• Missed it by that much

• Lottery, bottom three

• Runner77's pick ( 5th to 12th)

Results are only viewable after voting.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I expect us to beat up on the bottom feeders all year. We’ll struggle against contenders though.

I think we got a shot at one of the WC spots and I am expecting an improvement on the PP and backup goalie position.

My hot take for this season; we finish ahead of Toronto.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
The majority of the top six had career years last year. We’re introducing 3 rookies into the lineup. Weber will be back for a full season but I think we fall short a bit more than last season.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
too proud of an org to miss the playoffs again. we'll be in comfortably.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005

I like Suzuki but I don't think he's the solution for our pp.
IMO our pp needs a sniper and a good quaterback at the point like Markov was. Better coaching would help too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Middle 10 range somewhere. Could make the playoffs or just miss it again. Pretty easy and safe prediction if you ask me.

Lots can go right or wrong in a season and that applies to all teams equally. Habs are in the middle of the pack based on what we have for a NHL roster today. Key to growth is how good the kids will be

Also not buying the “career year” BS! It only applies to Domi! Rest produced to career averages, have done it before, or are in their prime years where you expect it!

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I like Suzuki but I don't think he's the solution for our pp.
IMO our pp needs a sniper and a good quaterback at the point like Markov was. Better coaching would help too.

That's my point, I think Suzuki can quarterback ==> he's nearly as good as a D defensively (where Drouin and Hudon have problems).

If you can send this:

Gallagher - Domi - Drouin - Suzuki - Weber

and then that:

KK - Danault -(Byron/Poehling/Armia/Lek) -Tatar - Petry

you've boosted the power play.

We missed Weber a lot last year and the weakness of the first unit was making the 2nd unit worse as well.

Second thing is, if you can have KK on the 2nd unit and using his shot, you probably have a deeper PP.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
My basis for suggesting a wild card spot centers on improvements to both the powerplay and lines 2-4, possibly also lower two defensive pairs, based on influx of Suzuki, Fleury, and I predict soon, Poehling, not to mention better supporting players like Weal and Chiarot, compared to the starting point last year. It's also conceivable that Suzuki and eventually Poehling will also improve the PK. I further believe that the influence of Ducharme on Julien will be positive, resulting in more deployment of better players, and less pro-vet bias.

This team does not have any stars, other than Price, but it has fewer glaring weaknesses than most teams, especially with the three talented rookies coming in.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

No ReGretzkys

May 8, 2018
Too many teams in the East have improved significantly, Florida, New Jersey, Rangers... It will be tough to make the playoffs, but I believe we still have a shot at a wild card position depending on how we start off the year.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Really hard to say. Lot of career years last year though a few can still be better. I think a similar finish possibly worse. God as much as my brain says not to worry about preseason, I just hate to see Domi, KK and Drouin having pretty poor preseasons. KK seemed to get better. You'd like to see Drouin make a statement. Domi shouldn't be a flash in the pan would really hurt if he regresses with Suzuki on his wing though who knows if Suzuki can make an impact right away. Though slightly worried about the first 3 guys I think Suzuki's gonna be good right off the hop.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
too small down the middle, too small on the wing, get ready for another injury plagued season and hopefully the end of Bergevin. Hope they clean house, from Timmins to Bergetard.

Agree 100%. I'll also add, as i've been saying for a while now, that this "great" prospect pool we supposedly have is average at best with not one impact game changer in there.

I predict a bottom feeding team with a chance for last overall. I said this last year, but last year's team overacheived and i had to eat crow - that won't happen this time around.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Too many teams in the East have improved significantly, Florida, New Jersey, Rangers... It will be tough to make the playoffs, but I believe we still have a shot at a wild card position depending on how we start off the year.

Good thing about teams improving means that they will beat each other and take away points from each other. Jersey and NYR improve but that can't get points against each other one will lose one will win. same with Florida/PHI/BUF etc...

So even if they improved, they still have to lose against each other at some point. So the improvement kinda negates itself.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Said it in the other thread, its all on Drouin/Domi/KK.

These 3 guys need to take another step. If Drouin can get 60+, KK score on the road and improve, and Domi show consistency at the end of the season we will challange for top 3 in the division.

Price should be Price and give the team top 5 goaltending. The D is not as bad as some think, I actually like it. Has some mobility, some scorers, some youth, and some hitters.

But it comes down to guys like Drouin/KK/Domi driving the offense. If those guys could of put up some more points down the stretch we probably get those 3 points and make the playoffs.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Agree 100%. I'll also add, as i've been saying for a while now, that this "great" prospect pool we supposedly have is average at best with not one impact game changer in there.

I predict a bottom feeding team with a chance for last overall. I said this last year, but last year's team overacheived and i had to eat crow - that won't happen this time around.

teams below us have gotten bigger, harder to play against. We play the Sens a lot, I expect them to pound us around the rink just out of pure enjoyment. Watching Domi get thumped was probably a vision of things to come. This team is nowhere strong enough to handle a solid forecheck for more than 40 games, then its bandages and bruises.

I really think this is going to be an ugly season, and Bergy will take credit for getting a high draft pick in the hometown draft this year, Molson will celebrate his master planning.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I expect us to beat up on the bottom feeders all year. We’ll struggle against contenders though.

I think we got a shot at one of the WC spots and I am expecting an improvement on the PP and backup goalie position.

My hot take for this season; we finish ahead of Toronto.

Good point, overall record doesn't matter but you have to beat the good teams. The habs didn't last year and probably won't this year.

Drouin finished weak and had a bad preseason, no reason to think he will be good this year. Many players had career years so there will be some regression. Defence might be slightly better, but Weber's decline will probably balance the improvements.

If they fix the power play, Kotkaniemi looks better than he has so far, and all the rookies have great seasons they could make it. Likewise if Price goes on a tear.

I doubt we'll finish ahead of Toronto, but maybe ahead of Ottawa.

Reactions: sandviper

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Who do you fellows predict to win the major trophies? I think Price wins the Vezina, McDavid wins the Hart, Matthews the Rocket, MacKinnon the Art Ross. Makar the Calder, Reilly the Norris, Bednar the Jack Adams.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
The Habs will fight hard to earn a spot in the playoffs. Some nights will be frustrating to watch. They won't have any gas left to make the final push unless Bozovin decides to pull the trigger. I see the Habs being a fast and energetic team to watch but they will be a bubble team again.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
No playoffs, less than stellar year. I'd say 10th to 14th range in the East.

East is a powerhouse all over. West not so much. But we just can't win that much against the West.

Oh! And I predict this will be Ottawa's last season in our nation's capital. They will be moving East and picking Lafrenière on their way to Videotron Centre. And THEN, Molson will need to act.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad