Line Combos: Predict who WILL be our 3C on the opening roster

LimpDave

Jul 17, 2006
Winnipeg
If Perrault is going to be 3C I'd like to see

Ehlers-Scheif-Wheeler
Petan/Connor-Little-Stafford
Laine-Perrault-Armia

I agree with this, mirrors my thoughts exactly. It will be about chemistry but it is likely either Armia or Dano on the 3rd line RW.

Probably Dano because we need someone in front of the net.

Laine is likely our top line pp as well with Matty.

Ehlers will start with Scheif and Wheels buy that may change depending on performance. This top 9 has a lot of options against the larger western teams and quicker teams as well.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Could be as early as November, if we don't see good Burmi.

I agree. It IS possible that things have finally clicked in Burmi's head and he is on the cusp of finally reaching his potential. But we'll know for sure within the fists month of the season of it stuck. The leash is probably extremely short for him. He either "got it" other didn't and we won't need many games to find out.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I agree. It IS possible that things have finally clicked in Burmi's head and he is on the cusp of finally reaching his potential. But we'll know for sure within the fists month of the season of it stuck. The leash is probably extremely short for him. He either "got it" other didn't and we won't need many games to find out.

Even if he 'got it' (I think he did) MP is 3C if Stafford is still with the team.

We will have Wheeler, Stafford and Dano/Armia at RW. That leaves Ehlers on LW with Laine and Connor. With Scheif and Little at 1 & 2 C where else does Perreault play? Burmi is not pushing him down to the 4th line.

There are other possibilities, A 3rd line of:
Perreault - Burmi - Laine
That's awful.
Or go 2nd & 3rd:
Connor - Little - Laine
Perreault - Burmi - Stafford
That's even worse.

It works out fine with MP at 3C and Burmi at 4C, assuming we get good Burmi. Lowry - Burmi - Armia should make a good to very good 4th line.

Edit: Forgot Matthias. :facepalm: Tell me again why we need him? OK, he's in that bottom 6 somewhere. Is he LW only or can he play either side?

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Less so needing to "finally" click and more just not the bad Burmi we saw at the start of last season:

article_8c210b35-a0a6-4002-b862-df5b42a8c0a5.png

ie: we want more old Burmi+late last season.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Burmistrov was good late last season. Very good. So was Copp and so was Lowry. It was encouraging.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad