Pre-Game Talk: Predict the Crowd & Roll Call 2013-2014

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
Only difference I see is they don't have their routines on the jumbotron.
They are still around the same otherwise. And should be.

Seemed to me there were even more this year. They have a group stationed at every entrance, greeting people. A table of them posing for pictures on the concourse. Seems like every time I turn around I see some. There's a group that spends a lot of time in front of 225.

On the bright side, in terms of the low attendance numbers, I use it to my advantage. Spend the first period in my usual seat in 121, then the next two period wherever I want. I like the variety. Last night I had 3 rows to myself up in 226, watching the MSG feed on the TV's above.

If the new ownership is gonna cling to their box office prices and leave 4k empties, might as well make the best of it, right? :dunno:

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
They don't announce at the game anymore so I have no idea what it really was. From my vantage point it was no more than 13k.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
14,205 was the announced attendance which is pathetic for Pittsburgh on a Saturday night. The only reason I ever know the number is TG's tweets.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And after seemingly toning it down last night, the Diablos had every noisemaker known to man tonight...the strong horn, the dying horn, the vuvuzela, the cowbell - for some reason it didn't bother me as much tonight though. Could be that it was more noisy in general and not the morgue it was the night it was giving me a headache a couple weeks ago. Maybe I'm developing a tolerance level I don't want to develop for superloud noise considering the Devils themselves jack everything up all over the place, starting with a dj in the main concourse.

I don't really get what's the point of having everything loud, louder and loudest - particularly in the intermissions when you might actually want to you know, TALK to other people and they're still playing loud enough music that you can't hear someone a seat or two over from you.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
And after seemingly toning it down last night, the Diablos had every noisemaker known to man tonight...the strong horn, the dying horn, the vuvuzela, the cowbell - for some reason it didn't bother me as much tonight though. Could be that it was more noisy in general and not the morgue it was the night it was giving me a headache a couple weeks ago. Maybe I'm developing a tolerance level I don't want to develop for superloud noise considering the Devils themselves jack everything up all over the place, starting with a dj in the main concourse.

I don't really get what's the point of having everything loud, louder and loudest - particularly in the intermissions when you might actually want to you know, TALK to other people and they're still playing loud enough music that you can't hear someone a seat or two over from you.

I tend to think it's actually counter productive in that it persuades fans to not talk to each other.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I tend to think it's actually counter productive in that it persuades fans to not talk to each other.

Wasn't this loud last year. It's to drown out fan chants they don't agree with. Goal song is exhibit A. "Let's Go Devils" is exhibit B anytime the whistle starts.

I didn't hear "If you're happy and you know it." tonight either.

I feel like an old man e-mailing the team and saying "Turn it down in there!"

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
And after seemingly toning it down last night, the Diablos had every noisemaker known to man tonight...the strong horn, the dying horn, the vuvuzela, the cowbell - for some reason it didn't bother me as much tonight though.

Holy crap, I'm watching the replay and it's even obnoxious on TV. What on earth?

Wasn't this loud last year. It's to drown out fan chants they don't agree with. Goal song is exhibit A. "Let's Go Devils" is exhibit B anytime the whistle starts.

If that's true, it's beyond pathetic.

A similar thing happened some years back with another section I wont name. The "Section Rivalry" thing is one of the most immature, pathetic, sad (truly sad) aspects of sporting events.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Jeff used to exaggerate attendance numbers on most nights.

Harris under reports.
I am curious to why (skeptical).

sbresistor

Jul 25, 2007
Jeff used to exaggerate attendance numbers on most nights.

Harris under reports.
I am curious to why (skeptical).

one guy trying to inflate the value of the team for selling it - other guy trying to save money on taxes or eventually have reason to move the team :dunno:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
12,253 official.

They are not counting comps this season, but paid attendance.

Most teams count comps and all distributed tickets.

No uniform method to announced attendance.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I was gunna say.....there were absolutely more than 12K there tonight - probably closer to 15K

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad