Speculation: Predict Habs headlines in the next few days

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
... could be fun. Also, try to predict the date of the deadline.

Mine are;

- "The right deal was not there" - Habs draft Hendrix Lapierre on quiet draft day.
(October 7th 2020)

- Brendan Gallagher signed to 6 years, 36M extension.
(October 9th 2020)

- Habs sign UFA forward Craig Smith to a two year, 4M deal.
(October 9th 2020)

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
- "Bergevin adds, one inch to biceps, Timmins impressed"
October 7th

-"Foxhole Winterized as Fall Begins"

October 8th

-"Habs GM Bergevin adds 2, 2021 3rd round picks in exchange for a 2020, 2nd. Insists trades are hard"

October 30th

-"Geoff Molson happy with direction of team, believes Habs will contend by 2040"

November 1st

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
''Gallagher stun warrior'' - Perfect Engrish Bergevin quote

'' All high end ufa were not coming i tried hard but at the end of the day im not willing to give 9m a season for an ufa player''

'' All calls i got for trades were all asking me KK , Suzuki and Romanov , even for 3rd liners players''
Journalist will reply '' But other teams managed to get good top 6 players for pretty much nothing ''
Bergevin reply '' Well hockey trades are not simple we were not ready to give our 1st round pick and Fleury for Rakell but we managed to give 2 2nd for Brandon Saad who is a high end player that will help this top 6''

bla bla bla bla

end of last season when we draft bottom 10
'' We had tons of injuries and im proud of our team and our young players , aka Suzuki and Kotkaniemi because they are probably the only 2 that will get a chance this season.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Habs trade two first round draft picks, Domi, mete, and Jordan Harris to Winnipeg for Patrick Laine and a 2nd round pick.

Bergevin says April fools in October, after flexing his biceps thinking about how he led everyone to believe Subban was Untouchable.

claude julien retires from head coaching

the habs draft Connor Zary

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Habs draft a guy in the 1st round, half of HFHabs who never saw him play say he is a bust.

Habs sign a top6 forward, half of HFHabs say he's a cancer or a scrub and paid too much for too long.

Habs trade Domi, half of HFHabs say the return was crap.

Habs re-sign Hudon and Ouellet as AHL depth, half of HFHabs complain we should have signed a top2 D and a 1st line wing instead.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
2nd year in a row Montreal has offer sheeted a RFA. This time the target is PLD. Jackets plan to match weak-ass offer

Jets turn down MBs final offer of Domi, Kulak and a 2nd for Laine

Habs trade a 2nd and 4th for Killorn

Habs trade their 1st for Josh Anderson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
... could be fun. Also, try to predict the date of the deadline.

Mine are;

- "The right deal was not there" - Habs draft Hendrix Lapierre on quiet draft day.
(October 7th 2020)

- Brendan Gallagher signed to 6 years, 36M extension.
(October 9th 2020)

- Habs sign UFA forward Craig Smith to a two year, 4M deal.
(October 9th 2020)

Yeah I could definitely see all 3 of these.

I have no idea who Timmins likes as far as the draft is concerned. Looking forward to finding out. Lapierre is the type of prospect some scouts are probably really high on and others are not. I would be impressed if Timmins drafted him because he's a play making center. That's not our need. So if TT drafts him, he must think he's damn good.

Reactions: habsfan891

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I look forward to hear more about 'depp', good in the room, how hard it is to make trades, how the plan is to make the playoffs and then anything can happen, etc etc... more non-sense from someone who has no effing clue or business to be in the position of an NHL team GM.

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Habs trade Allen, acquire Fleury and a Vegas first.

GM Marc Bergevin got two high draft choices, a second and a first in the process and only gave Charlie Lindgren. He said that Seattle is likely to draft Fleury thus keeping Edmunston.

Don't wake me up please!

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Habs trade Allen, acquire Fleury and a Vegas first.

GM Marc Bergevin got two high draft choices, a second and a first in the process and only gave Charlie Lindgren. He said that Seattle is likely to draft Fleury thus keeping Edmunston.

Don't wake me up please!

2 years of Fleury's 7M deal is a lot to take on for the 29th overall pick. If he sucks, no way Seattle select him. I'm sure at this stage of his career, Seattle will prefer another of our players, like Evans, Armia, Lehkonen, Chiarot, or Edmundson.

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
2 years of Fleury's 7M deal is a lot to take on for the 29th overall pick. If he sucks, no way Seattle select him. I'm sure at this stage of his career, Seattle will prefer another of our players, like Evans, Armia, Lehkonen, Chiarot, or Edmundson.

Spoilsport.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Habs extend Gallagher to a 5 year 33 million dollar deal.

Habs trade 2 2nds for Josh Anderson. Timmins gets upset and says he liked a player who ends up being a good one. Timmins defenders defend him with this excuse even though he doesn't say that he also liked 15 other guys.

Habs trade down a 2nd for a late 3rd, 4th and 5th to have more darts at the board and take the lowest upside players available, most likely from a high school league aka the Timmins gem that has never worked out.

Habs trade 2020 7th to Philly for 2021 7th.

Habs sign Kovalchuk to a 1 year 1 million dollar deal.

Marc Bergevin says that he tried to improve the team while rebuilding, but you can't give up Ryan Poehling for Ryan O'Reill...errr can't give up Alexander Romanov for Johnny Gaudreau.

Bergevin also says that he is happy with the team and hopes to make the playoffs because only 16 teams make them under normal circumstances.

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
Timmins will quote himself after 1st round pick:
"This guy’s a heckuva a hockey player. He makes plays, he’s got a great shot, he can defend, he’s big, he’s got great character, great compete. All the intangibles check off. And we see him as a player that’s only going to get better. He hasn’t even reached his full potential yet."(2018)

Reactions: habsfan891

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4