Seravalli: Predators shopping Askarov, possibly going to Montreal

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If he was offered to Montreal the offer probably wasn't good enough for Hughes to lose Reinbacher.
Could it also be that the player Trotz was interested in was no longer there? After Bedard things jumbled a bit. None of know the player Trotz was targeting. I was pleased with his first puck even though it will likely be a couple years before he makes the team.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Avalanche will be happy to help again. We have many more AHL players to trade.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
If he was offered to Montreal the offer probably wasn't good enough for Hughes to lose Reinbacher.
The 1st round of the NHL draft is now a thing of the past. Kent Hughes has set his sights on David Reinbacher, and fans are frustrated; they would have preferred Matvei Michkov.

It's hard to understand how the Habs could turn their nose up at such a talented youngster, but we know that David Reinbacher was really their choice all along.

Hughes could have fallen back in the standings, but the Coyotes would have selected the young Austrian. Hughes even turned down some monster offers to make sure he didn't lose his pick.

So, in a nutshell, here are the two trade offers Kent Hughes would have turned down to select David Reinbacher instead.

Detroit's:

Pick #9 + Pick #17 + young defenseman or young goalie, for David Reinbacher.

Nashville's:

Pick #15 + Pick #24 + Yaroslav Askarov, vs. David Reinbacher.

With this kind of offer turned down, we can see beyond any doubt that the CH really does hold the defenseman in high regard. Let's hope they don't regret it.

Ya not good enough.:sarcasm:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
The 1st round of the NHL draft is now a thing of the past. Kent Hughes has set his sights on David Reinbacher, and fans are frustrated; they would have preferred Matvei Michkov.

It's hard to understand how the Habs could turn their nose up at such a talented youngster, but we know that David Reinbacher was really their choice all along.

Hughes could have fallen back in the standings, but the Coyotes would have selected the young Austrian. Hughes even turned down some monster offers to make sure he didn't lose his pick.

So, in a nutshell, here are the two trade offers Kent Hughes would have turned down to select David Reinbacher instead.

Detroit's:

Pick #9 + Pick #17 + young defenseman or young goalie, for David Reinbacher.

Nashville's:

Pick #15 + Pick #24 + Yaroslav Askarov, vs. David Reinbacher.

With this kind of offer turned down, we can see beyond any doubt that the CH really does hold the defenseman in high regard. Let's hope they don't regret it.

Ya not good enough.:sarcasm:
You were big Michkov fan before draft.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Would Nashville have any interest in an extended Nylander?

Trenin
Evangelista/L’Heureaux
Fabbro
Askarov

For

Nylander (extended)
Robertson

Just a thought….

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I still am. I wanted Michkov but if
Pick #15 + Pick #24 + Yaroslav Askarov, was on the table for the 5th i think most would have pulled the trigger especially you with your Michkov has a lot of issues
i also would have pulled the trigger on that, but I didn't see any confirmation anywhere that it was Hughes who pulled out. It could be that whoever the Preds wanted was gone at #5 and that the deal no longer stood. Askarov alone changes the landscape a lot for hte next few years

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Would Nashville have any interest in an extended Nylander?

Trenin
Evangelista/L’Heureaux
Fabbro
Askarov

For

Nylander (extended)
Robertson

Just a thought….
Nylander supposedly wants to be on a team near the cup. That isnt nashville.

Imagine going from being centered by one of AM or JT to Novak or Glass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad