GDT: Predators @ Wild - 1-22-13 - Straight to Hell

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
and the nominee for the "eat your words" post of the night is... :laugh:

and Spaling keeps playing this way your screenname will no longer be a joke...

I will gladly eat my words on that. Mase looked shaky early, but really stepped up. Good for him.

And I have been very impressed with Spals.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I went to the Caps v Jets game and watched the Caps dawdle around the ice and get smoked. I managed to get through the entire game without looking at the scores of other games. Got home at 10:30 and started the Preds game on GCL. Great game and a huge W on the road. My impressions:

• Spaling had a fantastic game. Great hustle, good goal, great forecheck, kudos all around.
• Good lord I missed Bourque. He kind of botched the breakaway, but he positioned himself to get a breakaway and was vrooming around the ice. Our bottom 6 is much better with him.
• Josi had another stellar defensive game. Really happy with him thus far.
• Star of the game is definitely Mason. I went in worried and came out much more comfortable with our back-up or if Peks (knock on wood) ever gets injured. Happy for him.

Suter being -2 and on the ice for all 3 GA is just icing on the cake. And the Wild PxP guy is awful; Gabriel Bouchard and he called Klein Weber like 6 times. Huge homers as well.

KevFist

is best pony
Oct 22, 2006
Birmingham, AL
www.mk837.com
The only thing I'm really pissed about is the fact that Fox Sports South had on my TV schedule they were going to show the game. I turned it on, and it was North carolina basketball...Ugh....

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
It's funny to read the Wild's board and see how they perceive their team to be so much more talented then ours.

I will say their 3rd best offensive players as better than our best but our defensive group is better, and I like our offensive depth.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Let's see.....

Philly is not winning. They could really use a Weber defensively. :sarcasm:

Detroit is falling apart like my rusting car.

Suter was a -2 and on the ice for all 3 goals. Also loved watching him dive head first into a net in a failing attempt at preventing a goal.

We talk about the central being a 4 team race, but the team left out is Detroit.

Their PP retired, their defense retired. And their stats are beginning to look like Columbus last year.

I'm happy, so far.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Suter was a -2 and on the ice for all 3 goals. Also loved watching him dive head first into a net in a failing attempt at preventing a goal.

I think that was Spurgeon diving; Suter had charged back up the ice at all possible speed (he'd been at the half boards and Spurgeon was the ONLY guy on the point, which is why Erat got the break), and with a herculean effort got there just in time to watch the Marty Party. ;)

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
New hoodie mojo for the game last night paid off.

2007_4852010950609_1163688766_n.jpg

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It's funny to read the Wild's board and see how they perceive their team to be so much more talented then ours.

I will say their 3rd best offensive players as better than our best but our defensive group is better, and I like our offensive depth.

Pretty much sums it up. There are so many people/fans that project Minnisota to all of a sudden be a top 4 team in the west with the additions of Suter and Parise. It just doesn't work like that. Other than their 1st line, it's all very "meh". Book is still out on Granlund. Cullen, Seto, don't scare anyone. Brodziak looks like a hell of a player though, I really like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad