• Missed it by that much

• Lottery, bottom three

• Runner77's pick ( 5th to 12th)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@peate

May I suggest adding an option that involves finishing 4th or higher, missing the playoffs but not falling into the "missed it by that much zone" (say 13-14-15th spot)? This option would cover a finish in the 4th to 12th spot, which is not envisaged by the poll options.

Also, it may be a good idea to define "missed it by that much" (do you mean 15th alone? Or maybe a 13-15th bracket?)

Thanks in advance.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
@peate

May I suggest adding an option that involves finishing 4th or higher, missing the playoffs but not falling into the "missed it by that much zone" (say 13-14-15th spot)? This option would cover a finish in the 4th to 12th spot, which is not envisaged by the poll options.

Also, it may be a good idea to define "missed it by that much" (do you mean 14th alone? Or maybe a 13-15th bracket?)

Thanks in advance.
Added you choice, now don't get too picky. :laugh:

Reactions: Rapala and MXD

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Bolts, Leafs, Bruins, Caps and Pens ahead of Montreal. 3-4 of Canes, Panthers, Devils, Rangers, Sabres and Islanders will finish ahead of Montreal.

9th-10th sounds about right.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Poll is leaning towards same ending as last season.

I would have gone for that but just seems like some teams may have improved in the off season while the Habs are mostly coming back with last season's team. Hence, I'm thinking they're more likely to finish 12th or lower.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Just missing out. Tampa, Boston, and Toronto should repeat at the top of the division, and Florida has improved significantly so they have the edge for 4th in the division. I think each eastern division sends 4 teams to the playoffs so Montreal just misses.

Reactions: LaP

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If Price is healthy, I see him having a vezina/hart type year...

Short of that, playoffs are highly unlikely.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I voted for the middle one but my actual real prediction is probably lower than that

The odds of everyone repeating what they did last year + the new youngsters picking up the pace + not getting any major injuries + beating teams that all got better around us are lower than it might look

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
East could very well be even more tight than last season. Should be a hell of a fight all year long again with no easy games.
With Weber from the start, the addition of Suzuki, Poehling, Fleury and Chiarot Habs are a better team than last year at the same period.

Bergevin will make some other moves during the season, adding size and bring a new dman in.

Caufield will join in March.

I voted first wild card but I got this feeling the Habs could surprise a lot of people again and finish as high as top 3 in division with something around 104 points.

Have good time and enjoy the season Habs fans

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Bergevin will make some other moves during the season, adding size and bring a new dman in.

DPweI5nU8AAAVBS

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Just missing out. Tampa, Boston, and Toronto should repeat at the top of the division, and Florida has improved significantly so they have the edge for 4th in the division. I think each eastern division sends 4 teams to the playoffs so Montreal just misses.

If Florida stay healthy they will certainly vie for the division lead IMO. I expect Tampa to simmer down some this year. The last team to win wire to wire was Chicago if my memory serves me right. So much is about peaking at the right time given the trials and tribulations 16 wins requires when the whistles get put away. I think a lot of good teams try to take this approach. Not us obviously we want to salt it away in Oct and Nov. It's still something MB talks about and believes.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
We missed the PO last season because of or horrible PP. They did nothing to fix it and they have the same coaching staff.

They'll miss them again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad