Predict League Standings

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
East:

1- NYR
ridiculous mix of quality depth and elite talent up front, arguably best top-6 d group in the league (especially if Staal comes back ahead of last year's concussion marred season), one of league best goalies, & a coach who drives a tight ship.

2- Boston
while it will be fun to watch Lucic struggle (if he is as out-of-shape as reports indicate) & go from hero to zero in that market, Bruins have great depth & a roster with minimal changes. Stability should help contribute to strong start, depth to a strong finish.

3- Tampa Bay
A bit of a stretch... hinges on Lindback being above average in nets. They have scoring, solid (if unspectacular) top4-defense, and the right coach to get the most out of a relatively unknown group of depth players (bottom-6, bottom-pairing). My darkhorse pick

4- Philly
If Bryz comes back with a better season, could challenge NYR for conference title... great skill/depth up front, defense is still solid despite losing Pronger/Carle.

5- Pitt
Crosby/Malkin will need to carry a team that has lot's of holes in the lineup up front and on defense. Lucky for them that those two can probably handle it. Nevertheless Bylsma has his work cut out for him.

6- Carolina
another "reach"... their top-6 could be pretty damn effective with Staals, Semin, Skinner anchoring it. Losing Ruutu hurts depth big time & their defense lacks high-end talent... Ward will have to have a very strong year.

7- Washington
a bit weak through the middle of their lineup, relying on unproven goalie duo & rookie coach... but any team with Ovie/Backstrom/Green/Ribiero is going to produce some offense. Remains to be seen if they can carry over some of the defensive responsibility Hunter had success instilling.

8- Ott
Race for 8th will be very tight imo. Teams 8-14 could easily be swapped in any order. Giving it to Ottawa in part on belief that Alfie has a revelation year after getting extra time to get healthy & with end of career right around corner. If Lats is in shape & stays healthy, could have a monster year playing with Turris.

9- NYI
Biggest stretch I'm sure... NYI should be cellar-dwellars again, but "every dog has its day" feeling tells me that Tavares & co. surprise a lot of teams while youth & lack of pressure/expectation plays to their favor. Over 82 games, they'd be exposed, in 1/2 season? maybe they benefit most from additional chaos/randomness of shortened season.

10- Toronto
if Lombardi & Connolly are healthy and used properly, Toronto will have a very good top-9. Defense is solid, and Carlyle is a good coach. ? as always for them is in nets... if they land Luongo, Laffs get back into the playoffs, if not, will be fun to watch another year of futility in the center of the universe.

11- Montreal
I really hope they don't end up in the 9-11 range... playoff or bottom of the conference plz. But i think they are too good to fall that far again without another mind-boggling string of bad injury luck. Price, if he's on top of his game, takes the team into the playoffs.

12- Florida
ooops. While there is reason to believe they will improve on last year, I also think they were heavy overachievers. More inclined to think they regress back to being a non-playoff team this year given their lack of top-6 skill up front and relying on a goaltender whose been consistently inconsistent throughout his career (especially year-to-year)

13- NJ
No parise, no volchenkov (not that he was stellar for them anyhow), a kovalchuk who might have his mind on another continent... lackluster depth up front/on defense...doesn't look good for defending cup finalist

14- Buffalo
Not much I like about their roster... minimal elite skill, marginal depth, a goalie whose becoming more of a factor off-ice than he is on-ice. I think this will be ruff's last stand.

15- Winnipeg
Honeymoon is over... shorter season & tighter schedule means the travel factor will hit them even harder, and home-ice emotional factor will be a bit less impactful in year two. Don't trust Buff/Kane to have put in requesite off-season work in extended off-season, Hainsey (who is already needed beyond his capacity) was more focused on CBA than on training. Easily see them finishing as league worst team this season.

Last edited:

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
and panthers? :)

1. Capitals
2. Bruins
3. Rangers
4. Penguins
5. Hurricanes
6. Flyers
7. Canadiens
8. Senators
9. Lightning
10. Devils
11. Islanders
12. Sabres
13. Panthers
14. Leafs
15. Jets

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
EAST
1. Rangers
2. Capitals
3. Bruins
4. Penguins
5. Flyers
6. Hurricanes
7. Canadiens
8. Lightning
9. Senators
10. Jets
11. Sabres
12. Devils
13. Panthers
14. Leafs
15. Islanders

WEST
1. Kings
2. Canucks
3. Blues
4. Hawks
5. WildSJ
6. Wings
7. Sharks
8. Coyotes
9. Predators
10. Oilers
11. Avalanche
12. Stars
13. Ducks
14. Flames
15. Blue Jackets

Last edited:

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
1. NYR
2. Hurricanes
3. Bruins
4. Pens
5. Flyers
6. Capitals
7. NJD
8. Sabers
9. Lightning
10. Canadiens
11. Panthers
12. Sens
13. NYI
14. Jets
15. Leafs

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
1. NYR
2. Hurricanes
3. Bruins
4. Pens
5. Flyers
6. Capitals
7. Panthers
8. Montreal
9. Sens
10. Toronto
11. Lightning
12. NJD
13. Sabres
14. Jets
15. NYI

Habitants

Oct 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
1. NYR
2. Bruins
3. Hurricanes
4. Pens
5. Flyers
6. Capitals
7. Sens
8. Montreal

9. Lightning
10. Toronto
11. Panthers
12. BUF
13. NJD
14. Jets
15. NYI

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
1 - NYR
2 - Bruins
3 - Washington
4 - Pittsburgh
5 - Philly
6 - Montreal
7 - Florida
8 - Buffalo
9 - Ottawa
10 - Carolina
11 - Tampa Bay
12 - Toronto
13 - Winnipeg
14 - New Jersey
15 - NYI

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Will be a hard one to tell with a shorten season. If you have a little streak going it can serve you well.

1. Pens
2. Bruins
3. Carolina
4. Rangers
5. Flyers
6. Sens
7. Caps
8. Leafs
9. Buffalo
10. Tampa
11. Devils
12. Panthers
13. Habs
14. Jets
15. Islanders

from 12-15 I think the teams can change quite a bit. I think Toronto finally makes it because of the shorten season and their propensity to have streaks early on.

Jerky

Oct 7, 2010
Montreal
EAST

1. Nyr
2. Bos
3. Wsh
4. Pit
5. Phi
6. Tb
7. Car
8. Ott
9. Mtl
10. Fla
11. Nj
12. Buf
13. Tor
14. Nyi
15. Win

West

1. STL
2. VAN
3. LA
4. CHI
5. SJ
6. DET
7. MIN
8. EDM
9. NSH
10. PHX
11. COL
12. DAL
13. CGY
14. ANA
15. CLB

feds91

May 17, 2004
Atlantic

Rangers
Pens
Flyers
Devils
Isles

Northeast

Bruins
Sabres
Sens
Habs
Leafs

Southeast

Caps
Canes
Tampa
Florida
Jets

Central

Blues
Hawks
Wings
Preds
Jackets

Northwest

Canucks
Wild
Aves
Flames
Oil

Pacific

Kings
San Jose
Ducks
Yotes
Stars

:help:

JMMR

Mar 21, 2006
Ottawa
1. NYR
2. Hurricanes
3. Bruins
4. Pens
5. Flyers
6. Lightning
7. NJD
8. Sabres
9. Caps
10. Leafs
11. Sens
12. Canadiens
13. NYI
14. Jets
15. Panthers

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
1. Pittsburgh.
On paper their skaters are worse without Staal and Michalek. That won't matter enough to derail a team that was one of the best in the league 5 on 5 without Crosby. Vokoun can save them from MAF's flashy mediocrity.

2. Boston.
Too good at playing both sides of the puck to keep down. Sadly. Hopefully Chara gets eaten by a passing polar bear so we don't have to put up with them being so good.

3. Washington.
I had to pick someone to win that division. This isn't an endorsement of Washington so much as I believe they've got a decently well balanced lineup and I feel withering contempt for their compatriots in the SE.

4. New York
Nash is over-rated, Kreider won't be a 2nd line winger for them and I think they lost a bunch of defensive acumen at forward. D-corp, primary scoring and goaltending too solid too ignore. Relying on blocking shots rather than retrieving the puck and pushing it forward is why they are as good as Pittsburgh.

5. Philadelphia
Defensive corps is one injury to Timonen or Coburn away from utter catastrophy and I don't have confidence in their goaltending. Will score enough to keep near the top of the conference but they are a faint shadow of their Pronger era selves.

6. Ottawa
Being a pretty normal team in the week eastern conference and North East has some perks. Making the playoffs often one of them.

7. New Jersey
Deep on D, Kovalchuk and Elias are stars, nothing else to write home about. Could fall to bottom if Broduer pulls a Roloson.

8. Winnipeg
Nice well balance lineup with questionable goaltending. They could do some damage if they could find a real star forward to lead them.

9. Carolina
Best off-season in the league. Still can't play defense or get depth scoring.

10. Montreal
Until the stench of Randypuck and the we see something resembling winger depth and a 2nd pairing, I'm avoiding optomisim. They didn't deserve 15th last year though. What ever happens, they have the Price and the enemy does not.

11. Tampa Bay
Liked adding Carle, but Lindback isn't a proven starter and Boucher's system is hell on goaltenders. Deficent in forwards that can play both sides of the puck. Plus Lecavilier and St. Louis are old.

12. Buffalo
Bad team dumped their only top 40 C, leaving a void reminiscent of Calgary down the middle. Come back in a couple years when you can expect something out of Hodgson and Grigorenko.

13. Toronto
Going nowhere no where fast. Not young enough to expect improvement, never fix major weakness and were lucky to accomplish what they did last year. Maybe drafting top 5 will bring them a savior.

14. Florida
Made the playoffs on smoke and mirrors, the only quality part of their lineup in the top pairing has been dismantled with Garrison leaving and Jose Theodore starts in nets.

15. NYI
They were the Oilers before it was popular, darn Brooklyn Hipsters. Gradually improving, still stink like week old socks. They have nice pieces, but brutal bottom six forwards and weak goaltending doom them from the start. Maybe one more lottery pick will do it for them.

Of course, random factors in a short schedule make projections unreliable to useless. Some bad team is going to ride a lucky streak into the playoffs.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
1. NYR
2. Philly
3. Bruins
4. Pens
5. Hurricanes
6. Lightning
7. NJD
8. Ottawa
9. Caps
10. Buffalo
11. Montreal
12. Winnipeg
13. Toronto
14. Panthers
15. NYI

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
1. Pittsburgh
They lost Staal..but the lockout only helped them. A rested Crosby and a Malkin already in top shape, their 5 on 5 play will be too good.

2. Boston
Rask will make or break them...but at this point there core is mainly veterans who will cope with the short pre-season and Seguin is ready to break out, thanks Burke. I won't cry if something bad happens to Chara.

3. Carolina
If Muller is as good of a coach as we think he might be...well there defense is still going to suck but the Southeast is mediocre and they had the best off-season in the league.

4. NYR
They overachieved last year...their defense is elite but I'm not convinced by their scoring after their first line. Nash has never faced this kind of pressure and Gaborik and Richards are both on the decline. Plus Krieder is the most overrated young player this side of Gardiner.

5. Philadelphia
Their offense will carry them to the playoffs, but only the Islanders and Detroit might have worse defenses on paper.

6. Ottawa
I like the direction they are heading in, at the very least being the only team besides Boston in the NE who isn't below average is a plus. Not sure Karlsson can replicate last year but he looked the part in Finland. Not to mention Alfie's swan song.

7. Washington
They should start to recover from last year...but this isn't their year overall. Ribeiro will be a plus, they are more balanced than they were in the past, still questions about their goaltending and defensive depth.

8. Tampa Bay
Their defense should be better than last year, but all of the SE got better and the goalie questions remain.

9. Buffalo
Mediocre in every way, my gut feeling is they will find a way to overachieve just enough to hurt their draft position to balance out lucking out in the draft last year. It helps that they play well vs the poor NE.

10. Toronto
With Luongo, they can fluke their way to the 8th seed. Without Luongo, another year of one to many what-if's. One of the worst center tandems in the league, talented but fragile wingers, and a mistake-prone defense.

11. Winnipeg
Jokinen was an underrated pickup, I actually like their balance, but they don't have the high end talent, and the media is trying to chase Kane out of town.

12. Florida
The division got better, leaving Florida behind. Garrison was a major loss and they didn't do enough to replace him. Huberdeau is good enough for the NHL but not yet good enough to make a difference.

13. New Jersey
No Parise, an unhappy Kovalchuk means far too many responsibility goes to old men Elias and Zubrus. Brodeur is a ticking time bomb.

14. Montreal
I hope I'm wrong and last year was a fluke, but this team shed itself of its wing depth and the addition of beloved toughness in the bottom 6 won't make up for the softest defensive corps in the league. Price could knock us up as far as 9th, but I don't see the playoffs happening.

15. NYI
They are trending upward...but this is not their year, with a brutal schedule and Visnovsky screwing them out of any chance they possibly had of silencing the critics. Taveres should be great though.

Last edited:

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
The optimism in here is really high
really eh, holly crap never mind homerism most people here think we're one Kostitsyn away from glory with these beauty lines everyone is boasting about....have some freakin faith people it's almost like we're playing 82 games and the rest only have a short season and we're tired.
we're fast..tough..big.. and have a goalie. new coach that is probably more offensive minded and will let our guys show the skill not hinder it..NO EXCUSES!!! baring major injuries 6th place at the least...book it!!:nod:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
EAST

1. New York Rangers
2. Boston
3. Washington
4. Pittsburgh
5. Philadelphia
6. New Jersey
7. Carolina
8. Florida
9. Tampa Bay
10. Ottawa
11. Buffalo
12. Toronto
13. Winnipeg
14. Montreal
15. New York Islanders

Karl Pilkington

Feb 25, 2004
Ottawa
www.canadiens.com
really eh, holly crap never mind homerism most people here think we're one Kostitsyn away from glory with these beauty lines everyone is boasting about....have some freakin faith people it's almost like we're playing 82 games and the rest only have a short season and we're tired.
we're fast..tough..big.. and have a goalie. new coach that is probably more offensive minded and will let our guys show the skill not hinder it..NO EXCUSES!!! baring major injuries 6th place at the least...book it!!:nod:

:bow: CAREY PRICE

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
Washington
Habs
Philly
Rangers
Bruins
Hurricanes
Islanders
Sens
Leafs
Sabres
Florida
Winnipeg
Devils

All I care about---habs win their division this year!!

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
East:
1. * New York
2. * Boston
3. * Washington
4. Pittsburgh
5. Philadelphie
6. Buffalo
7. Tampa Bay
8. Montreal
_
9. Toronto
10. Caroline
11. Floride
12. Winnipeg
13. Ottawa
14. New Jersey
15. NYI

West
1. * Los Angeles
2. * Vancouver
3. * St-Louis
4. Edmonton
5. Chicago
6. San Jose
7. Minnesota
8. Detroit
_
9. Calgary
10. Nashville
11. Dallas
12. Anaheim
13. Phoenix
14. Colorado
15. Columbus

PunkinDrublic*

Hahaha...you guys watch too much TSN. The Habs had no Gionta, no Markov and endless injuries. I know you guys don't want to look like homers but please, Ottawa ahead of Montreal ? And i am not saying the Habs will finish first but cmon you guys look like sheep.

So every team has improved but it's not possible the Habs get back their injured players and with a new offensive system and tougher team could have improved.

Do any of you remember where TSN had Montreal before the beginning of last season, yep in the playoffs. So basically with same team minus Cammy and shaky Kosty we are bottom dwellers.
I though you guys were suppose to be hockey connaisseurs ?

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
I personally think we are going to have a great season

Last season was a complete **** up with martin behind the bench all the distractions with cunnyworth, all those shootout losses etc...

This year we have a new coach who has a great record with teams in his first season, a new GM , an amazing new prospect in Galchenyuk

We have added some key pieces into the line up in Armstrong/Prust which will make us a much tougher team to play against, There is no doubt in my mind that Cole-DD-Patches line will be awesome again and Eller has improved physically, Gionta is back from injury, A Healthy markov who was missing all last year pretty much

I could go on all day i really don't see how anyone who is a habs fan can not look at this season with optimism everything looks good to me, yes you can say last year but that was really just a ****ed up year if you ask me, we couldn't get anything to go our way whether it be all the shootout losses or just bs bounces..

I look forward to this season and i think it is going to be a very fun season to be a habs fan!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad