Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
To start the season?

To play the most games in the top 6?

To be most effective in the top 6?

Reactions: 666

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Should be Kase and Ritchie but if Kase can’t stay healthy, it would probably be Kerfoot.

Reactions: banks

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'm torn between two of Ritchie, Bunting and Kerfoot. I voted for the new adds as granting such an opportunity feels like something Keefe tends to opt for.

Last edited:

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I've got Nylander moving to LW with Matty and Kase.

Ritchie with JT and Mitch.

Bunting Kerf Spezz

Mikheyev Kampf Gusev

Simmonds 13th F.

I'd rotate Simmonds in for Spezza 40 games for each...more for one if the other gets injured. Keep both guys healthy and rested for the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel Ward

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
I'm curious to see Simmonds get another shot, mostly because I don't see where he fits on a checking 3rd line or a 4th line with an aging Spezza.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Predicting Bunting will eventually stick in the top 6 and finish his contract there.

Ritchie will probably start there and be demoted.

If Kase is healthy, he'll play there over Ritchie. If not, it becomes a revolving door with Kerfoot/Mikheyev/etc. getting short reps in.

Reactions: ottomaddox

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Predicting Bunting will eventually stick in the top 6 and finish his contract there.

Ritchie will probably start there and be demoted.

If Kase is healthy, he'll play there over Ritchie. If not, it becomes a revolving door with Kerfoot/Mikheyev/etc. getting short reps in.
Agreed on revolving door there are 164 games of top 6 LW to be played, probably works out something like:
Ritchie 50
Kerfoot 20
Bunting 30
Kase 10
Mikheyev 10
Robertson 10
Simmonds 20
Somebody else 10

forecheck

May 14, 2007
So Michael Bunting has played 26 total NHL Games at 26 years old and is being presented as a top 6 candidate for the leafs ... Only in Toronto does this happen ...

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
So Michael Bunting has played 26 total NHL Games at 26 years old and is being presented as a top 6 candidate for the leafs ... Only in Toronto does this happen ...

theres no reason he’s not a top 6 candidate. No one is saying he’s a legitimately proven top 6 player right now, but he played top 6 for the coyotes with lesser players than he will line up with here, in literally his first games in the league and did very well. Now we’ll see if he can continue to prove he belongs

Also, this kind of thing happens at times in literally every city.

Last edited:

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

Leg-up Super Powers go to Soo Greyhounds Alumni.

It's not fair, but a lot of life is unfair.

Do you remember in minor hockey when the coach awarded his son the 'C' or an 'A'?

::shrugs shoulders::

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Leg-up Super Powers go to Soo Greyhounds Alumni.

It's not fair, but a lot of life is unfair.

Do you remember in minor hockey when the coach awarded his son the 'C' or an 'A'?

::shrugs shoulders::
Ritchie and Bunting have taken the superiour places in this vote sire! :clap: They LEAD with big numbers as we speak. Hfboards already decided the malhotra thang (concerning his powerplay coaching), he was almost fired entirely. Now he only gets to speak, but not coach anymore behind the bench. Hfboards did that.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Last year Florida had Carter Verhaeghe and Mason Marchment on their 1st line at the same time. That's two Buntings, not one.

It happens quite often.

Now stop trying to derail the thread.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I’m predicting Bunting gets a chance and he crushes it

I think Ritchie is the most obvious

Ritchie trying to keep up speed wise with top lines in the NHL will be comical to watch. Get ready for a lot of 3 on 1s the other way.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Ritchie trying to keep up speed wise with top lines in the NHL will be comical to watch. Get ready for a lot of 3 on 1s the other way.

Him not being able to keep up means 3 other players won't be able to either? At least make sense when you post your miserable takes

He is faster than Thornton who with Marner/Matthews had a GF% around 65% (the same as Hyman) with over 200 minutes of play together.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I think Ritchie is almost guaranteed to get a long look in the top 6 to start the season. But he's the only easy choice. And that's not to say he can't play his way out of the top 6.

Went with Kerfoot for the other. If Kase is healthy he could steal the spot, but I have no reason to assume he's ready to go on day 1.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I think Ritchie will get a look beside M&M at camp but not sold he'll stick there into the season.

Kerfoot will go with Tavares & Nylander but may find his way back to 3C at some point.

Long-term is anyone's guess. There'll be a lot of shuffling of lines this year, just hope Sheldon settles on something solid far enough before the playoffs so that each unit can develop some actual chemistry ... (then he'll shuffle them again in the playoffs if they're looking like another first round exit is imminent)

Reactions: banks

Jun 27, 2005
Ritchie will start in the top 6 and Robertson will finish in the top 6.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Some people think Bunting is going to be a breakout player this year. He's got the qualities in a player, that if he finds chemistry with our guys, he'll be extremely valuable.

Ritchie is another guy, who can be extremely valuable. When he's playing hard, he plays well. Allegedly working on his skating (a weakness). If he can address his skating, and consistency, he's a valuable player... but that's a big wildcard.

Bigger wildcards are Gusev and Ho Sang. It seems as though Ho Sang and Tavares have some history with each other. It also seems like Ho Sang has been working out for six weeks plus now, with Leafs, and Leafs players. He's got skills, but I'm not sure he will ever mentally put it together. But, if he does, he could really being a strong addition to the team.

Gusev, bad skater, bad defensively, elite offensively. What he's good at, he's very good... I just don't see him sticking on this team.

Mikheyev... look, the only knock on him is his finishing capabilities. If he's rehabbed that wrist that got sliced, and can finish, he's top six. If not... he's playing the PK, and done here at the end of the year, or sooner.

Robertson... I don't think his all around game is fully ready, but the kid is a gamer, can score, and at some point will be in the top six. I expect one more year with the Marlies, and he'll be better for it, but he's got that drive, that he could just steal a spot.

Not many teams will have this much competition for these spots... it's a good thing Leafs fans.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad