Line Combos: Predict the 2 new top six players

predict the 2 new top six players

• Total voters

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Oh, and a beauty Ho Sang quote from a couple of years ago, when Tavares was rumoured to be going to Toronto as a UFA.

DHxSutkWAAEHPXU

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Ritchie and Bunting have taken the superiour places in this vote sire! :clap: They LEAD with big numbers as we speak. Hfboards already decided the malhotra thang (concerning his powerplay coaching), he was almost fired entirely. Now he only gets to speak, but not coach anymore behind the bench. Hfboards did that.

Hf has spoken, but Keefe doesn't post here. It's his call now. Last year he surprised everyone by putting Jumbo on the top line.

Brace yourself.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Him not being able to keep up means 3 other players won't be able to either? At least make sense when you post your miserable takes

He is faster than Thornton who with Marner/Matthews had a GF% around 65% (the same as Hyman) with over 200 minutes of play together.

Thornton was God awful. Stats are fun though.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Boston plays a much different style of game. He's more logical for them. But even still, they passed on his this year.

I admire yet another attempt by you to derail a thread with the same nonsense as every other thread on the board, but the fact is Boston was a very good team and Ritchie was part of their top-6 the majority of that time.

But hey, maybe we don't need to derail every single thread on the board with the same nonsense? whaddya think?

Reactions: WWB and IPS

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Ritchie seems like the most obvious one to be inline for one of the top 6 roles of all possible choices available to man LW this year for the Leafs.

Certainly feels like Leafs have lots of opportunities available even for PTO players to earn spots due to Leafs cap situation fallout.

Ritchie would also add a physical presence to Leafs top 6 that is needed.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Hf has spoken, but Keefe doesn't post here. It's his call now. Last year he surprised everyone by putting Jumbo on the top line.

Brace yourself.
I'm ready milord! :clap: TOTALLY! Real excited sire. I think with these goons and our current, new thugs, he finna put these two on the top. Our game will be mo thug from now on sire. The pest in Bunting might really turn our other dolls into some true g's. Ritchie will definitely lift our spirits, fight-a-lot and still score. With the heavy weight. He looks over weight too. Which is cool. I like to have that extra puffly jiggly stuff on. That makes us, even more thugs. Hard.

Reactions: ottomaddox

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I admire yet another attempt by you to derail a thread with the same nonsense as every other thread on the board, but the fact is Boston was a very good team and Ritchie was part of their top-6 the majority of that time.

But hey, maybe we don't need to derail every single thread on the board with the same nonsense? whaddya think?

So in your mind, in the thread of potential top 6 LWs , it's derailing to discuss the merits of how one of the guys who potentially could fill that role will fit with the team? Strange.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Thornton was God awful. Stats are fun though.

Stats are fun, too bad you generally fail to understand them.

GF% is not some predictive stat, it is a way to display results.

God awful Thornton had similar results on the line as Hyman.

Try again.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Kase being healthy is a decider.

When healthy - he is by far the best of the new winger acquisitions. I don't think Bunting or Ritchie have the skills to match him.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Stats are fun, too bad you generally fail to understand them.

GF% is not some predictive stat, it is a way to display results.

God awful Thornton had similar results on the line as Hyman.

Try again.

He didn't though. Don't care what any stats say. I watched nearly every Leafs game. Hyman made an impact, Thornton did not.

If Thornton was so good, why was he pushed down the lineup?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
He didn't though. Don't care what any stats say. I watched nearly every Leafs game. Hyman made an impact, Thornton did not.

If Thornton was so good, why was he pushed down the lineup?

Jumbo had similar results to Hyman. Talk about trolling or being dilutional and high on the Maple Leaf Kool-aid. There is a reason Oilers gave Hyman $40m and Jumbo took his show to Florida for peanuts.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
So in your mind, in the thread of potential top 6 LWs , it's derailing to discuss the merits of how one of the guys who potentially could fill that role will fit with the team? Strange.

This thread is discussing who we think should get those spots.

Your post was not discussing that, and an obvious derail into the same shit every other thread has been derailed into.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
This thread is discussing who we think should get those spots.

Your post was not discussing that, and an obvious derail into the same shit every other thread has been derailed into.

I don't know why you are cursing. Hopefully kids don't read this stuff.

I'm failing to understand how talking about a player's skills (or in this case lack of skills in an area) would be considered off topic.

More off topic is you trying to make this thread about me.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I don't know why you are cursing. Hopefully kids don't read this stuff.

I'm failing to understand how talking about a player's skills (or in this case lack of skills in an area) would be considered off topic.

More off topic is you trying to make this thread about me.

Try not to drag this thread into the same gutter you guys have dragged every single other thread into this summer, ok?

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
you don't care about goals for and against now?

Yes, of course. But I can see from watching games, who contributes to GF or helps prevents GA.

In this case, the poster tried to claim Thornton and Hyman are equal. That's what the stats they produced say. I say, as a guy who watches more hockey than I care to admit, that if you had a trial for advanced stats and tried to use that comparison as an example of what the stat tells you, the stat would be given a restraining order.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Try not to drag this thread into the same gutter you guys have dragged every single other thread into this summer, ok?

I made a comment about Ritchie being too slow and then pointed out how players fit differently with different teams.

Then I was accused of derailing. Very ironic.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I made a comment about Ritchie being too slow and then pointed out how players fit differently with different teams.

Then I was accused of derailing. Very ironic.

Instead of answering the topic of this thread - which 2 guys you thought would be in the top 6 - you instead just decided to mock one of the choices, even though your claim was easily shown to be empty and baseless.

Any time you want to contribute to the actual topic of the thread (instead of just silly, empty, derogatory claims) - please, feel free.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Yes, of course. But I can see from watching games, who contributes to GF or helps prevents GA.

In this case, the poster tried to claim Thornton and Hyman are equal. That's what the stats they produced say. I say, as a guy who watches more hockey than I care to admit, that if you had a trial for advanced stats and tried to use that comparison as an example of what the stat tells you, the stat would be given a restraining order.

Despite your impressively infallible eye test opinion (which i'm sure your well compensated by the hockey world for employing), we have reams of evidence that a Matthews-Marner combo is awesome regardless of who plays the other wing, and yes, that included Thornton.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Mik and Ho-Sang

Similar to Galch I think Ho-Sang figures it out in Toronto and puts his head down and works his tail off as this is really his last chance to be an NHL player and with our developmental team I can see him absolutely taking advantage of it and developing into an offence first 2-way player

Mik- The guy already has the wheels to be there and if he continues to recover from that wrist injury the next thing to come back will be his touch...in the end love him or hate him he has the pedigree internationally in terms of playing and producing with stars (Russian national team) to justify giving him an extended look with JT and Marner
or even on his own with Matty and another winger (in that scenario Willie plays with JT and MM eats teams alive on the 3rd line and we roll 18-18-18-6 with extra minutes going to the hot line that night)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad