Line Combos: Predict who WILL be our 3C on the opening roster

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Chevy specifically said they were thinking of Matthias as a wing..

Assuming no trades it will be Burmi to start.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Voted for Petan but expect it'll be Burmi.

Still love Petan's game, one of my fave young players to watch on any team, partly because he's so creative, one of the very few who continually surprises with the puck on his stick. That said, despite the excellence of that line at the end of last season, I can see the Jets starting off with Burmi at centre, hopefully with Dano/Armia on his wings.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I hope it is Perreault but it will likely be Burmi. I just feel that if you stick Stafford with Little and Laine they will carry him just fine, and it makes our 3rd line stronger having Perreault at 3C instead of Burmi. But if you go Laine- Little- Perreault that is a pretty deadly top 6.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I hope it is Perreault but it will likely be Burmi. I just feel that if you stick Stafford with Little and Laine they will carry him just fine, and it makes our 3rd line stronger having Perreault at 3C instead of Burmi. But if you go Laine- Little- Perreault that is a pretty deadly top 6.

Either way I really hope our 3rd line has some serious scoring potential. Don't know if we do much damage without some good secondary scoring.

EDIT: I'm drooling at the thought of Perreault and Connor on the 3rd line together. Would eat up other team's bottom 6.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
Why?

Petan is likely more choice for the 3rd than the 4th. More TOI and better linemates to set up.

I'm sorry for saying that.Maybe he did not have the best linemates before but he just did not impress me that much.I think Copp shows a lot more hustle.Burmi started playing better toward the end of last season and he definitely skates better than Petan.Copp and Burmi both make the hits when needed Petan seems a little soft.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'll go out on a limb and say Lowry. This is a longshot and only feasible if he takes a big step forward in training camp. I think he'll be given a shot along with Burmistrov, Copp and maybe Perreault. I think Matthias is slotted for the wing.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I'm sorry for saying that.Maybe he did not have the best linemates before but he just did not impress me that much.I think Copp shows a lot more hustle.Burmi started playing better toward the end of last season and he definitely skates better than Petan.Copp and Burmi both make the hits when needed Petan seems a little soft.

If it's just your opinion on his ability, that's fine. That's your opinion, and no need to apologize for it (very Canadian of you ;) ).

If it's because you want prototypical "3rd line-checking line" I may roll my eyes though hahah.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Stafford is still here, and he likeky is then it will be MP. Otherwise it will be Burmi.

Thorburnt

Jul 16, 2015
MTS Centre
Voted Petan. I think he will prove he is 100% ready for NHL action, and hopefully this time around Maurice will know better than playing him with f****** Thorburn. With legitimate linemates, Petan will succeed.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
I hope to god it's
Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
Laine - Little - Stafford
Connor - Perreault - Dano
Matthias - Lowry - Armia

to start the year but I expect Thorburn to draw in somewhere and probably management to have too much faith in Lowry and Matthias as third liners while Connor or Petan or someone gets 5 minutes a game on the 4th.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I'll go out on a limb and say Lowry. This is a longshot and only feasible if he takes a big step forward in training camp. I think he'll be given a shot along with Burmistrov, Copp and maybe Perreault. I think Matthias is slotted for the wing.

I'm certain they'll push Lowry into that 3C spot, but omg was he bad last year. I'd like to see Petan or Copp get a legitimate shot at it.

hexrae

Jun 29, 2006
Peg City
Burmi will likely get first shot. I can see Perreault on the wing and Lowry at 4C. Not sure what to expect from Matthais though.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud

If you ignore the fact that Petan has outperformed those guys at every single level, I guess your argument might make sense:shakehead:shakehead:shake head

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
If Connor is with the Jets we need MP with him.
Burmi's erratic play style is not what our blue chip rookie needs.

Stafford's salary likely keep him with Little and Laine.

Is it possible that Lowry was playing hurt last year?
He went from blowing up anyone who came near him in the first year to being very invisible last season (physically)?

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
Burmi will likely get first shot. I can see Perreault on the wing and Lowry at 4C. Not sure what to expect from Matthais though.

From This WFP article

"I don’t think we’re focusing on him at the centre position," Cheveldayoff said, adding Matthias can add to the Jets’ penalty killing. "He has played centre but I wouldn’t say where he’s pencilled in yet. That’s for (head coach) Paul (Maurice) to decide. We’ve got some very good options there with (Mathieu) Perreault, (Alex) Burmistrov. With Shawn, it’s good to have options."

Anything can happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad