GDT: Predators @ Wild - 1-22-13 - Straight to Hell

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Nice choice, let's kick some ass and get a big win. It's never going to happen but a Weber Suter fight would be the talk of the league. Maybe once we're in the same division and we hate each other.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
It'd be nice to watch a game that isn't dominated by penalties. We need the 5 on 5 practice badly lol. Looking forward to this one!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
one thing about this season, no time to dwell on a bad game....

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So obviously I'm a Rangers fan and the Preds are my West team. I also have a ****load of friends who are Canucks fans so I end up de facto watching Canucks games.

I'm 0-6. I'm ashamed of myself.

I need this win so bad :cry:

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Predatrolls #2

tumblr_mh1844rD7P1r76g3io1_250.png
tumblr_mh1844rD7P1r76g3io2_250.png

tumblr_mh1844rD7P1r76g3io3_250.png
tumblr_mh1844rD7P1r76g3io4_250.png

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
GREAT SONG!!! We're so happy this game for the Preds falls on the second game of a back to back after playing OT against a really tough team. I'm pretty sure I saw the Preds' bus from the airport roll into the St. Paul Hotel around 1215 last night as I was walking to the ramp nearby. Poor guys. If it's any consolation, we're not that great at breaking the puck out of our zone. pressure is the key for the preds.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I'm afraid the Preds pay the price tonight for a compressed schedule, Trotz's insistence on having McCrappan, Yikes, and Clown on the roster, and Poile's inability to add actual NHL caliber depth.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I've never wanted anything as much as I want Weber to level Suter. And Parise for good measure, for his role in that debacle.

IMO, Weber would have done the same if he was a UFA. People forget Weber signed a contract with another team too. I'd be ok with it, but honestly, he isn't the best guy to do it.

I hope, somehow, Suter ends up in front of our net and Pekka absolutely levels him. Rinne signed here first, taking a step and hoping to set a trend for the other two, and both (mostly Suter) abandoned him. Pekka is the guy that should absolutely beat the crap out of him.

Oh, and I'm originally from Minny, so I used to be a casual Wild fan. Leopold made it much harder. Suter just made them my most hated team in the league.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm afraid the Preds pay the price tonight for a compressed schedule, Trotz's insistence on having McCrappan, Yikes, and Clown on the roster, and Poile's inability to add actual NHL caliber depth.

its kind of a paradox, this 'depth" discussion

on the one hand, you'd like to have NHL caliber players available to step in when someone's injured.

but on the other hand, how many "NHL caliber" players will sign for league minimum, on a team the know that if everyone is healthy they get no ice time?

so pretty much every teams 'depth" is either career tweeners or guys like Mcgrattan.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Winnable game, though second leg of a double-header on the road is always tough. Wilson and Hornqvist played fantastic last game; I hope they continue the trend. Smith had a TERRIBLE game last night, but I think you give him some good ice time in at least in the first. He gets down on himself pretty hard and I think he'll have some fire tonight to make amends. All of our forward vets have made an impact thus far except for SK; would like to see him step up here.

I expect Weber to cross the line during warm-ups and chat with Suter. You can hate him, but I don't think Weber really disagrees with Suter's decision as he almost took the same path himself.

Preds win 4-2. Hornqvist, Halischuk, Erat, Smith.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
its kind of a paradox, this 'depth" discussion

on the one hand, you'd like to have NHL caliber players available to step in when someone's injured.

but on the other hand, how many "NHL caliber" players will sign for league minimum, on a team the know that if everyone is healthy they get no ice time?

so pretty much every teams 'depth" is either career tweeners or guys like Mcgrattan.

I agree with you in principle, but I have a hard time thinking that McGrattan\Clune can make a more meaningful contribution than Mueller, Latta, or even Watson, at this point.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I agree with you in principle, but I have a hard time thinking that McGrattan\Clune can make a more meaningful contribution than Mueller, Latta, or even Watson, at this point.

I agree, but we have to be careful not to stunt their development by playing them for 5 minutes a night. Not saying we shouldn't call them up (we should), but that may be part of the issue.

Also, what's up with Goose? As overpaid as he is, we kinda need him on the 4th line right now.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

I agree I would have kept Mueller up and tried to sneak Clune through waivers.

But the post I was responding too was criticizing Poile for not signing NHL caliber depth, and we already have Mueller who is pretty much a classic 13th forward..

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
Much nicer 9am start time for me (not that I mind getting up at 7am to watch the Preds mind you...)

Hope we hit the road focused and let's get our first win.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
I agree, but we have to be careful not to stunt their development by playing them for 5 minutes a night. Not saying we shouldn't call them up (we should), but that may be part of the issue.

Also, what's up with Goose? As overpaid as he is, we kinda need him on the 4th line right now.

Gaustad is questionable with an upper body injury. He hurt himself taking a faceoff vs. Columbus, went straight to the locker room, then returned to finish the game.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I agree I would have kept Mueller up and tried to sneak Clune through waivers.

But the post I was responding too was criticizing Poile for not signing NHL caliber depth, and we already have Mueller who is pretty much a classic 13th forward..

Couldn't have foreseen Goose's late (I guess it wasn't known until Monday afternoon, but who knows?) scratch. But already minus Bourque and playing 3 games in 4 days, two out of the McCrappan, Yikes, Clown group was going to have to play, but they contribute so little that the Preds end up overextending the other lines (see last nights OT for reference) and now they have a road trip B2B. Why the Preds don't fill out roster with somebody outside the org, or as you point out correctly, Mueller who is already in the system never ceases to amaze me.

It happens every year, I complain about it every year, the Preds somehow continue to make the playoffs without my assistance, wash, rinse, repeat.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Agreed that it would be nice to see Weber with a big open-ice hit on Sutes. Hope we're not gassed.

Go Preds!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad