Seravalli: Predators shopping Askarov, possibly going to Montreal

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Likely want a top 10 pick.

Nobody is giving Nashville that in this draft for a goalie (if they're sane)

Reactions: Morrison

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Newhook isn’t that guy
I don’t think he is either. But they have a lot of potential Cs now.

Suzuki, Newhook, Dvorak, Monahan, Dach.

Could see them wanting to get a franchise goalie and move down to take some longer term prospects. It makes sense.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Well I could easily see a scenario between Habs and Nashville where they shutdown discussion for pick 5 but have a side deal for Askarov

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don’t think he is either. But they have a lot of potential Cs now.

Suzuki, Newhook, Dvorak, Monahan, Dach.

Could see them wanting to get a franchise goalie and move down to take some longer term prospects. It makes sense.

I see zero franchise 1C’s on that list and for winning that’s a helluva lot more important

Reactions: Morrison

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Preds probably been talking to Habs about this deal and they are humming and hawing so now Preds let it be known around the league he's up for grabs so then Habs panic and take the offer

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Does an established top-5 NHL starter get you into the top-5 of this draft? Much less a guy who has yet to really play in the NHL?

Seems like a pipe dream.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Preds probably been talking to Habs about this deal and they are humming and hawing so now Preds let it be known around the league he's up for grabs so then Habs panic and take the offer
Ya like the same way they panicked with PLD.

Reactions: loadie

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
Trotz needs to just simmer down. I know he really wants to make a big splash as the host team at the Draft, but he can't let himself get too carried away.

And it's not like he'll be "widely shopping" Askarov or anything. It's just, he has been dreaming of getting into the top-5 of the draft, and previously probably wasn't ready to commit Askarov into that quest, only to find out nobody is listening if he doesn't at least show this willingness to put him on the table. It probably still won't be enough. But he's down to his last ditch effort. That's the only scenario in which Askarov is in play.
I think he really needs to stick his neck out at this draft.

• Haha
Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad