Speculation: Predict: Bobrovsky & Panarin’s future.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Everybody knows the Jackets are having to make tough decisions on two of their best players.

Current contract situations:

Panarin: UFA, 6.00 mil/year.
Bobrovsky: UFA, 7.425/year.

Both are set to be free agents after this season and both will get huuuuge raises. So, lets cut to the chase.

Predict what happens to both players. Where do they end up, ultimately? What will their new contracts look like?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I predict this thread is going to go off the rails almost immediately due to folks shooting down other people's predictions.

For my part, I've decided I'm just not going to worry about it. It's too much of a distraction from enjoying the games, and in the end I'm involved in this thing for entertainment purposes.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think Bobrovsky gets re-signed and Panarin just walks as a UFA. I’ll say Panarin goes to Chicago.

I would love the Sharks to go after Panarin as a rental, I don’t think we can fit him long term though.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Good chance that Panarin get traded at the deadline if they think they cannot sign them. I would think that there is a higher chance that Panarin would get traded than Bobrovsky. Most teams that are in a playoff race, will have a goaltender. Panarin will have a lot of value. Bobrovsky I am not sure. I think CBJ is a pretty decent team though, and will likely be in a playoff race. Will be a tough decision for the GM.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
If Panarin doesn't get traded, I think he ends up in Chicago or New York and is paid around 8 mil per season.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I predict that this dhould have been made in the cbj section because 95% of the posts in here are going to be so ignorant and baseless that arguments are bound to pop off.

Reactions: Fro

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Kings trade for Panarin at the deadline to bolster their scoring down the stretch.

Panarin leads all skaters in goalscoring in the 2019 playoffs en route to LA winning their 3rd Cup this decade. Then the rest of the NHL watches LA squirm as they somehow try to sign Panarin with what cap room they have/make.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Panarin gets traded at the trade deadline for a top 6 LW.

Bobrovsky tests free agency but re-signs with the Blue Jackets.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I feel for the CBJ fanbase. It's gotta be rough to be a die-hard of that franchise.

Like me, @Viqsi, @CBJWennberg10 and all of our fellow CBJ HFers... it’s tough and has come with a lot of pains/heartache. But, I’m happy that we’re finally becoming a consistent playoff team, even if we are getting bounced in the first rounds.. sure beats the days, when we’d have 65-70 point seasons on the reg.

stymie

Oct 15, 2014
Panarin goes to LA. as a rental.
Bob goes to Buffalo as a free agent.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
i think columbus re-signs bob and panarin plays the season with columbus and leaves

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I have been pro trade Panarin and continue to be. They had all summer to move him and didn't. Jarmo has one elite forward and those are hard to come by in CBJ land. He doesn't want to lose him. Who can blame him. If he can't convince Panarin to extend by the trade deadline he will move him. He's pretty much said the business side will take place when it does. I'll take him at his word.

Let Bob stay and play out his contract. He's an elite regular season goalie. The CBJ should be in the playoff hunt all season. After the season he goes UFA.

They should take a step back, right? We will see. They have a very good under 25 core to continue to build around and will have the cap space after the season to make some moves.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bob is re-signed, Panarin is either traded at the deadline or walks depending on CBJ's playoff position and the potential return they could get at the deadline.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'll suggest Bob re-signs with Columbus after the season. Panarin signs with the Rangers. Neither are traded.

This isn't a prediction, it's just the outcome that I think is most likely out of a dozen different possibilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad