Post-Game Talk: Predators vs Avalanche 1 PM MDT || Avs outblocked them 18-17. Success.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
I like how Varly owned up to not playing well lately. Means he's not just frustrated with the team. He was a rockstar today for sure!

I liked that a lot too. Despite his sub par play though, our team has/is not helping him whatsoever. Great game by him though! Varly is the least of my worries.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
How does PaP always find a way to get a point? It's getting weird, like how Landeskog always found a way to get a + and EJ a - last year.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I don't know about "most" but a lot of people wanted Duchene gone.

Worst time to sell talent like Duchene. If you see pattern, avalanche seems to trade players when they are doing well, Shatternkirk, Wolski, Stewart. Anyway, Duchene always had too much talent to fail at this level.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't know about "most" but a lot of people wanted Duchene gone.

I remember a few wanting to trade him and being very vocal about it but if I remember correctly most were just a bit worried because it seemed his decision making was taking a turn for the worse but were willing to write it off as a lost year due to the injury and coming back early.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Best play of the day????? Sacco playing RoB-Hejda with a minute remaining, L O L O L O L, seriously is Sacco a brilliant coach ordered to tank from Pracey, or wtf?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Never had time to watch this game, just watched the highlights. Barrie (and Varly) were in basically every single Avs highlight. He's going to be the complete package, he already has the offensive game down, and has high hockey IQ. Will only take another few years before he'll be a very solid #2 IMO.

Varly played amazing this game as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Oh and also look at that puck poise quarterbacking the point from Zanon, no wonder Barrie has no room in the NHL when Zanon was the reason why we won, and who needs EJ?!

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
With every win(even though rare wins) Sacco's chance of getting fired gets slimmer and slimmer

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
i said it when he got sent down, i'll say it now. why in the **** does Barrie not get top minutes and we bench these scrubs? even if he screws up at least it's because he's young and needs to improve.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It seems most teams have the same strategy against Avs. Pack the slot with bodies in their own zone, counter attack when possible, enter the zone along the boards/cycle and try to find players streaking into the slot.

It's like Phoenix/Wild/Canucks/Preds/Detroit base their entire offensive game plan against Avs players losing coverage in the slot and it's been working wonders against Avs for years.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
It seems most teams have the same strategy against Avs. Pack the slot with bodies in their own zone, counter attack when possible, enter the zone along the boards/cycle and try to find players streaking into the slot.

It's like Phoenix/Wild/Canucks/Preds/Detroit base their entire offensive game plan against Avs players losing coverage in the slot and it's been working wonders against Avs for years.

I would say all teams in West except for maybe Chicago have this kinda strategy vs Avs. Sacco doesn't do anything about it so no reason for them to change it since it usually works.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Never had time to watch this game, just watched the highlights. Barrie (and Varly) were in basically every single Avs highlight. He's going to be the complete package, he already has the offensive game down, and has high hockey IQ. Will only take another few years before he'll be a very solid #2 IMO.

Varly played amazing this game as well.

I said it yesterday and Im sticking to it. Barrie will be better then Yandle in 3 years. His offensive game will be similar, and Barrie will be better on the Defensive side.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

that's because Sacco has the imagination of a rock plastered with vanilla ice cream and named Caspar Milquetoast

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I said it yesterday and Im sticking to it. Barrie will be better then Yandle in 3 years. His offensive game will be similar, and Barrie will be better on the Defensive side.

Does that mean Barrie will put up a 59 point season within three years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad