Speculation: Predict the upcoming contracts for Zegras/Terry/Drysdale

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Terry - $7.5mil x 8
Zegras - $7.65mil x 8
Drysdale - $1.5mil x 2

I wouldnt be surprised if Drysdale only signed a 1 year deal either.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Hence the term "vocal minority."

How would that be possible for anyone other than his agent or Verbeek to know? If we're going based solely on production as a general barometer of a player's worth, if anything we saved money. Zegras' PPG had a minor dip this year compared to his rookie season.
“Minority” doesn’t necessarily mean singular.

As for the second part, we definitely wouldn’t know. Personally I’d argue he improved his value by leading the team in points this year, but it’s debatable. There is no way to know, but I’m not sure said poster who was so vocal about it being a mistake was wrong. That said their comment about it greatly changing anything was wrong for sure.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Why would Zegras go shorter term?
Everyone assumes that the cap will go up, and he assumes that he will score more than 60 points. If he’s scoring 80-90 and the cap goes up 10M, his number will be 10-12 x8. 5 years also puts him UFA in the middle of his prime, and in complete control of his career - If Verbeek turns us into Buffalo, he isn’t Eichel, he can just start a league-wide biddding war and choose where to go.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
The most important aspect of any of these contracts is that PV does not include a NTC.

Watching the Canes-Devils, I’m not sure replacing a 99 point Hughes with a 99 point Zegras changes the outcome. Maybe.

I’m not saying not to pay him or give him term, I’m just pondering if Z can deliver a cup.

John

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The most important aspect of any of these contracts is that PV does not include a NTC.

Watching the Canes-Devils, I’m not sure replacing a 99 point Hughes with a 99 point Zegras changes the outcome. Maybe.

I’m not saying not to pay him or give him term, I’m just pondering if Z can deliver a cup.

John

No 1 player can deliver a cup….

Mcdavid just put up 150 point season and there is a very good chance the oilers don’t win the cup.

Got to build the right core, with the right role players.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022

John
I think Terry and Zegras both end up getting a NTC, pretty much every star player (and even non-star players) these days get one

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Everyone assumes that the cap will go up, and he assumes that he will score more than 60 points. If he’s scoring 80-90 and the cap goes up 10M, his number will be 10-12 x8. 5 years also puts him UFA in the middle of his prime, and in complete control of his career - If Verbeek turns us into Buffalo, he isn’t Eichel, he can just start a league-wide biddding war and choose where to go.
It’s a hell of a bet to make, though, like you might be talking saying no to $50+ million guaranteed. Which isn’t to say it isn’t a smart bet or at least it couldn’t be, but it’s definitely a lot easier to say when it’s not on your own table.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It’s a hell of a bet to make, though, like you might be talking saying no to $50+ million guaranteed. Which isn’t to say it isn’t a smart bet or at least it couldn’t be, but it’s definitely a lot easier to say when it’s not on your own table.
Yeah, I was just responding to the question as to why he might want to do that, not advocating for it. He has Klingberg as an example as to what could possibly go wrong.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I think the draft lottery has helped Zegras.

I have wondered about a co-existence of wanting to be “the face of the organization” with Bedard.

John

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad