11 - Buffalo Sabres
12 - Toronto Maple Leafs
13 - New Jersey Devils
14 - New York Islanders
15 - Florida Panthers

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
They gave up 20 more goals than us despite the players missing on defense. I'd say their defense is a weakness not a strength. Bogosian is developping, Enstrom is solid defensively but mostly offensive. Byfuglien is a trainwreck defensively at times(ok most times). Top 4 is weak, the rest are #5-6 types(Stuart Hainsey Clitsome and Postma)

'Peg defense is quite respectable, its their goaltending that's the issue in GA. Pavalec is a weak starter.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
They gave up 20 more goals than us despite the players missing on defense. I'd say their defense is a weakness not a strength. Bogosian is developping, Enstrom is solid defensively but mostly offensive. Byfuglien is a trainwreck defensively at times(ok most times). Top 4 is weak, the rest are #5-6 types(Stuart Hainsey Clitsome and Postma)

I like Bogosian. I think he was rushed into the league, and then rushed into too heavy a role, but he has been adapting. I think I like the Jets' core of young talent (Bogosian, Burmistrov, Kane, Pavelec) more than most. It was unreasonable to expect them to carry the team as teens, but they are getting to the point where they may be able to lead.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Last edited:

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
1 - New York Rangers
2 - Boston Bruins
3 - Washington Capitals
4 - Carolina Hurricanes
5 - Pittsbugh penguins
6 - Philadelphia flyers
7 - Buffalo sabres
8 - Ottawa senators
9 - Tampa Bay Lightning
10 - New jersey devils
11 - winnipeg jets
12 - Toronto Maple Leafs
13 - Montreal canadiens
14 - New York Islanders
15 - Florida Panthers

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
1 - New York Rangers
2 - Boston Bruins
3 - Washington Capitals
4 - Carolina Hurricanes
5 - Pittsbugh penguins
6 - Philadelphia flyers
7 - Buffalo sabres
8 - Ottawa senators
9 - Tampa Bay Lightning
10 - New jersey devils
11 - winnipeg jets
12 - Toronto Maple Leafs
13 - Montreal canadiens
14 - New York Islanders
15 - Florida Panthers

Carolina #4? really? I think they'll improve a bit...Stall is an upgrade over Sutter...plus they play in the weakest division in the NHL...but I can't see them in the top 4 unless they beat Washington and win the divsion(like Florida). There are 8-9 teams I think are better.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
How is is respectable with only 2 legit top 4 guys? Pavelec isn't a stud but IMHO he is a solid starter, just has a poor defensive team in front of him.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Winnipeg Jets' preview here: http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=nhl-latest/latest/2/0/839669/clip/416
I think McKenzie agrees with me. :-0

Enstrom is a decent number one (basically Timonen but not ancient), Buff bring a lot of value from his offense, Bogosian can anchor a second pairing and Hainsey is a respectable 4. A lot of people dump on Hainsey, which is fair given his contract but he produces decent results and your league average number 4 isn't nearly as good as most people think.

Pavalec is atheletic enough to look good on occasion in net but his positioning is poor, which turns into results that distinctly subpar. Those kind of netminders can win a game on their own with a couple miracles but their performance on aggregate lags. Basically, he's a MAF who hasn't gotten the Chris Osgood treatment.

Upgrade at goal and find a league average top line center and Winnipeg would be a good, if not great, team.

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
1 - New York Rangers
2 - Washington Capitals
3 - Boston Bruins
4 - Pittsburg Pingouin
5 - Philadelphia Flyers
6 - Ottawa Senators
7 - Carolina Hurricanes
8 - Tampa Bay Lighting
9 - Buffalo Sabers
10 -Toronto Maples Leafs
11 -NewJersey Devils
12 -New York Islanders
13 -Winnipeg Jets
14 -Florida Panthers
15 -Montreal Canadians

That's a prediction and a wish.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
1 - New York Rangers
2 - Washington Capitals
3 - Boston Bruins
4 - Pittsburg Pingouin
5 - Philadelphia Flyers
6 - Ottawa Senators
7 - Carolina Hurricanes
8 - Tampa Bay Lighting
9 - Buffalo Sabres
10 -Toronto Maples Leafs
11 -NewJersey Devils
12 -New York Islanders
13 -Winnipeg Jets
14 -Florida Panthers
15 -Montreal Canadians

Not a real Habs fan then.

BeerHell

Oct 1, 2007
This is what changed hockey. "Fans" care more about prospects, cap hits and business related topics than actual play.

It has been difficult for a while now. We ent through a painfull season last year and we got a great prospect out of it. Now we could stink for 48 more games...not 82, 48 and get another great prospect...I wouldn't mind. I'm a huge fan and although I do not wish for a bad season, ever, I'm predicting Habs to finish in the bottom 5 of the league. If we have to stink then I wish it's
a- in a short season so it's not too painfull too long
b- in a really great draft year
Everything is there for me to suffer less for a bad season so go, but If they do good I'm not gonna ***** about it.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
East:

1. Pittsburgh Penguins
2. Boston Bruins
3. Florida Panthers
4. Ottawa Senators
5. New York Rangers
6. Tampa Bay Lightning
7. Carolina Hurricanes
8. Philadelphia Flyers
---
9. Washington Capitals
10. New Jersey Devils
11. New York Islanders
12. Toronto Maple Leafs
13. Buffalo Sabres
14. Montreal Canadiens
15. Winnipeg Jets

West:

1. St-Louis Blues
2. Vancouver Canucks
3. Los Angeles Kings
4. San Jose Sharks
5. Minnesota Wild
6. Phoenix Coyotes
7. Detroit Red Wings
8. Chicago Blackhawks
---
9. Calgary Flames
10. Edmonton Oilers
11. Colorado Avalanche
12. Dallas Stars
13. Anaheim Ducks
14. Nashville Predators
15. Columbus Blue Jackets

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
Not a real Habs fan then.

I'm real Habs fan and I have been one for 15 years. The thing is I'm a fan that only saw the worst decade of the franchise and we never really had a superstar player (except Price). For the first time since I started fallowing Montreal, we have hope to watch a exciting team in 2-3 years. This a shorter season this year and we just got out of a miserable season. We put all ours hopes on unproven rookies or veterans that lost it. If we won't to make to the playoff too much as to occur: We need Gionta, Plekanek, Markov, Bourque, Kaberle to get back to their game. We need our 1st line to produce at the same rate as last year. We need ours young players to progress. We need to avoid bad injury. Everything as to be in place to make it to the playoff. It's a very different situation where contender teams "need" injurieS and underachieving to not make it to the playoff.

I'm against tanking but I want to enjoy my favorite team for the next decade while they are a exciting team that go for the cup year in and out.

MAYO

Dec 29, 2008
MONTREAL
Ranger fan living in Montreal, I come in peace!
I love how most of you support your team and have them finishing in playoff contention. But to those who say my Rangers will finish in 5th at best, you need help!! Saying that they were over rated last year is just silly. Top goalie of the league, one of the best top 6 d, and now with Gaborik being healthy and the addition of Nash, how can you not consider us to finish atop our conference?!?!?
Btw, I love your addition of Prust and Armstrong, these two guys bring a lot to the table that the Habs were missing last year, I just truly hope for your sake a deal is agreed upon soon for PK. Good luck this year boys, I wish you guys all the best! Cheers.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I love how most of you support your team and have them finishing in playoff contention. But to those who say my Rangers will finish in 5th at best, you need help!! Saying that they were over rated last year is just silly. Top goalie of the league, one of the best top 6 d, and now with Gaborik being healthy and the addition of Nash, how can you not consider us to finish atop our conference?!?!?
Btw, I love your addition of Prust and Armstrong, these two guys bring a lot to the table that the Habs were missing last year, I just truly hope for your sake a deal is agreed upon soon for PK. Good luck this year boys, I wish you guys all the best! Cheers.

I think the Rangers will have a very good season, led by their "big 3" on offense. I think the playoffs could be an issue with the lost depth and grit of Prust and Dubinsky. Defense couldn't survive an injury to the "big 3". Recent cup winners are characterised by a lot of depth.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Hopefully we can beat Florida and Carolina...Florida's 2nd line is Huberdeau-Mueller and Kovalev. Carolina's includes Dalpe.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
1 - New York Rangers
2 - Washington Capitals
3 - Boston Bruins
4 - Pittsburg Pingouin
5 - Philadelphia Flyers
6 - Ottawa Senators
7 - Carolina Hurricanes
8 - Tampa Bay Lighting
9 - Buffalo Sabres
10 -Toronto Maples Leafs
11 -NewJersey Devils
12 -New York Islanders
13 -Winnipeg Jets
14 -Florida Panthers
15 -Montreal Canadians

I dont think they are that bad, but it would be great for our future. How about adding a Seth Jones with PK for our top two pairing, how great would that be. Or maybe adding a second sizable center in Alek Barkov...

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Pick up the tape from last season's playoffs. That should explain a bit more than a long argument. Besides, Nash looks fat to me :P

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Carolina #4? really? I think they'll improve a bit...Stall is an upgrade over Sutter...plus they play in the weakest division in the NHL...but I can't see them in the top 4 unless they beat Washington and win the divsion(like Florida). There are 8-9 teams I think are better.

They also added Semin.

Skinner, Semin, E. Staal, J. Staal, Ward and a decent supporting cast with some good D, yah, there isn't 8-9 teams better in east.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad