Post-Game Talk: Predators vs Avalanche 1 PM MDT || Avs outblocked them 18-17. Success.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Finally got to watch the rest of the game. Varlamov is incredible and is the only reason we won today. Well deserved shut out :handclap:

Tyson Barrie looked awesome out there. He definitely showed what he can do offensively and had a few good rushes that created chances. He also got the game winner :yo:

EJ continued his good play today. As others mentioned during the game, I like the "**** it" EJ.

I still can't wait to see Jones (Seth) in an Avs uniform.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Well I guess its nice to see the win, but we really didn't deserve it, if Varly doesn't go all world today we probably lose something like 3-1 or worse. NSH had a bunch of good looks but just couldn't finish.

I thought Barrie, EJ and Hunwick all had solid games on defense.

Varly as noted was all world today, hope this gives him some confidence, unfortunately it looks like he is going to have to post shutouts to have any chance of winning games this year.

This team needs to work on shooting the puck especially Duchene and O'Reilly I counted at least 5 opportunities for those two to put a good shot on net from good positions and they missed the net entirely. I know you want to make a good shot but you can't miss the net that many times from decent shooting positions. I can live with one, but you got to make those chances count and at least make the goalie make a save.

Pajamas needs to stay on this team, he works his tail off every night. I'd like him as a 3rd or 4th line player next year.

Nice to see Barrie get the goal on a play where he came in from the point and took a chance, this should build his confidence until they send him to Erie again for "slipping down to 7th or 8th on the depth chart." Whats even funnier is he has 66% of the goals scored by a dman this year for us in limited playing time.

Landeskog needs to pick up his play, he has been rather quiet this year. We need him to be better.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Kaberle got placed on waivers, should we pick him up? He's not very good but he's much better than Hunwick.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Does that mean Barrie will put up a 59 point season within three years?

No, but how many times has Keith Yandle even had a 45 point season.... The answer is 1.

He had 1 good year, he's a 40-45 point One dimensional Dman. In 3 years Barrie will also be a 40-45 point Dman, only he'll be able to do more then just put up points.

Yandle is overrated, really nothing special about him.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Well I guess its nice to see the win, but we really didn't deserve it, if Varly doesn't go all world today we probably lose something like 3-1 or worse. NSH had a bunch of good looks but just couldn't finish.

I thought Barrie, EJ and Hunwick all had solid games on defense.

Varly as noted was all world today, hope this gives him some confidence, unfortunately it looks like he is going to have to post shutouts to have any chance of winning games this year.

This team needs to work on shooting the puck especially Duchene and O'Reilly I counted at least 5 opportunities for those two to put a good shot on net from good positions and they missed the net entirely. I know you want to make a good shot but you can't miss the net that many times from decent shooting positions. I can live with one, but you got to make those chances count and at least make the goalie make a save.

Pajamas needs to stay on this team, he works his tail off every night. I'd like him as a 3rd or 4th line player next year.

Nice to see Barrie get the goal on a play where he came in from the point and took a chance, this should build his confidence until they send him to Erie again for "slipping down to 7th or 8th on the depth chart." Whats even funnier is he has 66% of the goals scored by a dman this year for us in limited playing time.

Landeskog needs to pick up his play, he has been rather quiet this year. We need him to be better.

I think a lot of that is because of the 6'7" goalie for Nashville. They were trying to shoot around him.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think a lot of that is because of the 6'7" goalie for Nashville. They were trying to shoot around him.

I've noticed this trend more than just today. When you get good chances you got to get a shot on net. You got to force the goalie to make a save. You don't score on 100% of the shots that don't hit the net.

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
I've noticed this trend more than just today. When you get good chances you got to get a shot on net. You got to force the goalie to make a save. You don't score on 100% of the shots that don't hit the net.

Sad to say it...but someone needs to remind Landeskog especially. That is his main issue right now. When you are the primary goal scorer on your line, you need to be firing shots. He's probably shooting 1.5-2 less shots a game than he did last year. Sure his goal scoring is slightly up but he is not taking shots from everywhere at all times like he did last year. Can't fall into trying for the perfect scoring chance/shot.

McDooRoo

Feb 24, 2013
Wyoming
Nice win guys. Varly was stupid good. Sat on his head a lot of the game. Chicago will give you Crawford for Varly in a even trade?

Rinne played pretty good too, but there were a lot of chances there for the Avs to put it away early, but I imagine trying to get the puck around a 6'7 dude is a bit difficult.

Dutchy looked off tonight. Where in the hell did Landeskog's game go? Barrie was awesome.

A person would never guess that at times the last week or so that this is the same team that hammered Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad