Predict the Score 2014-15 Finals: Congratulations StvBroDan!

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Well there was always the chance you picked the same result (you did) and the same GF.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
EnglishDevil said:
Chicago 3-2 Bolts in OT

StvBroDan said:
Hawks 3 Bolts 2

1pt to StvBroDan

We are TIED going into the first potential Cup clincher.

Right now Keith is more likely the Smythe winner than Kane so Id say the pressure is on EnglishDevil to get the prediction correct. Can't use the "Goals Scored" prediction as the tiebreaker because English didnt make one.

Last edited:

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
1pt to StvBroDan

We are TIED going into the first potential Cup clincher.

Right now Keith is more likely the Smythe winner than Kane so Id say the pressure is on EnglishDevil to get the prediction correct. Can't use the "Goals Scored" prediction as the tiebreaker because English didnt make one.

Yeah sorry about that, i was under the impression that the Conn Smythe winner would replace the Goals Scored tiebreaker, i didn't realize we needed both :(

What happens if we end up tied and neither Keith or Kane win the Smythe? Rock Paper Scissors? :laugh:

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Yeah sorry about that, i was under the impression that the Conn Smythe winner would replace the Goals Scored tiebreaker, i didn't realize we needed both :(

What happens if we end up tied and neither Keith or Kane win the Smythe? Rock Paper Scissors? :laugh:

In that case, there would be no winner and i remain champion.:D

Just kidding. Probably either a coinflip or more likely using goals scored as next tiebreaker with means StvBroDan already has that tiebreaker in his pocket. Or maybe contine making predictions on other random sports events until there is a winner.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
In that case, there would be no winner and i remain champion.:D

Just kidding. Probably either a coinflip or more likely using goals scored as next tiebreaker with means StvBroDan already has that tiebreaker in his pocket. Or maybe contine making predictions on other random sports events until there is a winner.

Haha yeah it's a shame i didn't realize we needed multiple tiebreakers, if it comes to that and StvBroDan wins by default that's perfectly fine by me.

Or we can just keep predicting on random crap :laugh:

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Haha yeah it's a shame i didn't realize we needed multiple tiebreakers, if it comes to that and StvBroDan wins by default that's perfectly fine by me.

Or we can just keep predicting on random crap :laugh:

Good thing its not on Goals scored I went wayyyyyy to high.

Wonder if there is an accounting of the votes on the Conn Smyth? Could be tonight Kane decides to light it up.

In any case we are tied just like the series pretty cool. Good Luck

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Good thing its not on Goals scored I went wayyyyyy to high.

Wonder if there is an accounting of the votes on the Conn Smyth? Could be tonight Kane decides to light it up.

In any case we are tied just like the series pretty cool. Good Luck

Haha yeah, but at least you made a guess, i dun goofed on that front :laugh:

Good luck to you as well buddy, hopefully njd95 will post the predictions soon so we can see what we each picked.

We both went Hawks in 6, i'd be shocked if either of us predicted a Tampa win tonight ;)

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Here they are

StvBroDan said:
Hawks 3 Bolts 2 Ugg the pressure is on :popcorn:

EnglishDevil said:
Chicago 3-1 Tampa Bay

1pt to each and when the Smythe winner is announced it looks like StvBroDan will be the 2014-15 Predict the Score Champion!

Last edited:

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Bumping this for recognition purposes

Tight year by everybody and to win it is cool considering, I kept picking the Devils to stay in contention.:laugh:

Didn't see a Dam bit of this game. (Power Outage) Except for on the phone until it died.:rant:

Good Final with ya EnglishDevil. Hope next year we can be doing this with Devils wins.;)
NJ95 thanks for another year of taking care of this. Thankless Job by you.

2015-2016 Lets Go Devils!!!

Last edited:

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Tight year by everybody and to win it is cool considering, I kept picking the Devils to stay in contention.:laugh:

Didn't see a Dam bit of this game. (Power Outage) Except for on the phone until it died.:rant:

Good Final with ya EnglishDevil. Hope next year we can be doing this with Devils wins.;)

Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to StvBroDan, great job buddy, was fun playing against you!

As devastated as i am to lose this prestigious competition at the final hurdle, i do get to go to a third Blackhawks victory parade here in Chicago, so everyone is a winner in my book :)

And to echo Stvs sentiments, huge thanks to Njdevsfan95 for doing such a fantastic job running this all season, you deserve some serious recognition mate, outstanding work! You must have some sunk some serious time into keeping this updated so frequently, particularly in the playoffs. It was my first year playing and i had a blast, so thanks for all your hard work!

Now we can all get hyped for the draft and a hopefully more successful 15-16 Devils campaign, i'm coming for your title next year Stv :)

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
HOLD THE PHONE!

Improper grammar usage, -1pt.

Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to StvBroDan, great job buddy, was fun playing against you!

As devastated as i am to lose this prestigious competition at the final hurdle, i do get to go to a third Blackhawks victory parade here in Chicago, so everyone is a winner in my book :)

And to echo Stvs sentiments, huge thanks to Njdevsfan95 for doing such a fantastic job running this all season, you deserve some serious recognition mate, outstanding work! You must have some sunk some serious time into keeping this updated so frequently, particularly in the playoffs. It was my first year playing and i had a blast, so thanks for all your hard work!

Now we can all get hyped for the draft and a hopefully more successful 15-16 Devils campaign, i'm coming for your title next year Stv :)

proper grammar usage, +1pt

AND ENGLISHDEVIL IS THE WINNER!

:handclap:

:sarcasm:

I know a few dont like the lack of bonus games but its much easier when I dont have to think about the math of the bonuses. One of these days I may have to resign as President for Life and allow someone else to take the reigns.

but for now, it's fun. I should predict more so I can fix...er, participate in this historic competition.

We need a trophy.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
HOLD THE PHONE!

I know a few dont like the lack of bonus games but its much easier when I dont have to think about the math of the bonuses. One of these days I may have to resign as President for Life and allow someone else to take the reigns.

but for now, it's fun. I should predict more so I can fix...er, participate in this historic competition.

We need a trophy.

The lack of bonuses does make it quite difficult to score points consistently, but i quite like the format overall.

My only suggestions for potential improvements would be having OT/SO in the regular season count as one, so if you predict Devils 2-1 in OT and they win 2-1 after a shootout you still get points for your prediction. Or maybe give 3 points for getting it exactly right, but 1 point still if you guess overtime but it ends in a SO.

Also if you wanted to add some more flavour you could throw in a bonus point for predicting the first player to score in each game or something, a few other boards have similar games to this one and a few ive seen do that.

Maybe the trophy should be awarding the creation of the first gameday thread of next season to StvBroDan, should he want to do so?

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
HOLD THE PHONE!

We need a trophy.

I has no idea what yous are talking about.
BTW I seem to be the only one complaining about bonus points. Ill shut up:D

:tmi:We don't want to hear about you stepping down. You try to get out WE WILL BRING YOU BACK IN.

You should fix.....er participate in the competition. Always wondered why you didn't

:cheers:

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
If I predicted that would be one more score for me to worry about haha

I won once so Im content.

We should have a trophy that the "holder" sends to the season's winner.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Thoughts or ideas on a trophy? How about if we get RG to make custom Stanley Cup Av that gets passed on each year. What do you think Photoshop Guru???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad