise you.
That’s awesome!

Hmm I wonder how different the lighting is, I do know that the garden has been one of the coolest atmospheres for an nhl game, partly because of its old-timey feel (even though it was against the leafs which sucks). I wonder if this changes that at all?

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That’s awesome!

Hmm I wonder how different the lighting is, I do know that the garden has been one of the coolest atmospheres for an nhl game, partly because of its old-timey feel (even though it was against the leafs which sucks). I wonder if this changes that at all?

Nobody on HF Bruins has complained about it which is unusual for our tribe :laugh:

The TV people for both the NHL and NBA love it.

Mar 26, 2010
There may not be any playoff schedule. If they keep losing, they can still miss the playoffs.

6 of the last 10 games are loses!

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
There may not be any playoff schedule. If they keep losing, they can still miss the playoffs.

6 of the last 10 games are loses!
The leafs have a 0.09% chance of missing the playoffs, according to moneypuck. They’re not missing.

They’ve also looked much better against Buffalo and New York (yes they are lesser competition but they were dominant). Let’s chill.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Nobody on HF Bruins has complained about it which is unusual for our tribe :laugh:

The TV people for both the NHL and NBA love it.
Read up on it a bit - Sounds to me like a lot of the lighting at Barclays Center and MSG. Specifically lighting the playing surface and making the fans fade more into the background. IMO Barclays in Brooklyn does a really good job of it and I think was the first arena I noticed that did it, and it was really noticeable on TV. I notice it less in hockey though cause the ice is so bright that you don’t really block out the fans. Will definitely look for it though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad