Predict 2014-2015 Point Totals: #15 Casey Cizikas

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
You're kind of missing the point. He fully acknowledges that Cizikas has a ways to go. But so did Frans at the same age, and so far, Cizikas' progression is ahead of where Nielsen's was. That doesn't mean he will end up at the same place, of course, but think about if we had written off Frans just because he wasn't a proven NHLer by this age?

I understand the point perfectly. I disagree with it the whole concept of Cizikas's "progression" and the implication that it has been positive. I think he has regressed if anything. Nielson showed much more promise at 22 than CC does. You could see something there with him. I don't think Cizikas is a very good NHL player NOW. Borderline NHL'er. But I'm not debating any upside he may or may not have. Nielson is a very good NOW. Cizikas is not even close.

I suspected Cizikas mailed it in a bit last year and he basically acknowledged that - as discussed in another thread. For an "energy guy" to do that is borderline unforgivable. He took his spot for granted (and management/coaching staff allowed it). I want to see much, much more from him before giving him a spot on the roster let alone consider him as a potential replacement for Nielson down the road. I hope this team as come much further than for that for to be a viable option.

To even consider him as an viable alternative for Nielson as 3rd line center a now or a year from now I think is surprising at the least. Huge downgrade as far as I'm concerned.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
You're kind of missing the point. He fully acknowledges that Cizikas has a ways to go. But so did Frans at the same age, and so far, Cizikas' progression is ahead of where Nielsen's was. That doesn't mean he will end up at the same place, of course, but think about if we had written off Frans just because he wasn't a proven NHLer by this age?

I'd have to respectfully disagree as well. There is no way that Cizikas development is better, or even on par with Frans at the same age. Frans had so much more responsibility and was so much more consistent defensively from the VERY START. Maybe he didn't put up any scoring numbers, but he certainly didn't have a seasons where he was not a consistent defensive stalwart. Cizikas doesn't show any signs of being the playmaker that Frans is, he doesn't really show a knack for scoring, he's just a hustler. Hustling can bring you to above average when your skills are only average. I'm not trying to knock Cizikas as much as I am shooting down this idea that he has the same ceiling as Nielsen. I don't think anybody is writing off Cizikas, but it doesn't mean he won't get played off the roster either.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I understand the point perfectly. I disagree with it the whole concept of Cizikas's "progression" and the implication that it has been positive. I think he has regressed if anything. Nielson showed much more promise at 22 than CC does. You could see something there with him. I don't think Cizikas is a very good NHL player NOW. Borderline NHL'er. But I'm not debating any upside he may or may not have. Nielson is a very good NOW. Cizikas is not even close.

I suspected Cizikas mailed it in a bit last year and he basically acknowledged that - as discussed in another thread. For an "energy guy" to do that is borderline unforgivable. He took his spot for granted (and management/coaching staff allowed it). I want to see much, much more from him before giving him a spot on the roster let alone consider him as a potential replacement for Nielson down the road. I hope this team as come much further than for that for to be a viable option.

To even consider him as an viable alternative for Nielson as 3rd line center a now or a year from now I think is surprising at the least. Huge downgrade as far as I'm concerned.

you are arguing a point that neither Seph or i made. we are just pointing out that in the future, CC may be a cheaper 3rd line C alternative. i don't think someone should write CC off at 22 and after a year in which he had a broken jaw (i felt like i have mentioned this about a dozen times before, as people either forget, or consider it unimportant).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad