Speculation: Predict Habs headlines in the next few days

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Habs extend Gallagher to a 5 year 33 million dollar deal.

Habs trade 2 2nds for Josh Anderson. Timmins gets upset and says he liked a player who ends up being a good one. Timmins defenders defend him with this excuse even though he doesn't say that he also liked 15 other guys.

Habs trade down a 2nd for a late 3rd, 4th and 5th to have more darts at the board and take the lowest upside players available, most likely from a high school league aka the Timmins gem that has never worked out.

Habs trade 2020 7th to Philly for 2021 7th.

Habs sign Kovalchuk to a 1 year 1 million dollar deal.

Marc Bergevin says that he tried to improve the team while rebuilding, but you can't give up Ryan Poehling for Ryan O'Reill...errr can't give up Alexander Romanov for Johnny Gaudreau.

Bergevin also says that he is happy with the team and hopes to make the playoffs because only 16 teams make them under normal circumstances.

Gotta love the second one. It's as if Timmins ended up taking the best player available every time we traded away 2nd round picks, but then, when he has 3 of them like he did in 2013, he takes Fucale, De La Rose and Lehkonen.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
1. "Not Going Anywhere" - Habs lock up Brendan Gallagher on 5 year term with an AAV of 6,000,000 per season

2. "Canadiens upgrade Forward Group" - Habs use picks to Acquire Josh Anderson from the Columbus Blue Jackets

3. "Johnny Hockey on his way to La Belle Province" - Canadiens send a package including Max Domi to the Calgary Flames in exchange for Johnny Gaudreau

4. "Bergevin: I believe we can compete with anybody" - Canadiens Marc Bergevin set out to acquire a Left Shot Dman and upgrade his top 6, and did just that" (wishful thinking)

Gaudreau - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Tatar - Suzuki - Gallagher
Drouin - Danault - Armia
Lehkonen - Evans - Byron

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
1. "Not Going Anywhere" - Habs lock up Brendan Gallagher on 5 year term with an AAV of 6,000,000 per season

2. "Canadiens upgrade Forward Group" - Habs use picks to Acquire Josh Anderson from the Columbus Blue Jackets

3. "Johnny Hockey on his way to La Belle Province" - Canadiens send a package including Max Domi to the Calgary Flames in exchange for Johnny Gaudreau

4. "Bergevin: I believe we can compete with anybody" - Canadiens Marc Bergevin set out to acquire a Left Shot Dman and upgrade his top 6, and did just that" (wishful thinking)

Gaudreau - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Tatar - Suzuki - Gallagher
Drouin - Danault - Armia
Lehkonen - Evans - Byron
Anderson is a 3rd line guy.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
We are on a solid trajectory, we made the playoffs and are trending well. If we make the playoffs anything can happen. I like our group.

Reactions: habsfan891

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They were asking for KayKay sti...

Of course they were. Anyone thinking we can acquire quality prime players for the likes of Brook or Poehling is out for launch ;) They'll ask for JK, Caufield, Romanov or Norlinder as they should. Maybe Struble but i don't know him at all outside of vague scout reports.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
... could be fun. Also, try to predict the date of the deadline.

Mine are;

- "The right deal was not there" - Habs draft Hendrix Lapierre on quiet draft day.
(October 7th 2020)

- Brendan Gallagher signed to 6 years, 36M extension.
(October 9th 2020)

- Habs sign UFA forward Craig Smith to a two year, 4M deal.
(October 9th 2020)
This looks terrifyingly accurate.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Depends which version we get. He did score 27 goals in 2018-2019.
Well, is Danault a top 6? He did put up 53 pts in 2018-2019.
I think most would agree he is best suited for 3rd line but that he can be put on top lines when injury occurs.
I see Anderson as a similar role. CLBs did not have enough players for top 6 duties in 2018-2019.

I don’t see Anderson as a serious top 6 on a team that wants to contend(specially not on the top line) but sure he can fill a spot.

Reactions: dummy11

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
2 years of Fleury's 7M deal is a lot to take on for the 29th overall pick. If he sucks, no way Seattle select him. I'm sure at this stage of his career, Seattle will prefer another of our players, like Evans, Armia, Lehkonen, Chiarot, or Edmundson.

MB will probably use some of the fourteen 2021 draft picks he has to pay off Seattle to take someone we don't want.

Reactions: Ben Chariot

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
"Bergevin: Brad Richardson will bring Stanley Cup winning experience" - Canadiens GM Bergevin acquired depth and is highly satisfied with his roster.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
yqcfw.jpg

Reactions: CHwest

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
Canadiens lock up Brendan Gallagher on 5 year term with an AAV of 5,500,000 per season
Canadiens have traded Max Domi
We like the guy we picked at 16th!
We like all the guys that we picked today!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00