Predict the 06 WJC Rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Mallard said:
.......Could Brandon Prust make the team or is he too old?
Brandon Prust is now 21 years old, clearly too old for an under20 tournament.

Also -- Dustin Boyd got a long look at last years team because he deserved it.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Here's my evolving U.S. WJC roster based on evaluation camp/NHL training camp/early junior action:

Forwards (x13)

Schremp
Ryan
Kessel
Dubinsky
LaVallee
Wheeler
Mueller
Gerbe
Fritsche (Tom)
Porter
Bourque
Kolarik
Weller

Defense (x8)

Johnson
Sauer
Hagemo
Lashoff
Lee
Chorney
Thelen
Yandle

Goaltenders (x2)

Schneider
Frazee

Last edited:

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
Here's my evolving U.S. WJC roster based on evaluation camp/NHL training camp/early junior action:

Forwards (x13)

Schremp
Ryan
Kessel
Dubinsky
LaVallee
Wheeler
Mueller
Dubinsky
Fritsche (Tom)
Porter
Bourque
Kolarik
Weller

Defense (x8)

Johnson
Sauer
Hagemo
Lashoff
Lee
Chorney
Thelen
Yandle

Goaltenders (x2)

Schneider
Frazee

You've got Dubinsky listed twice.

I think you're jumping too quick at the major junior guys who have had quick starts. I want to give the NCAA kids some time to show what they've got.

I hope they do very well this year because we're probably gonna lose a lot of eligible guys to the NHL next year, which sucks.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
cagney said:
You've got Dubinsky listed twice.

I think you're jumping too quick at the major junior guys who have had quick starts. I want to give the NCAA kids some time to show what they've got.

I hope they do very well this year because we're probably gonna lose a lot of eligible guys to the NHL next year, which sucks.

Thanks for pointing that out. I added Gerbe (who I really like and is made for this sort of competition). Fair point on the CHL players, although IMO, the U.S. CHL crop is exceptionally strong this year.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
The swedish team will look somewhat like this.

Goalies:
Magnus Ã…kerlund, b 1986
Mattias Modig, b 1987
Jhonas Enroth, b 1988

Defenders:
Tobias Viklund, b 1986
Oscar Hedman, b 1986
Richard Demén-Willaume, b 1986
Patrik Hersley, b 1986
Niklas Andersson, b 1986
Anton Strålman, b 1986
Alexander Hellström, b 1987
Alexander Edler, b 1986

Forwards:
Mattias Hellström, b 1986
Nicklas Bergfors, b 1987
Johannes Salmonsson, b 1986
Niklas Bröms, b 1986
Alexander Sundström, b 1987
Fredrik Pettersson, b 1987
Nicklas Bergström, b 1987
Anton Axelsson, b 1986
Sebastian Karlsson, b 1986
Björn Svensson, b 1986
Johan Harju, b 1986
Tom Wandell, b 1987
Johan Ryno, b 1986

This team actually looks better than I thought it would. Hopefully it can reach the semi's. The goalies are ok. Åkerlund must prove he's a good prospect otherwise I think that Enroth, who seems to be an awesome prospect, might move up and steal the starter-job. Although he might be no. 3 due to his age right now. The defense looks really good I think. Many of the guys have been playing against men for quite a while and are doing it good. Just outside this squad is Niklas Hjalmarsson who could take Hellströms, Anderssons or Strålmans place.
The forwards are also just ok. The 07 team will be better offensivly I think. But Bergfors and Salmonsson will probably produce a lot of points and Pettersson could really step up and score a lot. He's started well in the WHL.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Dubnyk-Price

Barker-Bourdon
Staal-Parent
Schultz-Mikkelson
Letang

Pouliot-Brule-Wolski
Little-O'Marra-Cogliano
Bolland-Chipchura-Bourret
Mccardle-Boyd-Comeau
Latendresse

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
Oilers Chick said:
I was just looking at Team Canada's (invite?) list. Is there a reason why Jonathan Toews isn't even getting any consideration? [a thousand pardons if this question has already been posed elsewhere on HF].

I don't know if you are still interested in it but here my two cents anyway ;)

That list would have been the summer development camp roster. Toews was with the Canadian U18 program this summer and captained the team to a gold medal at the World Cup in Piestany.

Don't forget that before he started with UND he only played high/prep school hockey with Shattuck and the Canadian summer camp had only one player who hasn't been drafted, in late 1987 born Bryan Little (who already played two seasons in the OHL) and had 18 players who were first round draft picks.

He might get an invitation for the selection camp in December, but given Sutter's preferance for older players I'm not sure about that (the same goes for Angelo Esposito from the Q).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad